• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN107: Help, Big Brother Wanpachi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell this episode is gonna suck. First off, I never cared for episodes with Goh's captures they expect us to believe he has a super deep bond with. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that Yamper has been their Bulbasaur this whole time. It really feels like "Oh damn, we forgot about Yamper! Quick! We gotta do something for Yamper!"

I can tell this episode is gonna suck. First off, I never cared for episodes with Goh's captures they expect us to believe he has a super deep bond with. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that Yamper has been their Bulbasaur this whole time. It really feels like "Oh damn, we forgot about Yamper! Quick! We gotta do something for Yamper!"
I mean, they could have given him something to do in the Eeveelution episodes, even if it was something as minor as him giving his opinion on what Eevee should evolve into. Yamper was the reason Chloe and Eevee met and Eevee clearly admires and looks up to him, so it's such a huge waste that his bond with the girls has seemingly been discarded.

I mean, they could have given him something to do in the Eeveelution episodes, even if it was something as minor as him giving his opinion on what Eevee should evolve into. Yamper was the reason Chloe and Eevee met and Eevee clearly admires and looks up to him, so it's such a huge waste that his bond with the girls has seemingly been discarded.
I agree. Ever since she caught that Eevee, they truly have forgotten about Yamper. They could have given Yamper a role at any time but they never did. It sucks as a fan of Yamper and Boltund.

It’s especially a waste when it was Yamper who was the catalyst to Koharu’s development into realizing that she does love Pokémon. All of Koharu’s original focus episodes dealt with her bond with it only for that to be forgotten about once she got Eevee. Heck, we could have even had an episode dealing with how Yamper feels replaced, ending with Koharu reaffirming her bond with it and catching it.

I like the shot of Suicune smiling at Yamper without Yamper being surprised at all. Kind of seems to me like Yamper is seeing it as a role model.
Or in a hilarious twist, the other way around:

Suicune: My lord, what have you called me for?

Yamper: Suicune, there’s trouble afoot. Someone has polluted the water supply.

Suicune stares off into the distance as it has a wartime PTSD flashback to the poachers: Oh God, here comes the pokebal!

It seems that they couldn't resist the urge to give away the DeM.

Maybe because they wrote a so predictable synopsis and attepting to hide it was pointless.

I am going to skip this one, nothing in it is remotely appealing.
All is set to be solved in a staged and badly written way.

Edit: This is another example of Journeys misleading and wasting potential.
The title alone made people assume that it'd be about Wanpachi and Eevee.
And honestly, that plot is tons better than anything regarding Gou's Collection of Living Props.

It’s especially a waste when it was Yamper who was the catalyst to Koharu’s development into realizing that she does love Pokémon. All of Koharu’s original focus episodes dealt with her bond with it only for that to be forgotten about once she got Eevee. Heck, we could have even had an episode dealing with how Yamper feels replaced, ending with Koharu reaffirming her bond with it and catching it.

Don't be silly, we already had JN029, where Yamper got jealous of the Pidove that Koharu was taking care of. Surely JN would never recycle episode premises like that!

looks at JN030, which had Pikachu getting jealous of Riolu
looks at JN026 and JN097, both of which featured Slowking and rapping

...oh

Yeah, agree that this is a lame retcon. They want us to forget about the other Cerise Park episodes apparently, which were very detailed on how it works. It's okay if they want to combine two concepts because of time/budget but they have to do it with more care.

I'm also worried about Suicune. It either gave up on protecting those lakes and has been living in the park all this time or has a super sense that tells it when the park is in danger...

Worst episode is JN097. Let’s take an earlier half episode, make it a full episode, and make an absolute nothing plot. There’s no way any episode in Journeys will be worse than that one. Although, I’m not a fan of JN030 either for Pikachu acting extremely out of character.
Hopefully we see yamper after this but imo the worst was the Inteleon evolution episode

How does one really care about an episode about a bunch of Pokemon that did nothing and at this point are going to do nothing.

And a waste of Suicune by the way, I expected thay they did some kind of arc with him and the other beasts and maybe Ho-oH, but no just cleaning the park.

Why it was caught again? Appart from beeing a passport to enter Project Mew off course.

How does one really care about an episode about a bunch of Pokemon that did nothing and at this point are going to do nothing.

And a waste of Suicune by the way, I expected thay they did some kind of arc with him and the other beasts and maybe Ho-oH, but no just cleaning the park.

Why it was caught again? Appart from beeing a passport to enter Project Mew off course.
Go shilling from the writer in some unearned attempt at making him Ash’s equal. It’s pretty much been their pastime in Journeys.

Think back to all the times Suicune was portrayed as this majestic, ellusive beast that couldn’t be tamed.

Now it’s Goh’s janitor.

And to add insult to injury, it was given the option to be free and it chose such a purgatory.

Well in life you don't always make the right choices.

It's roaming the world but still somebody can give him a beatdown an put in a cage and his trainer would not realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom