• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The cooking thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I just made some pizza in the air fryer. Pita bread, ranch, lots of jalapenos, cheese, and popcorn chicken, all in the air fryer (at 400). And I heated it up until it was crispy.
I only ate one pizza. It was pretty good!
1623442303848.png

That looks really good!

We made spaghetti bolognaise a few days ago which we are still finishing up because there was so much, lol. Tonight I'm probably going to oven bake pork rashers and make risotto + veggies with it :3

The air fryer is so convenient and nice! It’s a good choice to learn to use ❤️ Last night I made risotto and it came out quite good, we hardly make it but it’s always really nice when we do. The meal you’re making seems pretty safe but I’m sure your family would know best! Good luck :enzap: My brother has been cooking on his own since 13 or so.

That sounds good! I'm making tamago kake gohan (sticky rice with an uncooked egg). In America it seems to be relatively safe, and I'll be probably fine (I'm young!!), so I'm trying it out right now. I'm excited!
This summer I'm going to learn on how to use the oven and stove (right now I just know how to use the air fryer)
I eat that all the time. Its quick and tasty plus Im a beginner cook and it requires very little effort.

Tonight Im making a simple dinner of miso soup,rice and some frozen gyoza. I enjoy Japanese food a lot and Id like to try making some more Japanese dishes as well as learning to make some stir fries. I laso really like Chinese food,Thai food and Korean food so Id like to learn some of those dishes too. Just simple ones to start.

I also use my Instant Pot quite a bit. So far Ive made some pretty easy one pot pasta dishes in it but want to try some other stuff too. Theres a nice beef teriyaki recipe in one of my cookbooks Id like to try.

I tried making risotto last week using some butternut squash that was about to go off. It came out a bit bland and dry, so I added some water and olive oil to moisten it and threw in this strong French cheese my dad had bought to add more flavour, plus mushrooms, spinach and onions (even though I'm not a fan).

I'm not sure if that helped it at all, but my brother liked it.

Last edited:
Hey guys need your advice on making pancakes, how to make them so they are easy and unrealistically delicious?

Funnily enough, I made pancakes for breakfast over the weekend.

It depends what kind of pancakes you're making. When I make them and I do them crepe style, I use 200g of plain flour, plus 3 eggs, 25g of butter and half a small jug of milk. Whisk it all up, heat up a frying pan, melt a small chunk of butter, then use a ladle to add some batter, then let it cook for a few minutes before flipping and voila!

If I want to do them chunky, like American ones, I replace the plain flour with self-raising flour and add a tablespoon of baking powder and caster sugar.

Last edited:
On Saturday I made some waffles using the mini waffle maker I got for Christmas! Butterscotch waffles (like in the batter)! I tried to put some cinnamon in it but it was too little sadly. Still SUPER tasty. @CuboneKing I tried to make them cinnamon, but, oh well.
That looks absolutely delicious!!! I love butterscotch a lot, I feel like it’s under-appreciated sometimes

I've been making something inspired by gigantes plaki recently that I quite like. I don't have runner beans at my grocery store though so I've been using lima beans instead. Basically, I just cook the lima beans along with some other vegetables (usually eggplant or red bell pepper) in an instant pot. Then once it's done I add some tomato paste, olive oil, and various spices (I've been doing paprika and cayenne pepper recently). It's really easy to make and I guess fairly healthy too =)

Continuing with my trend of making "big" stuff on the weekends, I made yakisoba on Saturday!!
I took some Okinawan influence and put SPAM in it because SPAM isn't that bad when panfried IMO.
Real yakisoba this time, not the "sobayaki" I did before where I cooked leftover soba with the broth.
It was super easy to make and easily one of the tastiest things I've ever done.
It's actually part of my bento for today! Pretty neat~

we love to see a successful meal with spam

I made pancakes. From scratch. And only irreparably ruined two of them (out of six attempted).
...It also turned out we had premade pancake batter powder mix so I'm not sure why I made the batter from scratch.

They turned out okay. Batter was a bit lumpier than it should've and they were very weird shaped, but aside from the occasional lump of baking powder they tasted mostly fine. I used a reciepe I found online and modified it by adding some cinnamon which I think turned out pretty good, I'll probably be adding cinnamon in future pancake making endeavors as well.
Figured I'd crosspost this over here since tako suggested it.
In the future I need to oil my pan better (a poorly oiled pan was the primary cause of the irreparably ruined pancakes) and mix better, but otherwise this went pretty well.

I'm terrible at putting in enough oil!! It's always seems like enough and it neverrrrr isssssss... but, we can't get it all perfect, and it's just an experience thing maybe. Either way nice job!!
Oiling pans is ridiculously hard, yeah, I often have eggs stuck to the pan when I make like scarmbled eggs and like I swear they should not be sticking? I'm not sure how to tell when the oil is enough...

Pretty unrelated to this morning's pancakes, but I made myself a pizza for supper.
20220328_232951.jpg
It wasn't exactly round. But it was a lot less totally misshapen than the pancakes. And I'm really happy with how it tasted. Admittedly the only part of this I made from scratch was the dough, I topped it with some deli chicken (I know too much salt not having that is like the main benefit of cooking from scratch sue me I was short on options and the stores were closed) and some leftover pork from something my mom cooked the other day, and some cheese and pizza sauce we happened to have on hand (aside from the fact that we don't have tomatoes at the moment making pizza sauce from scratch sounds severely unfun).

The crust came out thicker than I'd intended, but it ended up tasting super good, like it was really kinda fluffy kinda? Not maybe something you associate with pizza but it was really good. And fresh out of the oven which is when all baked goods taste best.

Chocolate chip muffins!
Really happy with these. I was kinda worried early on cause the batter was super thick and muffin batter is not supposed to be that thick so I didn't know what was gonna happen, but they taste really good. Only issue is they're a bit on the dry side. (Family also likes them, if my older brother trying to argue that we should each get half a tray for dessert today after having each had one earlier is any indication.)
I also managed to make a a lot more muffins than I meant to. I was aiming for 24 and by all accounts doubling a recipe that says it makes twelve should make 24 but I had a bunch of extra batter so I ended up finding a dozen muffin pan and filling it up for thirty six. Extra is probably a good thing though.

DawningWinds used a revive on the cooking thread!
20220421_224949.jpg
I made sweet-and-sour porkchops! And regular porkchops because not everyone in my family likes/was willing to try the sweet-and-sour sauce. The sauce was surprisingly simple, just throw a bunch of things in a pan and cooking them for a bit, for some reason I expected it to be harder...
I've never had Chinese food before so I wasn't sure how I was going to like these, but they tasted pretty good! I also mixed some of the extra sauce into some noodles which I liked too. Younger brother and mom who have both had Chinese on several occasions say they taste how they should as well, so I'm considering this a success even though half the family didn't touch the sauce.

I did it!! SPAM added of course. I used 5 eggs instead of 4!! And maybe a lil more rice?
Uhmmmm, it tasted good!! The texture was a little better but not the best, maybe I just used too much sesame oil this time??
I've never made fried rice but I'm guessing how much oil to use is kinda something you have to sorta guess on till you get a feel for it... Hopefully next time you use a little less and it turns out how you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom