• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN109: VS Kibana! Battle for Masters Eight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....are the rumors going to be true? I mean...do we have time for that specific sort of arc?

There were episode title rumors, one of them being that Raihan would be Ash's final Ultra Class opponent.
There were also synopsis in this rumors. These accidentally revealed the outcome of the battle in Episode 109.

Since Lucario just got a power-up in the previous episode, I'm guessing that it'll be the star of the battle in this episode.

Hmm, based off this I figure one of two things will happen:
*Ash loses to Raihan here, gets into the Master 8 later by beating Paul, and Raihan is his first M8 opponent, followed by Cynthia and Leon.
*Ash wins now, Paul is a non-PWC match. His Master 8 opponents are Raihan, Cynthia, and Leon.
If Ash is battling Raihan in the Ultra Class, I don't necessarily see the latter returning for the Master Class.

Yes, finally the time has come to settle this rivalry that has been so expertly set up through the 82 episodes since Raihan’s debut!

Wait…
Well they never set up a rivalry, Raihan just took notice of Ash since he wanted to battle Leon. Interesting thing is Raihan is said to be near champion level in the games

I think Raihan is still masters 8, just presumably well, the 8th one so the one people in 9th place battle to get into the masters 8. I feel like the Battle for masters eight thing is just referring to Ash and not both of them.

I think there's a chance Raihan will remain in the Masters 8 even if Ash beats him here, but lose to Leon again in the first round of the tournament

If Flint dropped from 7 to 8 after losing to Leon, the same should be true of Raihan and Leon's battle way back then. I still expect Flint to be the guy who gets booted from the Masters 8

Just one episode? Geez, that sucks. All of the Master 8 fights should be at least two-parters imo.

Remembering disappointed face of Ash in the trailer I assume he has to lose at least once before his battle against Leon. So, it will either be against Iris or Raihan.

Just one episode? Geez, that sucks. All of the Master 8 fights should be at least two-parters imo.
This isn't a "Masters 8 fight" because Ash isn't in the Masters 8 yet. He's not battling them one by one. He's just battling someone to get into the Masters 8, and then there'll be a tournament amongst the Masters 8 members, like the one Leon and Lance were the finalists in.

I'll appreciate this if they actually go back on the class restriction nonsense. It was always a bad stipulation, especially pertaining to the Masters 8.

I don't know if the leaks about the future episode are totally true, but these imply that Ash will lost this battle.

I don't know if the leaks about the future episode are totally true, but these imply that Ash will lost this battle.
They're fake, because the airdate of the Raihan episode was wrong among other things

FQzMISLVgAU5vmd

It's a fake leak, anything that came true is a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom