• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gaint pokemon? Why?

flora-chan

Mew?
Reaction score
Hello I wanted to discuss the anime that seems to have died to death about and there's still no explanation towards it.

Why is there huge pokemon in the anime? If people possibly can't even renember them a good example is Bill
"Mystery at the lighthouse episode 13" with dragonite. There's many others like Bruno's Onix episode 73 and there's a crystal Onix how's that possible? Having a ice style that a rock.

No to mention there's ancient pokemon that was huge like Gengar, jigglypuff and Karbala with black markings on them. Using a spoon and a item as a key that like a pokeball of some sort.

There's many others but seem to have died to death and have never fully explained how they become huge. Is it to do with the age of the pokemon? The longer it lives the stronger it gets and becomes this monster ancient?

If anyone got any evidence or episode I have missed i would like to see links

Besides these episodes, the only ones I remember are EP017 - Island of the Giant Pokémon, EP019 - Tentacool & Tentacruel and EP102 - Monster in the Sewers!?.

You won't find explanations for the existence of giant Pokémon outside of those provided by the episode itself. All episodes mentioned are part of the Original Series or the filler saga Orange Islands. In other words, they belong to a time when anime was nonsense, in which it was possible to expect anything and still be surprised.

However, in the most recent games it is possible to capture Pokémon of the same species with different sizes and weights and, in Legends, there are Giant Pokémon (Alphas), not to mention the gigantamax phenomenon. Perhaps you can think of a similar explanation for anime cases.

Last edited:
There was also a great episode of AG about a giant Claydol.
There's actually 50 in total of gaint pokemon here's a video on them

They might be something similar to the Alpha pokemon from Arceus; if I remember correctly, most of the extra large Pokemon in the anime were also portrayed as stronger specimens, similar to Alphas, so the connection wouldn't be that unrealistic.

They might be something similar to the Alpha pokemon from Arceus; if I remember correctly, most of the extra large Pokemon in the anime were also portrayed as stronger specimens, similar to Alphas, so the connection wouldn't be that unrealistic.
Ahhh... Alpha Pokémon sounds promising towards the answers I am looking for and by the way I haven't play this game yet as I've just recently got a switch lite. Thank you for this will research more in to it, I have been wondering for absolutely years.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom