• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

It's supposed to be somewhat of a joke. Don't forget, before you (the player,) showed up, these people were having trouble catching up catching even those three, let alone anything stronger. So to the village, Bidoof, Starly, and Shinx are considered strong. Make sense?
oh...i see...i think i get it now...well then...but still, they didn't need to hype the quest like that, like come on, you didn't need to hype a joke up like it was some serious threat...when in actuality it wasn't that big of a threat. oh and because they are pre evolutions, you barely get exp

oh...i see...i think i get it now...well then...but still, they didn't need to hype the quest like that, like come on, you didn't need to hype a joke up like it was some serious threat...when in actuality it wasn't that big of a threat. oh and because they are pre evolutions, you barely get exp
It's pretty much a gag. A bit of a trolly gag to be sure, but hey.

Ehh, don't take it so seriously. It's a battle that eats up like, what, five minutes?
right...if you say so...although the game has wasted enough of my time with all these overused cutscenes it has. i swear, there are more cutscenes than sword and shield

I feel like Pokemon swimming in the water is made too hard to catch unawares. Like, what am I supposed to do? Because I sure as heck would prefer not to keep jumping with Basculegion so I can have a steady aim at the Pokemon I'm trying to catch.

Last edited:
I feel like Pokemon swimming in the water is made too hard to catch unawares. Like, what am I supposed to? Because I sure as heck would prefer not to keep jumping with Basculegion so I can have a steady aim at the Pokemon I'm trying to catch.
I literally thought it was just me. Catching swimming Pokemon feels insanely tricky, and maybe I’m just bad at the game but the ‘slow-mo’ in Basculegion’s jump feels like it could be a tad slower to help my aim. I just rely on my feather balls and static aim to get the job done and pray. LOL…

I literally thought it was just me. Catching swimming Pokemon feels insanely tricky, and maybe I’m just bad at the game but the ‘slow-mo’ in Basculegion’s jump feels like it could be a tad slower to help my aim. I just rely on my feather balls and static aim to get the job done and pray. LOL…
Yeah.......catching Pokemon in the water wasn't fun for me either. Especially Basculin, since they all just up and run away the second they detect a hint of your presence. Smoke bombs helped quite a bit with them, but I generally don't like using Smoke Bombs (I'm kind of impatient.)

Last edited:
Especially Basculin, since they all just up and run away the second they detect a hint of your presence.
So I’m not insane! I swear Basculin have a higher detection radius or something, because I have to go extra stealth with them all the time, or just be quick on the trigger. I’ve been struggling to get more of those little bastards right now, LOL. Weird they don’t show the “!” when they detect you either. I can’t tell if it’s intended or not.

So I’m not insane! I swear Basculin have a higher detection radius or something, because I have to go extra stealth with them all the time, or just be quick on the trigger. I’ve been struggling to get more of those little bastards right now, LOL. Weird they don’t show the “!” when they detect you either. I can’t tell if it’s intended or not.
Hisuian Basculin are said to be gentler than other Bascilin, so that might have something to with it.

Ehhhh........at least Legends: Arceus was a much more enjoyable game (at least for me,) than Sw/Sh.
i'm not saying its a bad game, i actually enjoyed it a lot, i just hated the overused cutscenes. like come on, let me play the game, i didn't pay $60 to watch a movie.
well your not the only one since i'm also having a hard time with these sections. and the worst part is that you can't even "sneak" while riding across the waters, which pretty much makes capturing pokemon that are hostile nearly impossible without getting caught which either forces you to battle the pokemon or use one of those items like mud or snow balls or those sticky balls to stun it.

For some reason I could go an hour or more with no route music... The game will play music during battle, and other times like that but it feels so weird not having route/area music.

Not a fan of how many Alpha pokemon are around. It makes them feel less special if I can encounter 5 of them in less than a minute running.

Genuinely one of the only things I dislike is that your pokemon don't interact with you much when you take them out of their pokeball. They have movement animations, so shouldn't they be able to at least walk a bit? I do like that they interact with your other pokemon and have cute idle animations though

Genuinely one of the only things I dislike is that your pokemon don't interact with you much when you take them out of their pokeball. They have movement animations, so shouldn't they be able to at least walk a bit? I do like that they interact with your other pokemon and have cute idle animations though
Hopefully we'll get walking Pokemon again with improved interactions in Scarlet and Violet. :D

Another really annoying glitch that basically disables your ability to lock onto wild Pokemon. This happened when I was trying to catch Remoraid without being noticed (which is a lot more annoying than it sounds) and for some stupid reason, the game kept disabling the locking on, so I had to save, then restart.

It's already hard enough trying to catch Pokemon in the water without being noticed so it counts on the Research Tasks (it's really stupid that they had done this for Pokemon that can only be caught in the water BTW).

It's already hard enough trying to catch Pokemon in the water without being noticed so it counts on the Research Tasks (it's really stupid that they had done this for Pokemon that can only be caught in the water BTW)
thats honestly really dumb adding Research Tasks revolving around capturing those pokemon unseen, when you can't sneak while riding across the waters. and not to mention that i'm pretty sure you make a lot of noise while traveling across the waters. you could argue that you could just capture them from a distance on land with feather balls or better but there are 2 major problems. 1, there are some pokemon that can only be found in areas where there is no land to stand on. and 2, the feather balls and higher, despite mentioning being able to capture pokemon from a long distance, have a very limited range. there are times where pokemon are just outside of the feather ball's range and i end up bonking the pokemon instead. i swear, the travel time on these balls are the same as the pokeballs, greater balls and ultra balls before they become inert midair. really, they are just there for those that can't aim or for capturing pokemon that fly in the sky. but even the aiming seems off with them since they always seem to be thrown right above the reticle.

Last edited:
I would say battle mechanics. The fact your opponent can sometimes attack you two turns in a row is very unfair, coupled with the fact Speed stats play a major factor in the turn order. Type matchups also feel like they matter a lot more than ever, meaning you feel almost forced to use a certain type against major battles. Not to mention how even more unfair it is when you have to fight multiple Pokémon at once.

i don't really care for catching pokemon 50,000 times for research task purposes. i get that the game encourages that a ton and it might appease the crowd that's used to pokemon go, but that never really interested me a ton.

that said, i'll do them if i must to get a 10 in a dex entry (alongside KOing and other things), but it's not something i enjoy doing.

The "Targeted by a Wild Pokémon" theme. It is really out of tune with the situation. A Pokémon that takes baths in lava, and is preparing to burn you? Oh, yeah. Such a situation DESERVES to sound like it isn’t dangerous.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom