• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

Speaking of type trends on Ash's teams, that reminds me that none of Ash's Pokemon besides Pikachu ever used an Electric attack until the Alola saga with Melmetal and Naganadel. Pikachu's monopoly of the Electric-type on Ash's teams is just that strong.
well, Pikachu is the only one of the three to get the STAB boost from Electric Type moves.

I know this is a repost of another thread, but it's cuz fits this thread just as well, lol.
On the brazillian dub, "Thunderbolt" got translated as ''Choque do Trovão", and that's because the literal translation of ''thunderbolt'' would be ''raio", but the issue is because ''raio'' is way too short, so it wouldn't fit the dub because the audio wouldn't fit the character's mouths, while ''Choque do Trovão" did.

The ultimate problem is because the literal translation for ''Thunder Shock" in portuguese is also ''Choque do Trovão".

And on the very beginning of the anime dub here in Brasil, they basically used the same term for both moves. And two things also made matters worse: the moves are visually indistinguishable from one another and Ash's Pikachu had both on his moveset for quite the while.

In the end, they decided to keep the translated "Choque do Trovão" because not only is Thunderbolt way more proeminent, as Ash's Pikachu's primary and most well-known move (as well as many other Pokémon just use Thunderbolt as opposed to Thunder Shock), but also because they couldn't find a good name replacement for the move. Also, I do think it's cuz the name just stuck and got too well-known for the brazillian kids. They had no way to go back.

So, in the end, Thunder Shock got translated as "Choque Elétrico" up until XY, when they ultimately decided on "Trovoada de Choques", which like,,, it is the closest thing to the english name but still sounds very weird to me lol.

Also, the guy who voices James in the Norwegian version (Simen Sand) also voices Mr. Krabs in the Norwegian version of SpongeBob. Trond Teigen, who voices Prof. Samson Oak, also voices SpongeBob himself.

If I remember these two (Bash and Bella) have the same Japanese voice actors as Jessie and James

Attachments

• bashandbella.jpg
    bashandbella.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 44
I just remembered (yesterday) that the Norwegian version of Sun & Moon references animals TWICE.

Alolan Open House: Ash: "Ja, hun er flink med dyr." (Yeah, she is good with animals.)

Real Life...Inquire Within: James: "Dust!" Ash: "Dust?" James: "Øh, du store alpakka, det var jammen bra!" ("Du store alpakka" is a common Norwegian expression.)

I bought Amazon Prime today to watch movies while I go to work and return. I randomly came across 16th season of Pokémon there, from the Black & White series. The funny part is, it is rated 7+. Yeah, the kids' show that we know of lol. I have... absolutely no idea why.

Tracey’s Marill is the only main character Pokémon to produce an egg, and I believe Misty is the only character to have hatched an egg produced by a previously established individual Pokémon.
When did that happen?

Togetic and Togekiss have so far had literally no major or even minor roles in the anime outside of having been under the command of Misty and Dawn respectively. In fact, the only other appearances those two have outside their position as members of said girl companions' teams are as single background cameos (the epsiode where Dawn went up against Ursula's Plusle and Minun for Togetic and the Giratina movie for Togekiss)

Back
Top Bottom