• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand a bit. How can haircut and style indicate maturity?
I thought maturity manifested itself in personality.
Personality and attitude definitely have a lot to do with it, but people have been known to change their appearance in an attempt to look more mature.
I've found in my job as a nurse manager, it's not enough that I'm in charge, I need to dress the part as well in order to be taken seriously, especially because I'm naturally young-faced (I'm 34 and look 20). So over the years I've learned how to dress and style my hair certain ways that give me a sense of maturity and professionalism that isn't always immediately evident when you first see me.

I think people, especially one's inexperienced in a certain field, get a sense of comfort and security when they're being shown the ropes by someone who looks and acts confident and mature, and I think we'll see a bit of this kind of dynamic between Serena and Chloe.
I recently rewatched Serena's first Pokemon Showcase episode (where Fennekin tripped and Serena cut her hair) and I don't think we'll see that self-doubt from her that she seemed to carry throughout the XY series.

FPvw5QiaIAI087F

FPvw5QiaIAI087F
Seems that rumor also turned out to be true.

You know, with Serena’s return here to show off Sylveon and Koharu confirmed to go to Alola on the next trip, I’m wondering if, had it not been for her voice actress’ illness, if May would have been used to show off Glaceon especially since Koharu is meeting all the other main females who had owned an Eevee in the past.

Seems that rumor also turned out to be true.

You know, with Serena’s return here to show off Sylveon and Koharu confirmed to go to Alola on the next trip, I’m wondering if, had it not been for her voice actress’ illness, if May would have been used to show off Glaceon especially since Koharu is meeting all the other main females who had owned an Eevee in the past.
The Glaceon episode had a very distinct plot with the ice queen schoolgirl, so I don't think they would have used May even if she had been available. The put more effort into thay particular Eevee form than most of the others

Never underestimate the internet's ability to try and deny things
When scans of Ash with the Alola League trophy were released we had people saying he was just holding Gladion's trophy for him.

Seriously. I saw exactly that.
Edit: To clarify I didn't see it here, but elsewhere.

Last edited:
I frankly think that's her best hairstyle. The short bob she had in XY/XYZ wasn't bad, but I like how this one is more "shaped" and is just slighty longer. Looks more "polished" too. I know she cut it herself amidst a mental breakdown (and without a mirror) back in XY, but it just felt too wonky of a cut for my liking. Glad she got it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom