• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Yeah I think Flint would have remained in the Masters 8 then to have a fodder character beaten off-screen. They had both Flint and Raihan bumped out of it for a reason

I don't get why people still believe Ash will have to fight Alain. Keep on dreaming. Lance->Cynthia->Leon. These are battles for Masters 8. So, stop being delusional.

NO ALAIN VS ASH!!!
I don't think it's delusional at all but I do agree with the people you've chosen will be the trainers Ash battles in Masters 8

I think the problem with Lance is he and Ash have had no build up all saga despite debuting in 2019. They didn't show them interact like with Cynthia, or show him take notice of Ash like Raihan did in the Opal episode.

Literally his appearance in the ending montages is all to go on but I think the writers would have foreshadowed them wanting to battle each other otherwise. Even in Lance's VA interview he just says he wants a rematch with Leon but nothing about Ash. It's very odd for a character around for practically the entire 3 year span Journey's has been airing to not have a single scene with Ash or about them wanting to battle each other.

Sorry, but no. I am right :)
Please don't treat your speculation as fact. People have every reason to speculate that Ash will face Alain, given his surprising inclusion and the fact that he has never gotten to defeat him. So don't treat your own speculation as fact or call people delusional for thinking Ash will face him.

Last edited:
Please don't treat your speculation as fact. People have every reason to speculate that Ash will face Alain, given his surprising inclusion and the fact that he has never gotten to defeat him. So don't treat your own speculation as fact or call people delusional for thinking Ash will face him.
I can say the same about others. Many people tend to believe that Alain VS Ash is a FACT and don't want to believe for any other battles for Ash.

I can say the same about others. Many people tend to believe that Alain VS Ash is a FACT and don't want to believe for any other battles for Ash.
I think many people simply treat it as a very likely thing to happen, given Alain is the only anime-original character in the Masters Eight, not to mention one whom Ash has never managed to beat despite multiple encounters.

Sorry, but no. I am right :)
There's an old saying about not counting your chickens before they're hatched. You've no idea if you're right or not about this. Nobody does yet.
Given that Alain is here competing in this, and that he and Ash both promised to battle each other again (not to mention he's the only rival Ash has never beaten even though he battled him multiple times,) I can see why people would have strong reason to believe Ash and Alain will battle here. And you should listen to A Wild Luxray too, he brings up good points. Just because other people might cement their opinion as fact, as you say, doesn't mean you should go around doing the same. They have perfectly valid reasons to suspect an Ash vs Alian showdown is imminent, and you should respect their opinions, not call them delusional for it. And I've a hunch it isn't even that these people don't care about the other competitors Ash will face, as you claim, but because him (supposedly) facing Alain again is very important to a lot of people, myself included. Don't forget, the Kalos league final battle was incredibly controversial for many, many people, so it's no wonder they'd feel this way now.

Last edited:
Cynthia is my only rooting interest at this point since the writers pretty much destroyed any chances of Paul being part of the M8.Before the existence of Leon,Mega Evolution,Gigantamax and Z-Move there was Cynthia who was portrayed as the strongest Champion in the series.

She defeated all Sinnoh E4 members but Bertha on screen.Trollbias breezed through the entire sinnoh league using his Darkrai but the fact that Cynthia was still Champion implies he stood little to no chance.Just need to see what her Garchomp can do while Mega Evolved.

I honestly couldn't care less if Ash finally got his big win over Alain,but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ash were to bring back Greninja just to lose once more.It would only prove why Charizard should've stayed as Ash's main powerhouse.

We got an opening update, namely the other 7 members of the Masters 8 each representing one of the seven colors of Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

FSoUY0XaUAA-Di8

FSoUBjgXoAE7DUM

And them all standing underneath Leon's Gigantamax Charizard

FSojdw6UUAEDkIB

Last edited:
We got an opening update, namely the other 7 members of the Masters 8 each representing one of the seven colors of Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

FSoUY0XaUAA-Di8

FSoUBjgXoAE7DUM

And them all standing underneath Leon's Gigantamax Charizard

FSojdw6UUAEDkIB
That was awesome!

Kinda weird how the opening makes it seem like Ash could battle all 7 of them. But giving the limited amount of eps up to November and the tournament format we know that can't happen.

Time for some copium.

Trollbias breezed through the entire sinnoh league using his Darkrai but the fact that Cynthia was still Champion implies he stood little to no chance.Just need to see what her Garchomp can do while Mega Evolved.
I think that Cynthia could get a Gmax Hatterene, since it hasn't been shown yet and I doubt Diantha would have one.

She defeated all Sinnoh E4 members but Bertha on screen.Trollbias breezed through the entire sinnoh league using his Darkrai but the fact that Cynthia was still Champion implies he stood little to no chance.Just need to see what her Garchomp can do while Mega Evolved.
It could also be that Tobias simply never challenged the Champion League. My personal head canon is that he vanished from existence after serving his purpose.

Last edited:
Greninja was removed from the opening and replaced by Mega Lucario. I hate how they are having Lucario replace Greninja and if they have Lucario beat Alain’s Charizard I will be sick.
Another evidence that there will be NO rematch against Alain. People should stop dreaming and face reality

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom