• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Well if nothing else at least this whole thing will be explained soon? The legendaries are usually revealed pretty early and Khu always explained his PLA riddles once the info was officially revealed (Or datamines started).

Well if nothing else at least this whole thing will be explained soon? The legendaries are usually revealed pretty early and Khu always explained his PLA riddles once the info was officially revealed (Or datamines started).
=( I wanna try to solve it nooow. Being stuck on mobile is so maddening, how do people without computers even live? And I'm not free until Monday, either, because I work all weekend.

I think I might know the feeling? Not sure, but there's definitely that 'ugh' feeling followed by a sort of appreciation for what they pulled off. I don't get that with all pokemon, granted, but it's definitely a nuanced feeling that happens with a lot of them.

And there's just this really authentic feeling anout it, too. The most convincing fakes before this were the lemur/rabbit/platypus starters for Gen 8 and those didn't even make me question it this much. There was something about them that just felt off. Great art, I can't remember how the Japanese on those sheets rated, but the art felt fake despite how good it was.
Yeah, that sounds more like the feeling.

I thought only the rabbit looked good in that leak, but it's eyes really looked wrong to me. The Platypus was a Frankenstein design. It had Pikachu's body and psyducks bill.

People said the Japanese was pretty authentic, though, but I thought the hand writing was too clean and large.

Maybe it's a Chinese or Japanese thing? Like something to do with the words for feather/wing, fin/flipper, spike? Or the names of those legendaries? Gawd I'd be doing language science right now if I wasn't stuck on my phone.
Hmm... the names for legendaries are the same in every language. Nothing pops out to me. There's the potential overlap that Lugia and Kyogre are related to a Beluga and and Orca, but Groudon isn't really whale like in any way that I know of.

Edit, meant Groudon not Kyogre

Last edited:
I recall him ACTUALLY revealing the existence of certain Pokemon or HEAVILY hinting about them before they were even revealed. What we're getting from him is mere crumbs that are hardly worth it. Many of us knew about the existence of H-Sligoo, Goodra, Liligant, Typhlosion, ect before the games even came out and datamines even started.

Hmm... the names for legendaries are the same in every language. Nothing pops out to me. There's the potential overlap that Lugia and Kyogre are related to a Beluga and and Orca, but Kyogre isn't really whale like in any way that I know of.
I mean what if we take the Chinese or Japanese of their names and throw them together in Google translate, or maybe just the first characters of their names?

羽 (はね・hane) is feather, 翼 (つばさ・tsubasa) is wing, fin is apparently ひれ (hire), flipper is just...フリッパー (flipper) I think? And spike is just スパイク I think...
Hm, I don't know anything about the language to sort it out from here. =/

My other thought was what if the images he clipped out resembled Chinese or Japanese characters, since he's only picking out white parts. He could be spelling something.

It's kind of like banana for scale. Except it would be juice for source or something.

Right now people are just blaming it on the juice like Lizzo said to do.

Serious answer, Fuecoco_3 had a bottle of green tea in the photo but people thought it was juice and that the poster went to the store and bought a bottle of juice with Japanese on it and planted it in the photo to make their fake look more authentic. The argument being that someone leaking concept art wouldn't have a drink on their desk or something. I'm not exactly sure the reason.
The basic reason? You don't want an open container of liquid near anything paper or electronic, lest the container tip and spill, ruining said items. Condensation is a very minor worry--space mostly cures that--but having a bottle tip over? That's a disaster.

And yes, you have to be careful with even capped bottles. If the cap isn't properly aligned and the bottle falls over, you're still dealing with a mess. (I used to sit in the break room at Walmart and write. One of my notebooks has red stains from fruit punch that was knocked over by a coworker. Thankfully, it was just the margins.)

Granted, it doesn't mean that Fuecoco leak is fake. It could mean that the leaker is just Joe Somebody and not an artistic type.

The basic reason? You don't want an open container of liquid near anything paper or electronic, lest the container tip and spill, ruining said items. Condensation is a very minor worry--space mostly cures that--but having a bottle tip over? That's a disaster.
I work in an office with tons of electronics and paperwork. Every single desk has a bottle of something on it and drinks are readily available in the break room. The print that leaked was not some master irreplaceable copy. It's okay if something happened to it.

Which is why it was obv a copied version, like printed or something? And what if they did it digitally at first then printed it? (I don't know how their artists works tbf)

But...maybe they just set it down??? like yeah it's a risk but it's not like it would have happened if it was the original. (also sorry about your notebook...)

Could be!! Just some person who somehow got their eyes on the art. I really don't think the artist would leak their own work!??
Yeah, if it's legit, it's a printed copy from a publisher, hence the numbers on the sheet. Maybe someone working on translations for an art book or strategy guide.

Worrying about spills around artwork is pretty much limited to artists in regards to their hand drawn artwork. If anything, the lack of anxiety displayed by the proximity of that tea tells us that this is definitely not the situation with Fuecoco3.

Funnily enough, by contrast, the presence of the pen in the water/ground Diglett photo tells me that that likely is an artist, and probably their actual original copy that they just finished inking and then took a photo of to color digitally and add the typed Japanese.

Poison Drowzee appears to have been photographed on an identical mat with some notable scratchmarks, so probably the same artist doing pretty much the same exact thing- photographed on their drawing desk and digitally colored. They handwrote the Japanese that time and didn't bother with the numbers, and left their pen out of the image, so they're learning.

Can't wait for their next attempt. They might actually move it to a different table. Maybe even shade correctly. =P

@takoyaki
Hopefully these aren't huge... or too small.

Screenshot_20220513-152557_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220513-152622_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-152639_Chrome.jpg

And yes, you have to be careful with even capped bottles. If the cap isn't properly aligned and the bottle falls over, you're still dealing with a mess. (I used to sit in the break room at Walmart and write. One of my notebooks has red stains from fruit punch that was knocked over by a coworker. Thankfully, it was just the margins.)
This happened to me at work last week but with nail polish and my pants :confused:
good thing I'm not an artist for gamefreak

Problem with these riddles every generation is that we can never or almost never decipher them until an official trailer/announcement and then we're like "well, look at that!" lol
PLA's were a lot easier and more specific than these, so he's definitely upped the difficulty so far. Maybe he'll give us easier ones later.

Problem with these riddles every generation is that we can never or almost never decipher them until an official trailer/announcement and then we're like "well, look at that!" lol
I'd assume that's half the point.

You gotta be subtle enough to not get ratted out, I suppose

Could be!! Just some person who somehow got their eyes on the art. I really don't think the artist would leak their own work!??
Exactly. I think this was probably just a random guy who found it and snapped a pic. Ten to one the artist wouldn't leak this as they could be out of a job if it gets traced back to them.

This is why I think this might be legit: it feels like someone took this photo on the fly. But that's just me.

Also, thanks about my notebook. I was seriously lucky; it wasn't damaged. It looks tie-dyed though!

Back
Top Bottom