• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN106: A New Show! Rocket-dan's Covert Kingdom Radio!!

Brocko... :p

They had a rough start, but this episode once again shows TRio is succesful in a lot of fields if they try.

Did Sakuragi just had explained what a radio is to target audience? Ultimate boomer experience. Also, Takeshi and Narrator appeared.
Screenshot_20220415-132004_1.jpg

Narrator is a big thought balloon.

I imagine a lot of people who are "OMG this episode sucked it was SOOOOOOOOOO BORING" are ones who can't understand Japanese so most of this episode will have just been Team Rocket speaking into microphones. I'm pretty sure we'll get a lot more out of this episode once the subs are out.

Also, congrats to the anime producers for keeping Takeshi's cameo a secret. If the Arceus specials don't get dubbed (which I'm pretty sure they won't be) this will likely be the only time western audiences will get to see Brock this series.

If the Arceus specials don't get dubbed (which I'm pretty sure they won't be) this will likely be the only time western audiences will get to see Brock this series.
Personally, I think there is a high chance they will get dubbed, maybe as part of Season 25 (although the fact they're a bit shorter than regular episodes could complicate things).

About the Team Rocket trio, after JN095 and this episode, I get the feeling that they've become very disconnected from the main plot. They had "stand-alone" episodes in other series too, but since recently they only got these kind of episodes with minimal interactions with Ash and Pikachu (which would be the main thing they're supposed to do), it stands out a lot more.

Apparently, Allister appeared in this episode. What was he doing here?

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Apparently, Allister appeared in this episode. What was he doing here?
I guess they think of him when thinking about the characters who stay up late at nigh.
He was listening to Team Rocket's radio show with his Cursola. The first anime appearance of this species, by the way.

My only takeaway from this episode without subtitles is that Cursola is a lot smaller than I thought it was but on second thought of course its that small because the coral part of its body wouldn't just grow on evolution.

I suspect this episode has a different reputation once we get subs.

The first anime appearance of this species, by the way.

One of my major problems with Journeys is how the show is giving a ton of interesting new Pokemon like Sunnigoon, Kajicchu and Strinder nothing more than brief cameos like this. A quick appearance, and they're gone. I'd love to know what the producers seemingly have against the Galar Pokedex.

An alright episode for Team Rocket change their own day operation into Radio show just to win over the people with their own Propaganda. Only thing that is interesting is Brock, Jenny and Nurse Joy making appearance. When Ash and Goh wake up could be the Nightmare of Professor Cerise laboratory about to become subordinates of Team Rocket. We might never know.

Overall rating: C+

I think Brock is nostalgic for Team Rocket. It's pretty funny when you stop to realize, that outside those few SM episodes, Brock hasn't seen Team Rocket at all since the end of DP regularly. He saw them in 3 SM episodes but that was it since DP

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom