• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN108: Lucario and Gekkouga! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greninja is getting pawned worse then the Soviet Union controlled the Eastern Bloc.
If this is Greninja’s only appearance this series, then I’m saying that overall it has gotten worse treatment THAN ASHS TORTERRA.

Greninja is getting pawned worse then the Soviet Union controlled the Eastern Bloc.
If this is Greninja’s only appearance this series, then I’m saying that overall it has gotten worse treatment THAN ASHS TORTERRA.
Well… Torterra hasn’t made an appearance outside it’s series on Ash’s team and it’s treatment during DP was not quite as good as what Greninja got in XYZ…

When Iris and Clemont returned - it was all in the service of Ash’s story and development, Dawn and Serena were used to develop Chloe; so seeing Grenija’s return be tied to a current cast member’s development seems normal to me.

Well… Torterra hasn’t made an appearance outside it’s series on Ash’s team and it’s treatment during DP was not quite as good as what Greninja got in XYZ…

When Iris and Clemont returned - it was all in the service of Ash’s story and development, Dawn and Serena were used to develop Chloe; so seeing Grenija’s return be tied to a current cast member’s development seems normal to me.
Greninja returning only to train Lucario when it’s arc is unfinished is worse than it not returning at all. Greninja needs at least one battle. Greninja’s arc sucked imo. Also Greninja was treated bad because it lost the league and got released.

Greninja returning only to train Lucario when it’s arc is unfinished is worse than it not returning at all. Greninja needs at least one battle. Greninja’s arc sucked imo. Also Greninja was treated bad because it lost the league and got released.
Both of those things were definitely controversial, especially the release, but even though Greninja ultimately lost at the League, it still performed really well. And it also played a notable role in the subsequent crisis.

I'm betting on either DT being replaced or Reversal gets the boot for another phsycal contact move.
I hope that the move that gets replaced is Double Team. We've already seen that move used plenty of times by multiple Pokemon in the past whereas Ash's Lucario is the only Pokemon to have ever used Reversal. Plus, like I've said a dozen times in separate occasions already, Reversal fits Lucario's fighting style and personality to a tee, so it'd be a huge shame to see it go.

I hope that the move that gets replaced is Double Team. We've already seen that move used plenty of times by multiple Pokemon in the past whereas Ash's Lucario is the only Pokemon to have ever used Reversal. Plus, like I've said a dozen times in separate occasions already, Reversal fits Lucario's fighting style and personality to a tee, so it'd be a huge shame to see it go.
Pretty much the main reason on why I've grown to like Reveral on Lucario is because it's one of those extremely rare case of a Pokémon's moves having synergy withing themselves: Reversal gets stronger the less HP Lucario has, and Steel Beam is a powerful move, but it sacrifices half of his HP. So besides the thematic ressonances, there's also a good strategy to be used here because of the synergy it has with Steel Beam.

Pretty much the main reason on why I've grown to like Reveral on Lucario is because it's one of those extremely rare case of a Pokémon's moves having synergy withing themselves: Reversal gets stronger the less HP Lucario has, and Steel Beam is a powerful move, but it sacrifices half of his HP. So besides the thematic ressonances, there's also a good strategy to be used here because of the synergy it has with Steel Beam.
And Aura Sphereless Lucario are basically rarer than mega stones at this point (heck the one Lucario we saw for more than a minute, Kukui's, only showed three moves, so it probably knows it but didn't use it). So Double Team is swapped for.....who knows.

Take your pick! Though my own personal guess is it would be a new physical move to let Lucario fight hand to hand without Reversal.

• Extreme Speed as a move used by Zygarde to tie in with Greninja
  • Thunder Punch to give Lucario a means of battling Charizards (or Greninjas)
  • Ice Punch if they want to focus on the actual dragons
  • Dig as a means of combating Max Moves
  • Meteor Mash or Metal Claw for a non-draining steel attack
  • Bone Rush to call back to Korrina
  • Close Combat for lot of punchin'
  • Drain Punch to let Lucario manipulate his stamina better, sort of like the way a Psychic duelist in YGO like Sayer or Romin does

It disgusts me that Greninja is going to be a pawn for Lucario. It’s like their trying to fix the mistakes with Greninja without fixing Greninja and instead working on Lucario. They’re making me hate Ash’s Lucario...

If Gekkouga is the one coaching Lucario....

Then it would learn Mizu Shuriken or Cut.

Don't worry this is the anime, with its own set of rules.

Since the title has the connection between Lucario and Greninja being "waves" I could see Dark Pulse being the move Lucario learns given it's the one 'pulse' move they share.

Runners-up are Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast.

Oh, I missed that Lucario also gets Water Pulse. But Greninja forgot that one. Still might make the most sense...

Last edited:
FQzSvjlXMAY7Qoc

Really goes to show that the cloths make the man. Put Journeys Ash into the XY outfit and he looks more mature than he does in the current series even when using the same art style. Maybe it’s the shorts.
I think it's both the shorts that make him look boy-ish (and before anyone comes for me, I KNOW) and the face that does looks noticiably cartoonier, even if it's not by much.
Just goes to show that he was made for long pants and gloves and shouldn't have lost them.
I still think pants>>>>>>shorts. Gloves could go either way imo but I still think he looks better with them. Besides, I still think the gloves are too iconic to have ever been ditched, but oh well.

I think the shorts-no-gloves-tee worked in Alola given the context of the region being very warm. But other than that... I mean, it's funny that Ash rarely goes to warm climates in JN yet they refuse to give him his jacket, gloves and pants back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom