• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say, I mentioned in an earlier post in the Anime and Manga general discussion section that I wanted Ash's Dracovish to learn Dragon Rush, and it's happening, which is awesome! :D I also mentioned I wanted Dragon Rush to look more the way it did when Iris's Dragonite used it as opposed to Goh's Flygon, and boy did I get my wish, which is just.......View attachment 157677

View attachment 157678(It looks amazing!!!! :D)
It's one of my favorite animated moves in the anime. I'm glad they're bringing back the draconic projection when using the move. Unrelated, but I also loved how Mega Blastoise's Dragon Pulse had the same imagery.

I think for the Flint case, 8th was the lowest he could go and he just happened to be 7th
Now if Flint loses again in like a rank down match then maybe something different occurs
As we don’t truly know how the entry to the masters 8 works, like does Ash have to beat 8th (Flint) to get in or once he beats 9th and he gets in and someone from FB Masters 8 is kicked out automatically?

With the Ultra class where Ash entered at the lowest he could be at 99th, so if he lost against Volkner he might of either fell back down to Great or stayed the same (it’s not clear)

Now with the rankings currently
I think (I’m only guessing) after exiting Great Class there hasn’t been enough battles (with significant upsets like lower ranks beating higher ranks) to create much of a change in rankings as once Ash beat Volkner he was well established in the Ultra class (64th) since Volkner was in the 20s

So with someone like Bea, whoever lost against her wouldn't affect Ash as Bea was presumably higher than him before and after and if her opponent dropped to anything above 64th it wouldn’t change Ash’s rank

So yes the system rewards the trainers that can pull off upsets as it tries to keep certain ranks down and others high, which I know is how it works in other ranking systems like if the worst player beats the best player they would get a lot more points in comparison to beating someone closer to their rank and vice versus the higher rank player would lose (or just not gain as much a lot of points for losing to someone much lower

So I think Ash is in a position where other characters having a more neutral record (wins and losses) doesn’t affect him as he’s on a winning streak and has been making upsets happened therefore his fast climb

And with the Great and Normal classes I think there’s a reason we didn’t see his score too consistently as realistically the flux in scores would be confusing for viewers

I hope that makes sense...

Also narratively or maybe even bts of the PWC people you don't have someone like Ash who is on a big winning streak against higher and higher ranked opponents with all this momentum go against someone lower you have them go as high as they can until they hit a wall as if Ash loses he will fall (probably not by much) then you give him a chance to get back up by going against someone lower so if he wins they can try again to go higher or if they lose they keep falling
Strange, because Ash went back down to Normal class after losing to Bea, so are places only locked for Ultra rank and higher?

Strange, because Ash went back down to Normal class after losing to Bea, so are places only locked for Ultra rank and higher?
He didn't go back to Normal Class after he lost to Bea, though. After losing to her her, Ash lost two other battles in a row against unnamed trainers and that's what caused his rank to drop.

It's one of my favorite animated moves in the anime. I'm glad they're bringing back the draconic projection when using the move. Unrelated, but I also loved how Mega Blastoise's Dragon Pulse had the same imagery.
Mine too! As a big fan of dragons, I love draconic projection in Pokemon moves, and this version of Dragon Rush is one of the best. I also loved how the XY series (yet another thing I love about it, :bulbaLove: ) portrayed Dragon Claw and Dragon Claw with those new animation effects, sooooo much cooler than in DP/BW. (BW at least did Dragon Rush well, though.)

He didn't go back to Normal Class after he lost to Bea, though. After losing to her her, Ash lost two other battles in a row against unnamed trainers and that's what caused his rank to drop.
But still, it's strange he could drop down in rank then, so then at which point do the places get locked?

But still, it's strange he could drop down in rank then, so then at which point do the places get locked?
Well he was on losing streak so after be just barely got into the Great class iirc
Like he beat Korinna and got into Great class, then had two more wins then lost to Bea then lost two more battles and fell back to essentially where he was against Korinna
So if hypothetically Ash loses to Drasna then three more in a row he could fall out

As for the lock part do you mean as in when the tournament is over and Ash’s rank is locked in or do you mean that he will always be in the Ultra Class since he’s now in there?

Well he was on losing streak so after be just barely got into the Great class iirc
Like he beat Korinna and got into Great class, then had two more wins then lost to Bea then lost two more battles and fell back to essentially where he was against Korinna
So if hypothetically Ash loses to Drasna then three more in a row he could fall out

As for the lock part do you mean as in when the tournament is over and Ash’s rank is locked in or do you mean that he will always be in the Ultra Class since he’s now in there?
I mean both really.

I mean both really.
Well nothing is outright confirmed
But if I had to guess his ultra class spot isnt locked as if he loses a lot before the tournament is over he could fall down to Great

And if we assume he's in the masters 8 when time is up for the pwc then I think he’s locked in for the mastsrs 8 tournament
but if he’s 9th or something then he missed out on the chance and it would probably take something crazy like someone not able to make it and they give 9th the empty spot

I would assume so. Clemont specifically is helping Ash train for his battle with Drasna, so why wouldn't he be a part of the second episode of the two-part-special taking place in his city? In which he contributed greatly towards? I'm pretty sure he and Bonnie will join Go in the stands, cheering on Ash as they've done before.

Someone has to provide commentary on Drasna's moves and Pokémon.

I agree. And i think they will include Meyer as well.

Sycamore on the other hand, they can exclude with the excuse he is doing research in Kalos, but then have him show up in the Greninja episode.

Last edited:
Can someone PM me a link to watch the episode and the 105 preview (with no thumbnail/title spoilers). I will be watching it 3 hours after it airs and I would like to get it by 8 AM EST

New screenshots

Looks like Sirfetch'd is battling Noivern and Dracovish is battling Altaria
Actually, from what I've been hearing, it might be a double battle. Also, in the preview, right before Dracovish uses Dragon Rush in the stadium, it almost looks like Noivern's Boomburst surrounding it. (Could lend credence to the double battle theory.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom