• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN112: A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe ash will get cocky after being in masters 8 and go to Alola to celebrate his victory. As a champion and the strongest trainer in alola someone or kukuri may challenge him and defeat him causing that iconic cap casting down.

I believe ash will get cocky after being in masters 8 and go to Alola to celebrate his victory. As a champion and the strongest trainer in alola someone or kukuri may challenge him and defeat him causing that iconic cap casting down.
Ash getting cocky is throwing a lot of character growth out the window

Betrayal fic adaption! Woo hoo!
I once asked on this forum what betrayal fanfics are even about, but when the reply included the warning "this is your last chance to turn away" (or something to that effect), I took the advice, and now I can't even remember anymore what thread the answer was left on.

I utterly hate those 'Betrayal' plots.

I am skipping and retconing this episode.

I once asked on this forum what betrayal fanfics are even about, but when the reply included the warning "this is your last chance to turn away" (or something to that effect), I took the advice, and now I can't even remember anymore what thread the answer was left on.
It was here.

Rest assured the anime will never do a "betrayal fic" plot.

I believe it's what Leon said to him in JN Episode 100 that opened him to something he never thought about before: Being at the top.

Ash has been always short-sighted with many things. Beating Leon and becoming the World Champion, that sounds like a great step to become a Pokémon Master. The natural step, the logical step.

But he never thought of the possibility that he may actually succeed. That he may actually reach the top. He's been so used to being the underdog, struggling to carve out niche amongst the hundreds of thousands of Pokémon trainers, that it took him a while to realize he actually won the Alola League... and it requires the fanboys in Alola to actually get Ash to admit to Goh that yes, he is the Alola Champion. And then he got a bit embarrassed that he's on public TV reported as the rising star from Kanto.

Which tells me that Ash really doesn't know just how good he actually is. He still thinks he's just a regular trainer striving to be the best. I bet the Battle Royal would be a wakeup call. It's like Aang being officially recognized as the Avatar. Before being revealed as the Avatar, he gets to play with his fellow Airbending friends in sports no problem. But once he's revealed to be the Avatar, nobody wants to play with him because they fear that he would give either team an unfair advantage even if Aang plays completely by the rules and holds back.

Ash? What would his world be if everyone used to battle for fun are either reluctant to battle him or simply forego the fun in favor of beating him by any means necessary? Where would be the fun if turns out he's so skilled and powerful that every trainer he faces is curb stomp battle? Does he have to be stuck with the 7 other top trainers to get any decent challenge? And is Ash ready to face the situation that Leon is in? To be at the top with no one above you to beat and forced to defend your title at your all-out best (since it's not fair for the challenger to become World Champion if Ash lets them win). And the cruel irony of this? Ash cannot back out, not now. He has to keep on going, climbing his way to Leon because his goal is "To be the very best like no one ever was." It is his nature to try and beat Leon as he represents the best of the best. And one day, he will succeed in beating Leon... and that scares him.
God that's some eerie actual anime like character study . We've come so far that Ash could actually become a pokemon Master . His realisation that he is the strongest with no trainer to conquer would be too scary for him if that happened

Aka the one Ash story type that should not have a harem.

Ash isn't going to romance one person after betrayal. He'd do a Luke Eps8. He would not go bang half of the named cast

Wow, has Journey's rating really fallen so low that the anime staff decided to, just a few months before the series is supposedly ending, flip the script and follow the trend of edgy fanfics? Well he's already got a Lucario, who no doubt will start referring to him as 'Master' for whatever reason..I wonder how they'll kill off Pikachu? Its an extremely bold move but i'm confidant they can pull it off. /S

If this episode was Ash eating his own cooking and then living out a betrayal plot because of food poisoning hallucinations then it would be the greatest episode in the anime’s history bar none.
Now we need this in the anime

Wow, has Journey's rating really fallen so low that the anime staff decided to, just a few months before the series is supposedly ending, flip the script and follow the trend of edgy fanfics? Well he's already got a Lucario, who no doubt will start referring to him as 'Master' for whatever reason..I wonder how they'll kill off Pikachu? Its an extremely bold move but i'm confidant they can pull it off. /S
You know this was a joke right ?

Someone said in the chat that when she read the title, this crossed her mind:

'Betrayal! Gou's True Colours!'

I found it very amusing, and can actually see it coming in a different anime genre.

My issue with this episode is that they are picking a strong word to hype and may not deliver.
Much ado about the betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom