• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

from a not-so-experienced fan, all-time worst moments in pokeani?

Faba being invited to the wedding will always be one of the biggest wtf moments in the anime for me lmao like...I get they wanted him to stick around so he could be ~redeemed~ or whatever but Kukui and Burnet actually WANTING him there was just weird lol
Yeah.....a little too forgiving aren't they?

-Dawn releasing Ambipom so she could play ping-pong.
-Ash's incredibly painful gym battle with Elesa.
-Ash's loss in the Unova League to a complete idiot who handicapped himself by only bringing 5 Pokemon.
-Ash losing the Kalos League to a character that didn't deserve to win after the story seemed to set up a win for him.
-The forced release of Greninja, mostly because of the reason.
-The fakeout loss against Hau for the sake of the Rowlet sleeping gag.
-Goh's capture of Sobble and the advertising surrounding it that made it seem like Ash would get Sobble.
-Goh's contrived capture of Suicune.
All of this. All of it. I totally agree. Also pretty much every episode of Journeys that is filler, because my god are they some of the worst filler episodes I've ever seen.

I don't think a new thread is necessary considering he's old news now.
honestly i'm well aware i just really hate him (if you haven't noticed) and i hope other people feel as strongly </3 although admittedly my only real forum experience is flight rising which seems to be much more active so.
Dude's a creep. Aaaand to add insult to injury he uses what might just be the creepiest Pokemon ever, Hypno. I guess it's the perfect Pokemon for him though. Creepy Pokemon for creepy dude.
also, yeah i get the feeling them giving him hypno, a pokemon with a... not good, to say the least reputation as one of his whopping 2 pokemon... they DEFINITELY knew what they were doing there

Honestly all of Ash's league losses after AG pushed the envelope for me
  • Tobias came and went out of thin air, breaking the worldbuilding and internal logic
  • Ash vs Cameron was just painful to watch
  • They kept hyping up Ash's victory over Alain but never delivered on it

No idea why it took him so long to win one. They went so far to adhere to the status quo. It's baffling because you can easily write around it

I honestly think at some point they got it in their heads that they either couldn't work with an Ash winning something, or that fans didn't want it.

...I've never seen it said outright but I feel some of the talk with voice actors in Japan implied some disconnect. And writers get odd ideas sometimes.

I honestly think at some point they got it in their heads that they either couldn't work with an Ash winning something, or that fans didn't want it.

...I've never seen it said outright but I feel some of the talk with voice actors in Japan implied some disconnect. And writers get odd ideas sometimes.
The writers know the Elite 4 exists.. right?
So making him loose league after league is stupid and then they have him win a league with NO ELITE 4.

The writers know the Elite 4 exists.. right?
honestly they might as well not know about them, it's one thing if they just didn't show up as the elite 4 but to my knowledge most of them don't show up in the anime at all. apparently all the gen 1 ones got to show up there, with agatha though it seems they might've forgotten about her during OS.

oh wait, since someone replied back to this.. i've remembered another thing: the league battle between lillie and gladion.

firstly, having z-moves cancel eachother out was just.. an absolutely awful idea. secondly, i really do feel like it's kind of fucked up how lillie never really got to have any real victories at anything. mallow also shares this, but admittedly i'm kinda biased towards focusing on lillie more cause. blorbo moment yaknow. anyway yeah lillie didn't even get to take down lusamine on her own, and i just feel like the league kinda rubbed salt in that wound. sure, obviously with the way lillie's team of One Fucking Unevolved Pokemon was there was no way she was ever gonna beat gladion but eh. at the very least if you're gonna pretty much slap faba in the league either because they needed one last guy in there and they couldn't think of anyone else or as a joke you coulda let lillie kill his ass atleast. she deserves it <3

I mean at least Ash lost knowing he was the only person to take out 2 of Tobias's pokemon when no one else in that league could even beat his first. I say overall Ash's Unova and Kalos league losses are more insulting.
Cameron was worse than Indigo League era Ash, bringing five Pokémon to a six on six. Ash lost due to sheer bad luck rather than a genuinely skilled opponent. I’d rather have someone strong but OP over someone relying on luck defeat Ash.

The TRio almost successfully dropping a child to their death in XY089 still never sat right with me :confused_emoji:
Yeah, that seemed pretty dark for them. I still think back to that moment sometimes, it seems like something their boss would do, not them.

The TRio almost successfully dropping a child to their death in XY089 still never sat right with me :confused_emoji:

Team Rocket in the past really have gone to dark places

I remember that in the episode where Chikorita evolved they gave Ash a beatdown with their Pokemon but not to Pikachu or the other Pokemon to Ash directly, a straight beatdown and it really was unsetling. Also in the Gligarman episode their plan was to fill a hole with the Twerps with watter catch Pikachu when they started floating and then leave them there.

I mean in some episodes they have the right for revenge and slap Ash but come on...

However seeing how Ash is today I would not mind them doing that again, for some things Team Rocket really toned down his evil ways since the XY days..

I remember that in the episode where Chikorita evolved they gave Ash a beatdown with their Pokemon but not to Pikachu or the other Pokemon to Ash directly, a straight beatdown and it really was unsetling.
excuse me they did WHAT now?? and so early in the series too... i always hear BW and sometimes XY being stated as the point where team rocket was kinda fucked up, i suppose they were only made more consistently fucked up in that case. anyway, add this occasion to the list of reasons AG006 makes no goddamn sense, i suppose.
However seeing how Ash is today I would not mind them doing that again, for some things Team Rocket really toned down his evil ways since the XY days..
also, the kid's 10 and has been through so much shit already, he's died/nearly died on multiple occasions, give him a break i think

excuse me they did WHAT now?? and so early in the series too... i always hear BW and sometimes XY being stated as the point where team rocket was kinda fucked up, i suppose they were only made more consistently fucked up in that case. anyway, add this occasion to the list of reasons AG006 makes no goddamn sense, i suppose.

also, the kid's 10 and has been through so much shit already, he's died/nearly died on multiple occasions, give him a break i think

Cameron has already been said, but another terrible part of the Unova league for me was Ash's final battle with Trip.
The final battle between the main rival and Ash is a 1v1 in the first round, a lame battle to conclude the most forgettable rival in the franchise.
Trip was a boring rival anyway. He didn't have what made Paul so charming despite being an absolute child of Giratina at times.

Pikachu helped Ash win 2 of his Frontier Symbols while also playing a big role in those battles,it could've afforded to take a backseat against Brandon.Instead it decided to play backstage politics with the writers by having it get the big win over Brandon's Regice while Charizard became the sacrificial lamb.Going from sweeping half of Gary's team,outlasting an Articuno to jobbing to a mere Dusclops is very underwhelming.The whole purpose of Ash's Charizard at least initially was to come back and bail Ash out of a very tough situation.
Trip was a boring rival anyway. He didn't have what made Paul so charming despite being an absolute child of Giratina at times.
We wouldn't be talking about this if Trip was a rival for a rookie trainer,but at the same time he's still a poor man's Paul.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom