• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tag!! You're It!! V3: Welcome to the Garden~

@Blanc How long have you been studying Japanese for?
Oh, hi Dawning!! An interesting question, thank you! I’ve studied JP pretty passively in my time, so around ages 14-16 were when I started to fiddle with learning words and phrases, and just the basics. I didn’t get intensive in my learning until I made some JP friends, when I got involved in JP fandom spaces and communities, I started to take my learning more seriously and then began translating doujin material mostly for myself and any friends who ask… this was when I was about 19 or so? So about 7 years give or take on paper, but my practice was always rather passive and learning more from chatting with others and translating than actual ‘studying’. So I don’t think I have the ‘experise’ of 7 years of learning LOL. So take what you will!

Thanks for asking!!

@Daren Hiya! Tagging you, Daren! Got any special attachment to any of the mainline Pokemon games? Any reasons why?

@Blanc
Red, the first I played.
There was a lot of anticipation for these games at the time. The advertising campaign was going all out; Nintendo Power had released a little pull-out guide to the game in several parts with their issues, and of course the show was airing as well.
I received the game as a birthday present and in one sitting played all the way to Vermillion city that morning with a slightly overleveled starter that at that point was no longer able to beat rival's type advantage with power (and I ended up starting over with a different starter--weird thing is I know I chose Bulbasaur and Squirtle but not in which order. I think Bulbasaur was first...)
It might be a bit of a boring answer, but there it is.

Loving it! Fantastic community! Will probably stick around, we'll see.

@DawningWinds what was the first video game you remember playing?
I thiiink Pokemon Black? I remember having it to play on the drive when my family was moving from Arizona to Minnesota. I probably played something else before then but I don't remember well.

@helperman What other franchises are you into besides Pokemon?

@Blanc how are you liking the bulbacommunity so far? (apologies if this has been asked, i don't really keep up with this thread)
Oh, no, it hasn’t been asked! Thank you for asking! Well… first of all I can’t believe I’ve only been here a week?! LOL it feels longer already… It’s small but verrrry cozy! I love it here, I haven’t been on a Pokemon forum since I moderated one when I was a teen, so it’s been really refreshing, I’ve loved everyone here I’ve met. I hope to stick around as long as I can! Hopefully no one minds my presence either, LOL.

@Torchic W. Pip Favorite ships and why! I’ve seen you around with them and I’m super interested!

I thiiink Pokemon Black? I remember having it to play on the drive when my family was moving from Arizona to Minnesota. I probably played something else before then but I don't remember well.

@helperman What other franchises are you into besides Pokemon?
transformers

@Torchic W. Pip Favorite ships and why! I’ve seen you around with them and I’m super interested!
I've got a lot lol :p

Favorite of all time would probably be Gracefulshipping. It means a lot to me. Idk I just think they're neat. They also just...... idk, they would have a really nice dynamic, and WIND AND WATER METAPHORS. I could go on about how cute they would be together.

Then PokéMas came and I was like "awwwwww Origin and Graceful are both cute" and then I was like "screw it. polyamory" and that's how I became the first(?) Sabotageshipper. I just think they're neater and neater by the day, and the possibilities for their dynamic are endless.

Close second is either Darksteel or Aquaheart. Darksteel was my original OTP before Gracefulshipping took over my brain (I love dark academia nerds in love), and Aquaheart is just....... perfect in every way, in my opinion. Nessa and Sonia are so cute together :bulbaLove:

@Sheeer Favorite bird Pokémon? (It doesn't have to be a Flying type.)

Gracefulshipping - Wallace/Winona
Originshipping - Wallace/Steven
Sabotageshipping - Wallace/Winona/Steven
Darksteelshipping - Steven/Cynthia
Aquaheartshipping - Nessa/Sonia

@Sheeer Favorite bird Pokémon? (It doesn't have to be a Flying type.)
Id say it's probably a toss-up between Hawlucha and Delibird.

Hawlucha is just beyond cool and Delibird is derpy beyond belief and I love it for that

Also, does Porygon count? If so, I'd say it's up there too

@BigDocFan what's your favorite Pikachu clone?

@CuboneKing favourite movie genre?
Ooh, good question. I’m a total Marvel and Star Wars sucker, so superhero and science fiction are definitely up there. I also really like comedies, the dumber the better. I can definitely appreciate a good horror movie too.

@MissDelibirda what video games do you like aside from Pokémon?

Back
Top Bottom