• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN103: Satoshi and Citron! Great Friendship Training!!

According to Dephender from Serebii
The Keromatsu Go got is voiced by Haruka Shamoto

I guess it'll play a pivotal role in Greninja's return episode then
Not really.

That seiyuu only voices extras and even nameless characters.

There is no reason to be for that Keromatsu, other than being another capture/checkbox.

Why would Ash need to catch another Froakie when he's already had one? Even leaving aside the fact that he has owned the species before he's not adding what looks like a level five Pokemon to his team that are all probably like level 65 or something.
Are you serious?
That was clearly sarcasm

That was clearly sarcasm
I mean, this is the internet. Sarcasm doesn't translate well online and tbh we've seen MUCH weirder stuff happen in the anime so it's not that outrageous that somebody would sincerely wish for Ash to catch an older gen's starter.

The cast of XY according to Journeys:
FPQiTYpX0AomqoJ

Yes sarcasm, just poking fun of how many times I heard x Pokémon should’ve gone to Ash whenever Goh has his catch of the day
I've seen people that are pissed because Ash didn't catch a mythical Pokemon whenever they make an appearance in the anime.

To put it in perspective how silly it is: for Ash to catch a being as powerful and rare as Deoxys would be like a little kid in our world casually turning Santa Claus into a pet.

And before you bring up Go and Suicune I'd liken that more to a kid capturing a sasquatch. If that cryptid is real it is presumably an entire species rather than a singular individual so it's somewhat less egregious.

The thing is that he didn't need to have any in this episode.
My biggest issue is, once again the staff refusing to leave him without getting anything.

Why not have Gou just watching/being in the background and, preferably, not saying anything?
Catching is really his whole thing, and this one was integrated with him meeting Bonnie.

Can anyone confirm if Citron and Eureka’s return had any moments of heartwarming at least?

Can anyone confirm if Citron and Eureka’s return had any moments of heartwarming at least?

That probably requires subs for words outside of something like this

hugs-hug.gif

Like this could be in Swahili and you could catch the heartwarming, though I don't necessarily expect it as Japan's not a really touchy-feely culture and they are the ones writing

I'll need to wait for subs to form my full opinion, but having had the time to let my first watch sink in I'd say this and 104 were good episodes. Not great and I feel like they could have done a better job (better animation, a few more XY flashbacks, etc.), but I enjoyed them overall.

Oh sure, writers, sure.

Give an old gen starter to a boy that will probably be gone by November when Gen 9 starts.

FFS what was even the point? The anime only has like 30 episodes left at most, right?
Yup

So instead of any discussion about the episode we have 2 pages of people complaining about Go capturing a Froakie that was only 2 minutes out of the episode. Never change, fandom.

Bonnie and Clemont were fun to have back in this episode, and seeing Clemont up with the invention monitoring Sirfetch"d power was nice. Bonnie and Dracovish were adorable. Diggersby didn't do much but nice for people who want a team change.

Everything with Ash and Clemont was just great! I just loved every second of it! It made me feel like we were back in the good days of XY. I just love Ash and Clemont's friendship. There was no need for another pointless capture for Goh though. And wow what's up with the treatment of Serena? But wow, this was a great way to set up Ash's battle with Drasna. Loved it!

Goh got the Frankie and was specifically seen showing it to Ash, so Ash can remember Greninja or something - the Froakie itself will do as much as any other Goh capture. Don’t worry about it…

Quite enjoyed this episode - we could have gotten more from Clemont and Bonnie but maybe later.

I also appreciate the build up Drasna got - both at the start and her little scene with Wikstrom. She was built up better than Marnie (although the battle wasn’t as good…)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom