• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The Mandarin Chinese (as taken from bulbapedia)

Lugia: 洛奇亞
Kyogre: 蓋歐卡
Groudon: 固拉多

Google Translate says the characters in Lugia mean Lowe (a surname and I think the name of a river) Strange and Asia

Kyogre is Cover; Europe, Card

Groudon is Solid, Pull, Many

Oh!! Although this wouldn't quite be the answer to the riddle: it is amazing that there is not yet a Pokemon that has a mystical deck of cards!!

it could be quite interesting, something like Delibird and Present but with more variations of what happens depending which card is drawn!!

also it is actually really amazing that Metronome was in the very first Pokemon game!!

Last edited:
@takoyaki

I'm just spitballing here, but if the third one is a backwards く could the second one be a backwards こ? I was trying to re-arrange the three characters to make a word or a partial word, but all I've gotten so far is くびこ which could be 九尾狐 which is supposedly the name of a nine taled fox in both japanese and chinese (but we already have ninetales?)

...I don't really think so. I don't know anyone who writes こ with a connecting line. This is a writing sample I just did, maybe this'll help a lil more?↓
Thanks. I really need to get better at reading hand written kana. I'm only use to reading it typed, so I don't know the extent of any nuances. For example, I would have never been able to get ひ out of the Lugia wing, but I was able to see it after you pointed it out. (I'm also just way out of practice. I'd like to take an official class one day).

Funnily enough, by contrast, the presence of the pen in the water/ground Diglett photo tells me that that likely is an artist, and probably their actual original copy that they just finished inking and then took a photo of to color digitally and add the typed Japanese.

Poison Drowzee appears to have been photographed on an identical mat with some notable scratchmarks, so probably the same artist doing pretty much the same exact thing- photographed on their drawing desk and digitally colored. They handwrote the Japanese that time and didn't bother with the numbers, and left their pen out of the image, so they're learning.

Can't wait for their next attempt. They might actually move it to a different table. Maybe even shade correctly. =P
Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one here who thought they might be the same artist. I wanna note the Japanese writing on Drowzee is on the same level as Diglett too and doesn't approach the complexity that Fuecoco3 has.

...I don't really think so. I don't know anyone who writes こ with a connecting line. This is a writing sample I just did, maybe this'll help a lil more?↓
It really depends on your writing habit and tool. Sometimes I write quickly and don't lift my pen/pencil enough that it looks connected. With digital it's also possible depending on your pen setting. Not sure if this will help with the riddle thing, but, yeah.

Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one here who thought they might be the same artist. I wanna note the Japanese writing on Drowzee is on the same level as Diglett too and doesn't approach the complexity that Fuecoco3 has.
XD Haha, yeah. It's kind of infuriating how many people think they're by the same artist as Fuecoco3 given the difference in Japanese and art style... but they say that about a lot of the other worse drawn sheets, too. All the more obvious that people aren't too good at comparing them.

Has Khu ever used Japanese for their riddles? I feel like if these were meant to be characters, at the very least they would have oriented the images to be correct for the character. I could be wrong, but trying to warp the images into katakana or hiragana seems like a stretch, based off the nature of Khu’s past riddles.

That being said, all I’ve got is that the mascot legends have white on them. Lmao

Has Khu ever used Japanese for their riddles? I feel like if these were meant to be characters, at the very least they would have oriented the images to be correct for the character. I could be wrong, but trying to warp the images into katakana or hiragana seems like a stretch, based off the nature of Khu’s past riddles.

That being said, all I’ve got is that the mascot legends have white on them. Lmao
The Hisuian Samurott hint was a play on japanese words sounding like the Japanese name for Greninja to hint at its type, if I recall right. And the Qwilfish one might have been Japanese? He does tend toward Chinese, though.

I'm just not familiar enough with either language and trying to research on my phone is a hassle, so I figured that maybe it was worth a shot? But yeah, forcing them to fit any characters isn't worth it. If they don't clearly fit anything, then they don't fit anything. Back to the drawing board. =/

Can someone point out where it is on Rayquaza? I compared it to the official art and I don't see a match.

1fildb95ifz81.png

Also, Khu just tweeted that we're at the halfway point.

The Clash of Ages idea also ties into the logos--Scarlet looks like traditional art of some kind, and Violet evokes a motherboard/80's futuristic motifs
Interesting, I had thought the violet logo was more stars or whatever but looking closer yes it has lines that make it look circuity. Good catch. Probably a tradition vs innovation theme

Interesting that it’s very much seeming like a similar take on the BW dragons, complete with (assumedly) the ‘innovation’ one being the exact same type (Dragon/Electric).

Like yes, BW were about truth vs ideals, but REALLY it was a lot of old vs new with the whole torch vs electricity theme of the dragons, the forest vs city areas….

I’m definitely curious how it will be perceived by fans. It can very very easily be taken as “been there, done that”. At the VERY least they would have to make these dragons serpentine to make them visually very different from The BW dragons.

Back
Top Bottom