• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what pokemon do you think should of been in pokemon legends arceus?

shadowcelebi

Reaction score
out of all the pokemon that aren't in the game, which ones do you think should of appeared in pokemon legends arceus?

I think all of Platinum dex should've been included. Things like
-Marill line. There's very few Fairy types in Sinnoh to begin with. I do not understand why they left it out.
-Goldeen line. The water in the Obdisian Fieldlands is pretty empty. They could've put this there.
-Meditite line. It could've been in the icelands instead of Aipom. I don't get why Aipom was in the icelands.
-Feebas line. It could've been in the rivers and lakes of Mt. Coronet. Plus Milotic is iconic, why is it not in the game?!
-Altaria line. Same as the Fairy line, there's only one Dragon line in DP. BDSP added Swablu to the underground. And PLA added Goomy, but still there's only two Dragon lines. They should've kept this one.
-Wingull line. There's a beach without a seagull?! Heresy.
-Tropius. I hate how unloved this pokémon is by GF. It's always post-game or hard to get in every game not set in Hoenn. Plus seeing this dinosaur chase you to death would've been awesome.
-Houndoom line. Should've made it in instead of Vulpix. Vulpix isn't even in Sinnoh. Plus I wanted to be chased and cornered by a Houndour pack.
-Girafarig. Same as Tropius. It is such a forgotten mon. Why not give it a little spotlight (Like Paras was nothing before it tried to murder us. Girafarig could've been just as murderous and gain notoriety).
-Hoothoot line. It could've been used to make nighttime a little more diverse. Drifblim and Zubat everywhere gets tiring.

Other Gen 5-8 Pokémon that could've fit.
Darumaka- Just screams Japanese inspired like a lot of Hisui. For the first game set in Poke-Japan in ages, it feels like it should've been in.
Yamask- the OG Yamask feels like it could've fit with all the ruins around.
Cryogonal- not any particular reason, but I would've liked the icelands to be more diverse.
Golurk- same as Yamask. There's a bunch of ruins around where it could've been.

Everything from the Platinum Dex that wasn't already in and all of the remaining Gen 5-7 Pokemon that weren't in Gen 8. The game seriously needed more Pokemon and those would've been perfect additions.

I'm okay with not seeing the comeback of Feebas (I'm sure they would have come up with an extremely convulted method to obtain it) and Wingull/Pellipper (extremely common in SM, SWSH and BDSP, though I admit it could have been useful for practicing catching while riding Basculegion). As for the ones that should have been:
  • Ditto: It would have worked like in Pokemon Go.
  • Spinarak/Pineco/Komala/Pumpkaboo/Ferroseed/Exeggcute: More variety of Pokemon falling from trees. Ariados appearing in Obsidian Fieldlands would have been a sweet anime reference.
  • Hoppip/Skarmory/Emolga/Altaria/Xatu: More variety in the skies.
  • Chinchou/Lanturn: Imagine them at night!
  • Baltoy/Claydoll: They are ancient and Japanese! How were they ignored?
  • Elgyem: I don't know anything about Japan's story with aliens but they could fit the space time distorsions.
  • Wimpod: Yeah, it would have been a pain to catch but it fits with the aesthethic.
  • Type: Null: It's weird that it's absent on the game where their inspiration appears, through I admit that writing an story about it can be tricky.
  • Poipole: Also in the distorsions, it's supposed to be a common Pokemon on its home world, isn't it? Same with Meltan (through both probably feel better as DLC material).

I would like all the regional variants to appear to the Pokémon in the game, although there is probably a reason for that, and it is not life or death.

Not sure how "Ancient" is Ancient, and I know it's Sinnoh not Kanto, but would've been cool for Kabutops and Omastar to be running around in the wild.

So is Porygon, which you can encounter in space-time rifts. Type: Null could have been done as a similar situation.
i'm not so sure if type: null would make much sense in that game cause, wasn't that pokemon created in limited quantities unlike the porygon evolution line? not to mention that i'm pretty sure all of them, except for one (or two?) are stored away inside the aether foundation so i highly doubt those space time rifts would end up taking whats inside a building, unless it takes the whole place with it, which will end up causing major problems with the timeline considering that the tech there is really advanced. one example is one of those convenient devices that disables pokeballs to tease you and prevent you from capturing an ultra beast that shows up there.

i'm not so sure if type: null would make much sense in that game cause, wasn't that pokemon created in limited quantities unlike the porygon evolution line? not to mention that i'm pretty sure all of them, except for one (or two?) are stored away inside the aether foundation so i highly doubt those space time rifts would end up taking whats inside a building, unless it takes the whole place with it, which will end up causing major problems with the timeline considering that the tech there is really advanced. one example is one of those convenient devices that disables pokeballs to tease you and prevent you from capturing an ultra beast that shows up there.
Handwave. Type: Null was pulled from one of trillions of alternate timelines and universes.

I reckon that the reason why Porygon is there is ‘cuz Porygon-Z was introduced in DP, and all Pokémon that are that are in LA. That’s also why the Sinnoh fossil Pokémon are in the game too.

I reckon that the reason why Porygon is there is ‘cuz Porygon-Z was introduced in DP, and all Pokémon that are that are in LA. That’s also why the Sinnoh fossil Pokémon are in the game too.
but canonically, they aren't actually in the region at that time cause machines to revive fossil pokemon weren't invented yet, and neither were computers since the porygon evolution line is connected to computers. they were just taken from the future and brought there due to the rifts.

It's true, but it doesn't really refute my point. I meant that they are an exception, in a way.
well if you say so. although it kind of baffles me as to why they added pokemon that revolves around technology in a timeline when steam power was used.

well if you say so. although it kind of baffles me as to why they added pokemon that revolves around technology in a timeline when steam power was used.
Rotom doesn't make much sense in the game either since its forms are machines that don't exist, and they don't have Motors yet. One could argue that it's a natural creature which inhabits technological devices so the base form still makes sense for the time period, but the forms at minimum don't make any sense at all in this game.

The thing is, the characters don’t appear to understand what the stuff is, so it’s implied that they came here through space-time distortions or sumfin’ like that.
Maybe, but that raises a lot more questions than it answers. The idea of such machines falling through the space / time rift or being left behind by distortions opens up a giant can of worms after all. From a 'lore continuity' standpoint I maintain it'd be a lot cleaner and better if Rotom wasn't there at all, or just couldn't change forms in game.

you know honestly this was a missed opportunity to add in a hisuian form of rotom that would make sense to even exist in that timeline. why not like...instead of it being made of electricity, it would be made of steam and it would be a fire/ghost type? cause well steam is pretty hot so the typing makes sense. and heck, maybe even have forms that resemble steam powered objects in the past. but no...they just had to throw in the electric powered appliances that would realistically potentially ruin the timeline and history. and what if someone manages to reverse engineer the appliances? they are going to have electricity way too early than they should.

Back
Top Bottom