• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magazine says that Chloe's outfit was previously worn by the "Princess of Hoenn" (May).
For a moment I read 'the late Princess'......

And I was going to rant about the writers killing her off due to not wanting to recast.

I am still agitated, need some time to cool off.....

Good that Serena is not meeting Satoshi, don't want to deal with the crazy fans.

This is a tragedy.
Who saw it to give a 10-year-old girl boobs?
The creators probably drank too much.
I think it's more concerning that people are making a big deal about a ten year old girl's breast size in the first place. It would be a different story if they were using the female characters for fanservice, but just reacting to having larger breast size than people would associate for ten year old girls seems a bit much to me. Fans made a bigger deal about May's breast sizes too, so this isn't the first time this has happened, but it still makes me really confused.

Ten year old girls having more noticeable breast size isn't that unusual. I was ten when my body started to change. It's obviously different for other people, but I don't think that ten year old girls having noticeable breast sizes is so uncommon either.

The magazine says that Chloe's outfit was previously worn by the "Princess of Hoenn" (May).

So that's something.
That's a pretty neat callback to May. I'm still hoping that she'll be able to return even with the health issues for her voice actress in mind, but at least she'll get a noticeable nod.

For a moment I read 'the late Princess'......

And I was going to rant about the writers killing her off due to not wanting to recast.

I am still agitated, need some time to cool off.....
I really doubt that they'd be willing to kill off any character to avoid a recast, let alone a former traveling companion. That would just be way too dark and depressing, especially for a ten year old character. If they really don't want to recast May, then they'd probably just either not have her appear or give her a silent cameo. Both of those would be much more reasonable than killing off May.

Good that Serena is not meeting Satoshi, don't want to deal with the crazy fans.
There's a pretty good chance that she'll still interact with Ash in this episode, or at least eventually interact with him in the series. Besides that, given the reactions to the leaks and how people are upset that Serena isn't wearing the blue ribbon, her fans and/or the fans of the pairing are still probably going to be quite vocal with this episode.

Wow. So the rumors and speculation ended up true in the end. A Serena return really is happening, seemingly in this very episode, no less. Just a week ago, I considered that to be wishful thinking at best. But I'm happy to have been proven wrong. I just wish that magazine leak didn't spoil the intended surprise.
Personally, I'm kind of glad that the magazine leak happened. Not finding out that Serena was going to show up until the episode actually aired would have definitely created a lot of buzz, but I think it would have made more sense to promote this episode from the start as Serena's return in the first place. Beating around the bush with the episode title made people speculate about the possibility of Serena's return, which I'm sure was the intent, but I think it would have been better to just make it clear from the start. Plus, I'm just happy that they aren't ignoring her and people can stop treating as if the kiss means that she can't come back.

So that's something.
This was amongst the rumors I heard, too. Would be nice if we saw May in a flashback or fantasy.

I think that would leave Max as the only former traveling companion who has not appeared in Journeys in any capacity.

Serena will probably appear more than once since I doubt they'll only give her half an episode when everyone appears at least twice.

Oh this episode...it is either going to be loved or it is going to be hated.

No pressure Japan....it probably won't go as chaotic as Ash v Alain at the league at least and TV tropes won't have to lock anything. For months.
It'd be a heck of a coincidence if XY related stuff got Tvtropes pages locked down twice, though.

But I don't think the precise set of circumstances that led to that are likely to repeat; Kalos blew up partly because XY's great online rep and league hype drew in fans who had abandoned the series to return to see Ash win a league.

I really doubt that they'd be willing to kill off any character to avoid a recast, let alone a former traveling companion. That would just be way too dark and depressing, especially for a ten year old character. If they really don't want to recast May, then they'd probably just either not have her appear or give her a silent cameo. Both of those would be much more reasonable than killing off May.

- I agree with every word, especially since the character is inspired by a gaming counterpart. If it was some exclusive anime character I think that they would have some creative freedom, being a game character, I don't believe.

- People are always so glooming when the topic is about a reappearance of May, that I even get sad. Cheer up guys, although the situation is not favorable, there is always hope. And, well, maybe we can do something about it, put some pressure on social media (I say that, but, actually, I don't even have a social media account. :ROFLMAO:)

So that's something.

- After this statement, an explanation, or an enlightening appearance by May, is mandatory. I cannot die with such a partial declaration. :mad:

Last edited:
I think now knowing that Serena is indeed confirmed to appear, its gonna have a strong reaction, depending on how her interactions with Ash are. If she hardly interacts with him, there's gonna be a lot of disappointment, but if she does have some kind of substantial interaction with him, the Amourshipping fans are gonna go wild. At the same time, there will be a strong reaction from those that hate Amourshipping. Just seeing her again makes me happy. Back to back episodes featuring the return of my favorite crew.

I don't get the impression Serena is going to meet Ash. If anything she'll mention him to Chloe without mentioning his name and Chloe won't pick up that it's Ash.

I've seen a person saying that the reason why Serena doesn't have her ribbon anymore is because she found someone else.
Yeahhhhh.......not a chance.
Again, can’t the fujos just do something else for like 5 minutes? I swear they’ve just become crazy over the course of Journeys.
Those people are legit insane.
FPvw5QiaIAI087F
I had a feeling Braxien would evolve and Pancham wouldn't! :D Man, first Bunnelby and now Braixen. Not to mention Iris's Axew. And Dawn's Quilava and Buneary couldn't evolve why?
PANCHAM!!!!!!! HES BACK
And Serena’s boobs are huge
Ummmm.......they're certainly more......noticeable than they were before, I guess? If I may also afford a little sarcasm, she did say when Ash saw her again she'd be a "more charming woman." Looks like she wasn't kidding about that, both personality-wise and also.......physically?
@CharizardFan7 how do you feel about Serena being back and potential Amourshipping moments?
Well, now that I know the magazine leak was indeed real (I don't think I was entirely convinced when it first dropped) I'm......ECSTATIC!!!! :D:love::giggle: She's baaack!!! OK, but in all honesty, though, I'm feeling a little......bittersweet about all this. On the one hand, it's Serena, our Kalos Queen, Ash's girl, she has returned to us!! That part I'm happy about. Buuut......this is still Journeys, so I'm a little.....nervous about how all this will be handled. This series doesn't have the greatest track record for writing, though the episodes just before this did give me hope. (As you've said yourself many times, the animation this series isn't the best either. Although Serena doesn't look bad here herself, not at all.) Speaking of which, Serena did in fact show up right after Bonnie and Clemont's episodes, just like people suspected. Aaaand the Sylveon did end up being hers, hah! As for Amourshipping moments, while I want to see them almost more than anything, I think people are right when they suspect it probably won't happen this episode. Even if it did, it would probably be rushed and looked over because of everything else going on in this episode. I very much doubt this will be a one-off appearance for Serena, though. With any luck, we'll see more Amourshipping moments in her subsequent appearances.
Right or wrong, this isn't exactly novelty to the Pokémon anime.

But, depending on the repercussion, as before, they may come to defile such boobs. lol

May certainly had, uhhhhh, something going on with those boobs of hers early on. (She's kinda infamous for it, I think.) Certainly more than Misty, LOL. (Do.....any 10 year old girls even look like that? Like even close to that? Because if not, there's no way May was 10 years old, I refuse to believe it.) If nothing else, she definitely looked older because of it. I mean just look at this, my god.
1649371927030.png
I don't think most 10 year old girls have boobs like that. (Might have played into my crush on her back in the day, though. That and I loved how Veronica Taylor voiced her.) Then as we got into late AG and Battle Frontier, she just kinda......deflated. She still looked older than 10, though.

Serena's looking a bit older than 10 herself now too if you ask me. (She and May kinda always did, LOL.)
May will appear in a flashback. It was in the leaks.
May physically reappearing is next then, I hope...........

Last edited:
Guys I just realized something!

With Serena's Braxien now fuy evolved into a Delphox we now have 3 GENS IN A ROW where the Fire and Water Starters are fully evolved while the Grass Starter remains in their Base Stage

Gen 6

- Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja

- Fenniken -> Braxien -> Delphox

- Chespin

Gen 7

- Litten -> Torracat -> Incineroar

- Popplio -> Brionne -> Primarina

- Rowlet

Gen 8

- Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace

- Sobble -> Drizzile -> Inteleon

- Grookey

Lmao I was gonna give them the benefit of the doubt but nope they really do just fucking hate Grass Starters

Lmao R.I.P Sprigatito

With Serena's Braxien now fuy evolved into a Delphox we now have 3 GENS IN A ROW where the Fire and Water Starters are fully evolved while the Grass Starter remains in their Base Stage

Gen 6

- Chespin

Gen 7

- Rowlet

Gen 8

- Grookey

Lmao I was gonna give them the benefit of the doubt but nope they really do just fucking hate Grass Starters

Lmao R.I.P Sprigatito
Rowlet's case was truly unforgivable considering how awesome Decidueye is.

Rowlet's case was truly unforgivable considering how awesome Decidueye is.
Yeah, Rowlet is one that REALLY disappointed me. Decidueye is an awesome Pokemon, and I was really hoping to see Ash with one, until that ridiculous Everstone for Seed Bomb thing happened.

Gen 6

- Chespin

Gen 7

- Rowlet

Gen 8

- Grookey

Lmao R.I.P Sprigatito
The irony being that in Rowle’s case, it’s for the opposite reason as Grookey and Chespin.

Yeah, Rowlet is one that REALLY disappointed me. Decidueye is an awesome Pokemon, and I was really hoping to see Ash with one, until that ridiculous Everstone for Seed Bomb thing happened.
Agreed. I hated how they trashed Decidueye in SM made even worse with the Everestone. What’s worse than that is that Decidueye is popular, just not as Rowle.

#JusticeForDecidueye

May certainly had, uhhhhh, something going on with those boobs of hers early on. (She's kinda infamous for it, I think.) Certainly more than Misty, LOL. (Do.....any 10 year old girls even look like that? Like even close to that? Because if not, there's no way May was 10 years old, I refuse to believe it.) If nothing else, she definitely looked older because of it. I mean just look at this, my god. View attachment 158200 I don't think most 10 year old girls have boobs like that. (Might have played into my crush on her back in the day, though. That and I loved how Veronica Taylor voiced her.) Then as we got into late AG and Battle Frontier, she just kinda......deflated. She still looked older than 10, though.

Serena's looking a bit older than 10 herself now too if you ask me. (She and May kinda always did, LOL.)

May physically reappearing is next then, I hope...........
I think the reason why May and Serena look older than 10 is because their game counterparts were designed to be older than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom