• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

One of the things I've come to hate is that Braviary can't fly up. Why the hell not? I think it is because if it did, it would render Sneasler obsolete. But Sneasler is so slow and annoying. Meh
Worse yet, Sneesler doesn't have a feature to just hop upwards to help shorten the climb. This is again something they should've taken inspiration from Breath of the Wild. Once you get access to Braviary, Sneesler is almost as good as useless. I say almost because there can still be uses for Sneesler, but they are cherry-picked if I have to state them.

Just realised they removed earthquake, rip that move was awesome. It felt weird relying on bulldoze and high horsepower since they’re weaker

Also they got rid of abilities, but gave Regigigas slow start. Why? In the past surely it wouldn’t apply anymore man

Just realised they removed earthquake, rip that move was awesome. It felt weird relying on bulldoze and high horsepower since they’re weaker

Also they got rid of abilities, but gave Regigigas slow start. Why? In the past surely it wouldn’t apply anymore man
they probs gave regigigas slow start because he'd be too op otherwise

they probs gave regigigas slow start because he'd be too op otherwise
meanwhile, manaphy is over here being all tanky and can take quite the beating before fainting. plus she also has a status move that boosts both her defense and offense. no seriously, she is probably the most tanky pokemon in pokemon legends arceus. she carried me through out most of the game once i found her and captured her. so yeah i highly doubt that regigigas would of been OP considering that there are some other legendary pokemon out there that has or almost has the same amount of attack as regigigas without that temporary nerf.

Last edited:
Furthermore you only obtain Regi during the post-game in a Single Player game, so what would it matter if it Was OP? Shouldn't it be, as a Legendary, Post-Game Only Pokemon? It's like they were balancing it for competitive Pokemon battles, but then those just didn't make it into the game.

• Spritomb is too hard to get, because the wisps are so hard to find, and the guides arent that good.
  • Some pokemon, like porygon, are almost impossible to find yet you find so many upgrades

^The above is really quite good. It's the only reason I was able to get it done. My biggest issue was knowing which ones I had and had not already gotten, so I had to check them all anyway. It would've been easier if I hadn't gathered any before following that guide, but that's not the guide's fault, and it was good enough I got it done regardless.

Porygon is not too hard to find in my experience, the bigger problem for me is Shieldon, since it shares its spawn zone with both Cranidos AND the Rowlet line (if you're in the postgame), and thanks to the research tasks it has, unless you're lucky enough to get a heavy one first shot you need At Least 2 to be able to complete the research tasks for it. Getting too many upgrades? You can always sell them, it's free money.

Not trying to dismiss your frustrations just trying to help :)

Finding all of the wisps is kind of a pain in the ass, and I'm not too fond of having to report to Laventon every time you want to leave an area, but other than that, not too many problems otherwise I don't think.
Yeah, I don't like having to report to him when I'm just trying to perfect a Pokedex entry.

Yeah, I don't like having to report to him when I'm just trying to perfect a Pokedex entry.
I mean, as someone who loves facts and information, filling out the Pokedex isn't a problem for me. But having to report to the good Professor every single time, even when it's just really minor stuff, gets sorta tedious.

I mean, as someone who loves facts and information, filling out the Pokedex isn't a problem for me. But having to report to the good Professor every single time, even when it's just really minor stuff, gets sorta tedious.
and not to mention that if you want to go to another area, you HAVE to talk to him every single time which you are then taken to the village, and you then have to talk to the guard and pick a location you want to go to. its kind of annoying and wastes your time. why not just have it so we can fast travel to a different location on a map instead of doing what i mentioned above? i understand you have to like let the guard know where your going so you can get rescued, but they could of just mentioned that along the lines of "you went back to the village to let the guard know where your headed next" with the use of those overused black screens which weirdly enough, would be a legit reason to use the black screens here instead of using them to hide something they can't animate in 2022.

I won’t claim to be a game designer or understand anything that goes into the process, but come on, there HAS to be a better way to let us know we’re heading out of bounds in an area than turning the entire screen milky gray and making it ten times more difficult to steer AWAY from the spot. Whenever I’m gliding around on Braviary trying to find satchels or dropped pins, I somehow make it to the margin every once in a while and get completely disoriented, and the effect doesn’t immediately dissipate when I turn around, so I just have to fumble back to the mainland…I guess this is more a complaint about my own motor skills with a Switch controller, but still.

GameFreak probably did this in the past but that Pikachu has more of a modern Gen I-V battle cry with other sounds instead of the Ikue Otani lines. I’m okay with Eevee sorta because it didn’t get its Yuki lines until LGPE but Pikachu is different.

Was reading through this thread and echo a lot of sentiments. I'm really glad I'm not alone on not really enjoying the new battle system and the weird way stats are managed. The battles feel a bit more fast and a lot less about strategy and more who can get the first hit...and then it becomes a pattern of revenge kill after revenge kill. Echoing I also dislike the lack of abilities. held items etc etc, just the fact battles are bare bones entirely... but this may be because I'm all about strategizing.

Also echoing the sentiment about lack of voice acting, I think it's very strange we don't have it in this new era of Pokemon, but I'm going to assume it's GF's aversity to gathering resources beyond their company again. Either way, I think it would have added a lot of immersion.

I also think there is some QOL changes that could be implemented, such as being able to go from one area to another rather than go to the village and then swap areas. I'd also like some sort of auto-sorts for the pastures because holy hell it might just be a me thing, but reading the boxes in PLA is harder for me than the little tiny silhouettes in the older games. I can never find what I'm looking for in the mass of what I've caught and I've organized my boxes manually countless times.

The graphics are lackluster, but I can kind of forgive that, because PLA feels more like a 'proof of concept' for GF than anything, like a test for themselves to make more like it in the future. It's a step in the right direction but I'd really like to see them fill the holes in the future.

Despite the mechanical issues, such as the outline in the caves also... my biggest gripes lie with the storyline, a gripe that I've been able to ignore because I do find the gameplay really enjoyable despite the flaws. Take my opinions with a grain of salt though, I tend to think too much about these things.

I don't think the characters have very much depth beyond aiding the player in their objectives. We do see insights into their personalities and mannerisms, but it feels so surface level that we don't really feel connected to any of them, they're just there to help fill objectives. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Miss Fortune Sisters had great subplot potential that was simply... never explored. And though I'm biased here, the same can be said for Ingo, the only other person that was spirited away to Hisui like us that simply... is just kind of there now. It also feels kind of odd that our player character does not seem at all concerned with the fact they can't go home?

plot spoiler opinions under the cut!
As much as I love Volo, I don't think his motives were very well written. The most we understand of his reasoning behind pursuing Arceus and wanting to 'restart the world' is due to both his thirst for understanding...and briefly mentioning how he hates when life throws curve balls of misfortune at us. I feel this would have been better supplemented if he had some tragic backstory why he felt that way, even if it was a subtle one. Honestly, him being the villain didn't even come as a large surprise to me either, Beni telling me he hated me and revealing he was a ninja surprised me more LOL.

Sabi also seemed like a very interesting character that had so little time to... BE a character.

I also think the 'exiled from the village arc' was both not handled drastic enough, and kind of silly. The sky was already distorted, I'm not really sure what they expected to gain from removing us from the village when the world was already going to hell when we hadn't been suspicious at all up to that point.

And the exile was definitely not as an all encompassing 'oh shit' feeling as it was in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon plots, mostly because Laventon and Rei/Akari were still there cheering us on and telling us it'll be okay. I think they would have been better off isolating us completely. The stakes just didn't feel very high and it felt like a very short-lived banishment (but that also might be because I went through that part pretty fast.)

Volo summoning Giratina was super cool animation wise though, and the final Arceus battle I think was done spectacular in making me feel like I really was battling a god (the fight was horrendous to complete without my pro controller though).

All in all, I wanted to love the characters! But I wasn't given enough to love. Please excuse my wall, I had a lot to say on the matter. All I can hope is GF uses is this as a springboard to improve the games to come.

Something that became a lot more noticeable lately is that the lock on is bad. I've had several situations just today where the game turned me around 180 degrees to lock on to some random Pokémon behind me instead of the major boss I was fighting.
Big agree. It is definitely very finicky. Another thing about I've noticed is with the Feather Ball line, the lock-on tends to fail me, because those balls have to be aimed slightly higher than the others due to their distance and 'lighter' weight. The lock-on makes me end up aiming a bit too far down for those. I've also run into your issue, or that the range on it doesn't feel large enough to turn me back around. It ends up feeling a bit clumsy at times.

Speaking of finicky, I hate that trees have larger hitboxes than what their trunks say. The times I tried to throw a Poke Ball at a Pokemon without it noticing I'm behind a tree only for the Poke Ball to hit that annoying invisible part. Another thing I hate is how the model of wild Pokemon sometimes goes invisible for no reason at all. I see this so much more often with Budew.

Speaking of finicky, I hate that trees have larger hitboxes than what their trunks say. The times I tried to throw a Poke Ball at a Pokemon without it noticing I'm behind a tree only for the Poke Ball to hit that annoying invisible part. Another thing I hate is how the model of wild Pokemon sometimes goes invisible for no reason at all. I see this so much more often with Budew.
i know right?! what the heck is even up with those out of whack hitboxes on trees? and its not only the trees that have this issue, i also encountered other issues just like this on corners of walls and rubble.

-The spawn/respawn system, which has very few variations, so that, over time, navigating the maps is extremely repetitive/boring.

-The story and the lore depicted were a lot weaker than I expected, but, well, that's typical of Pokémon.

- And while that battle certainly wasn't the focus of the game, I think they could have explored and developed the battle system a little more.

- Finally, I think that, in general, there could be richer and more creative quests, because, while there are some interesting ones, most are not.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom