• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

And for my other mods: Do you write/have you written fanfiction?
if the Bulbagarden Mafia Universe counts, then yes, yes I do.

I actually have a lot of story lines and plot points for that which never made it into mafia games, nor am I sure how to make them into mafia games.
Pretty sure it'd make an interesting story though...

I do, but I'm not always the best about finishing projects. You may have noticed that little link down in my signature, and how it's been literally a year since I've updated the story in question. I do plan to get started again and hopefully get it guided to a finish soon, but for some reason back then I kinda fell off at some point and kept saying "I'll totally update tomorrow" but then I don't and then it kinda just becomes awkward at a certain point.
In general I think I'm mostly just a little better at shorter, one-off stories that don't give me time to fall off, since I've done plenty of those for writing games in a discord server I'm in. I should really collect all of those and port them over here or AO3 or something. I do have longer ideas I want to write at some point though, so I'll have to figure something out if I ever wanna get those down and completed within any reasonable timeframe.

You should see the stories I've written in my head, though! Expansive, sprawling plots with such impeccable characters!
Big big MOOD. One shots are really cool, both to write and to read.

Driving is a thing I need to do to function, but I can't say I really enjoy it. It took me a very long time to learn how to do it and I was very uncomfortable with it for a while, but I'd say I'm decent enough at it now and it's not the worst thing ever.

Do you like driving?
Yes very much so! But since I have ADHD I'm only allowed to drive automatic transmission cars, which, since I live in Europe, is kind of a bummer since almost everything is manual transmission here. Meaning I can't just drive any car I want. But I've had my own automatic transmission car since a few years and I do really enjoy driving. I almost solely drive in the weekends though since I don't really need my car for work or anything else.

Do you like driving?
Honestly, no. Driving is a useful skill that allows me to travel from place to place in a relatively short period of time, but the act itself is not something I actively enjoy. It's not necessarily bad most of time time, but nothing about it really sparks joy.

I haven't written fanfiction, I'm not very good at writing. The closest thing to trying to write something creative would be when I attempted to write flavour text for some of the older mafia games I hosted but it wasn't that successful :D

Do you like driving?
Yeah, I quite like driving though I rarely drive that often.
I enjoy driving video games though, one of my favourite ways to relax is just to play them on time trial mode and drive loads of laps around tracks whilst listening to the game's soundtrack :)

Last edited:
Do you like driving?
Not in the slightest.
Everyone else on the road when I'm driving is a maniac sitting behind the wheel of a deadly weapon and is trying to kill me or get in my way.
Driving is an absolutely miserable experience unless there is pretty much no other traffic on the roads. Even then, it's more tolerable, but still not an enjoyable experience.

What's the difference between Wynaut and Whaaaaaat!?
In my case I use "Why not?" when it's something that doesn't actually sound too bad, it might even be good, hence the expression "why not?", also for things that sound unlikely but, who knows, maybe they could happen. And the "What" is for answers that surprise me, maybe even scare me a little, also when a user says something unexpected. But of course, that's just me, each user has their own way of using the reactions, each one gives them their own definition, at the end of the day you're the one who decides :LOL:.

Pfffft. I don't have a creative bone in my body. I don't even have OCs, because I can't even create a character that isn't based on me for the life of me.

Do you like driving?

I can't drive because of health issues. But waaayyy back (before those health issues came into my life) in high school I did take driver's ed. I was willing to learn driving and be a normal person but then I got told at the end that I did not do well at all on the driving portion. I got scared, so I procrastinated learning to drive. The health issues came about before I could even think about it. =/

So, no. I didn't like what little driving I did. Could be that I would have been fine at it after more experience. I don't know. All I remember is it being scary and me not being good at it.

Has ME already been ME before he was the Multimedia Editor or did he came up with that afterwards?
I was ME starting back on Pi Day 2015, when I changed my username from Random Punster to Maniacal Engineer.
I kept Maniacal Engineer as my "main" username for several years after that, though I would occasionally switch to a temporary "ME" name for Halloween or April Fool's Day.
I changed my "main" username to Magnificent Entertainer once I was given control of the Twitch and YouTube channels for Bulbagarden.
At that time, this particular project was splitting off from the existing social media project and needed a name. So I called it "Multimedia," and gave myself the rank of "Multimedia Executive" and the staff rank bar the title of "Multimedia Editor." So the project was actually named after ME, since I am the first project head. (Technically, I am still Multimedia Executive, but I don't rate getting multiple senior rank bars.)

When I was given headship of multimedia, I stepped down as a forum admin, since I didn't have time to retain my forum duties and get a fledgling project off the ground.
I returned to the username Maniacal Engineer with my return to the forums and promotion to Head Administrator.

Which of y'all is the best at Smash?
Does anyone main a Pokemon?
Any Dedede mains among the staff?
I don't even have OCs, because I can't even create a character that isn't based on me for the life of me.
Ok honestly this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've got some wolf OCs that I made up for a roleplay on another forum, and my favorite two are both heavily based on me, just in different ways.

*raises hand* I've been a Pikachu main for as long as I can remember (and by extension Pichu too). I kind of want to try Mewtwo more, but I think he's just too floaty for me.

I don't main him, but Dedede is incredibly fun to play. There's something very satisfying about whacking people around with that hammer, plus there's some joy to be had in just spamming his side-special at your friends. :wynaut:

We would need a Bulbagarden Staff Smash Tournament to get the definitive answer to this question...
But I can confidently say it's probably not me. xP

I was ME starting back on Pi Day 2015, when I changed my username from Random Punster to Maniacal Engineer.
Wait a minute… so if you’re Random Punster, and Random Punster is also Random Punster… then who’s driving this bus???
The S in Steven stands for “best at Smash”, so clearly I am the best :p
…Actually Torchic once played two online battles and won neither.
I main Jigglypuff
Sub sub main Dedede
Though tbh I haven’t played Smash Bros in a while. I really need to check out SORA in Smash because he was one of my top hopes…

I used to play Lucario a lot, but at some point I kinda fell off of it and decided that I didn't actually really like playing it all that much. These days I mostly tend to main Sonic, though given the short bit of fun I had with Sora when he came out, I feel like he'd actually be a really nice one to main if I actually played it more.

Not me, I'm not that good at Smash, I haven't played Smash Ultimate but have the previous games, I mostly used Pikachu or Charizard in Smash Bros Wii U.

I play a lot of smash! My mains are Peach, Lucina, and Isabelle, but I do play a lot of Pichu/Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

I have no idea who's the best on staff, I don't think we've ever had a tourney or anything :unsure:

I'm absolutely awful at Smash unfortunately. My playing style can best be described as incomprehensible button mashing. But back in the day when I played Smash with friends my main in Melee was Roy and my main in Brawl was Sonic.

I only started playing SSBU a few weeks ago and I haven't played it enough yet to have a main there. Never really played much of the Pokémon characters in Smash now that I think about it.

Back
Top Bottom