• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Windy Hollow

Ugh. I have a handful of anime marked as "I want to watch this soon" and I'm looking at them and saying to myself "I don't feel like watching any of these at the moment". I know I feel like watching some sort of anime, but I cannot seem to figure out what it is I feel like watching, and it's kinda been like this for a few days. Getting kinda sick of staring at the screen and scrolling through only to not come up with anything.
PowerPuff Girls Z?! A good action one is...Haikyuu!?

PowerPuff Girls Z?! A good action one is...Haikyuu!?
I'm not much of a fan of sports series (especially not volleyball because I used to play volleyball and had a decidely not great relationship with my teammates so I'm especially sour towards that particular sport), so Haikyuu's not really of interest to me, but the PowerPuff Girls series might be worth a try, the I kinda like the artstyle and from my limited knowledge of it it might be something interesting to me.

Dawning do you think an anime reccomendations thread would be good? I could help create it and reccomend some!
I'd think so! I think there are probably plenty of people who would appreciate having a list of recs and/or a place to ask, and I don't think there's one currently? I'd have to check the animanga section.

Dawning do you think an anime reccomendations thread would be good? I could help create it and reccomend some!
I'd think so! I think there are probably plenty of people who would appreciate having a list of recs and/or a place to ask, and I don't think there's one currently? I'd have to check the animanga section.
Alright so I'm not seeing anything that quite seems like an anime recs thread, there's a favorite anime thread and a thread for sharing anime lists but I do think a recs thread could have a distinct place in the section.

Probably the best way to handle it I can come up with is to include a list of some recs in the OP and make it so people can share any of their reccomendations or ask for any reccomendations. It'd probably be good to have a system to organize the list by but I'm not sure whether it'd be better to do so by demographic (shonen/shoujo/seinen/etc) or by genre?

Made some banana bread muffins! Haven't gotten to taste them but the smell super good. The banana smashing was probably not my favorite cooking thing ever but I'm definitely feeling it'll be worthwhile and the batter was otherwise fairly standard.
Crossposting this.
These turned out really good! Didn't have any issues with being dry like some other things I've baked, the texture is exactly how I wanted and they taste great.

Spent today with my mom, little siblings, and cousin fishing. Little sibs and cousin caught lots of fish; my younger brother even managed a couple bass. I didn't get shit till we were almost leaving though-- only one all day. I don't mind too much; it was pretty nice out and I got to spend a lot of the time reading. I'm reading a book called The Girl With All The Gifts which is a zombie apocalypse book that does not make a point of actually telling you you're reading a zombie apocalypse book until you've actually started reading the zombie apocalypse book. This is probably a good thing in my case because I do not often read zombie apocalypse books so I might not have picked it up if it was less vague on that, but I actually sorta like its take? The main character is a zombie who's been a zombie most of her life but doesn't realize she's a zombie because unlike normal zombies she can actually think and stuff and also she's part of a research project to try and find a cure due to her and some ither kid having some partial immunity to the zombie fungus. The zombie fungus is also a very mutated version of that zombie-ant fungus which is a smaller thing but I like using that instead of a vaguely defined virus so that's cool. (They also don't use the word zombie they use hungry but whatever.) It's kind of an interesting book at least to me.

I also made bread yesterday! I think I left it in the oven a little too long, the crust got really hard and when I cut it it all kinda crumbled really easy. But it wasn't too bad, it still tasted fine and aside from being crumbling the inside texture was pretty good. Making bread is a lot waiting, when I started I was expecting it to take about as long as like muffins or pizza but then yeast got involved and I had to let it rise for like two hours because that's how bread is.
Didn't get any pictures of this because my phone was dead when I finished it unfortunately.

Hey so uh this has been dead for awhile apparently. Whoops.

Anywho, hi. I'm looking at hopefully doing an art stream on YouTube later today? Idk if that's something any of y'all would be interested in but I've been thinking about doing something like that for a little while now and I wanna try it cause it seems like it might be fun. I don't have super solid plan atm, just kinda gonna go on and draw and talk and stuff I guess. I'm currently looking at like 5 PM CST? But if anyone's interested who can't make that time it should be easy enough to change, just let me know. Once I get it started I'll post the link in here.

Alright so unfortunately YouTube's livestream permission request is taking a bit longer to go through than expected. This is on me for not setting this up more ahead of time, sorry. I might have to move this back to tomorrow? Sorry. Hopefully the same time'll still work though?

Alright livestream permission went through and I did some testing and it seems too work! ...albeit with a bit of delay on both visual and audio unfortunately, but I think it's the best I'm gonna get for the moment. Still shooting for 5 PM CST tonight.

Sorry for the double post, but I think I have an idea…

I can communicate with you from here if you’re able to refresh this page every so often. Then I can just edit over and over and we can talk that way! If that’s what you’d want to do, of course.

(EDT 06:29) Alright, then! So, is this like a special kind of Absol or something? And I kind of missed what just happened…?
(EDT 06:30) Technology sucks, doesn’t it? I’ll be waiting!
(EDT 06:31) Your actual image is safe, right? The last thing I’d want is the program to crash on you.
(EDT 06:33) Oh crap! I’ve had that happen before. Always annoying…
(EDT 06:34) :confused_emoji:
(EDT 06:36) On a less stressful subject, I kind of thought you were going to draw a Legendary or something. I forget the name and I’m too lazy to look it up, but I think it was one of the ones from the Sun and Moon games? Lunala, maybe? I hope I spelled that right… anyway, that’s kind of what I thought. (Emoji’s like a shrug…)
(EDT 06:38) Well again, Absol’s hardly a surprising choice coming from you, haha.
(EDT 06:39) Are you drawing with a mouse? The brushstrokes that I saw from you make it seem effortless. I don’t think I could ever do that myself with a mouse.
(EDT 06:41) Aha! I’m honestly not surprised; it would shocking if you could do that with a mouse! Would you be willing to share what kind of tablet it is (or is that a secret of the trade, haha?)
(EDT 06:43) I can’t see what you’re doing, but I’m wondering how far you’re along now…?
(EDT 06:46) I can see!
(EDT 06:49) So you do all of the filling out of those colors by hand? No bucket tool? Forgive my horrific ignorance here, but with my experience with, like, Paint, when I see empty space, my instinct is: dump the bucket, haha! So what’s the artist’s reason for it?
(EDT 06:52) Well, part of the fun of artistry is the hard stuff, I guess. Sometimes, haha. What you’ve got so far looks kind of pretty from afar!
(EDT 06:53) You have a real artist’s hand with those brushes, truthfully…
(EDT 06:54) Thank God for layers, haha.
(EDT 06:55) Is the light source like the moon or something?
(EDT 06:58) Wow, I’m actually truly, legitimately flattered that I may have contributed an idea to your work here tonight, haha.
(EDT 06:59) Yay, @Blanc is here!
(EDT 07:00) (y), Dawning.
(EDT 07:01) I concur with Blanc’s assessment. Your shading’s looking lovely and you’re not even done yet!
(EDT 07:04) You pronounced it right!
(EDT 07:10) I always get scared whenever your Absol disappears, but then I remember layers, haha.
(EDT 07:12) The journey of thousands of beautiful brushstrokes begins with just one line…
(EDT 07:13) I can’t believe I wanted a brother or sister at one point in my life. Oh, my ignorance…
(EDT 07:16) Ah, so clearly Blanc and us two have had very different experiences with siblings, or the idea of them.
(EDT 07:19) Still more visually appealing than SWSH’s trees.
(EDT 07:19) Sorry, I had to…
(EDT 07:20) Trust and believe, it’s a compliment! There’s nothing worse than SWSH trees.
(EDT 07:22) Your tree, so far, has an appealing cartoon quality to it. Don’t know how well that’ll match with Absol, but I’m sure you’ll work your magic on it, haha.
(EDT 07:23) SAI Paint Tool! Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. And hi @Blanc, haha!
(EDT 07:25) You sure make shading look easy, Dawning!
(EDT 07:26) This stuff can look kind of intimidating, but I guess it’s just a matter of practice and knowing how all of your tools work.
(EDT 07:34) I should probably go get something to eat soon myself, haha. But I’m a glutton for punishment when it comes to eating at highly non-ideal times.
(EDT 07:35) Night sky is looking good, Dawning!
(EDT 07:38) Congratulations on a job well done! I like the overall night atmosphere of the whole thing the most.
(EDT 07:39) I see a new canvas now.
(EDT 07:40) While I’m tickled by the idea of suggesting something for you, I… don’t really know what? How about something that you’ve never done before, maybe? Like a challenge to yourself? Perhaps…?
(EDT 07:42) I can see everything that you’re doing! Kind of a pretty color there, actually.
(EDT 07:44) Going to step out for a moment to get some much-needed food in my system…
(EDT 07:56) I’ve returned! What did I miss?
(EDT 07:59) Oh my, what you’ve done in (ten minutes?). Looks like something out of Blanc’s universe, haha. But maybe with more purple than red.
(EDT 08:00) With that (pool?) in the middle there, perhaps that’s a good thing, haha.
(EDT 08:03) Long ago when I used to draw, all of my trees were either palm trees, or cloud trees (as in, I drew the leaves like they were clouds, because I didn’t actually know how to draw leaves, haha).
(EDT 08:05) I look at all of the manga artists who have to draw all kinds of stuff like buildings and skies and, indeed, trees, rather than just anime characters looking and talking to one another, and I marvel at the skillset that they must have in order to accomplish it all…
(EDT 08:10) I can respect that, @Blanc, haha.
(EDT 08:11) Hey, people made entire careers out of doing perspective the wrong way, right?
(EDT 08:12) Perhaps there’s hope for me yet…
(EDT 08:15) I concur! But seriously, what on Earth is it, exactly? Is it even really water? That thing is screaming for some worldbuilding!
(EDT 08:20) I think that Blanc is stealthily trying to make you draw ghost fish underneath that… water, haha.
(EDT 08:22) I mean, can anything alive possibly be down there?
(EDT 08:24) I think we may be seeing the birth of a new Pokémon here. Maybe!?
(EDT 08:26) “Whole Wheat: The Ghost Fish Pokémon. Can live in habitats impossible for any other Water Pokémon to live in—”
(EDT 08:27) “Discovered by DawningWinds, named by Blanc, 2022…”
(EDT 08:37) It feels wrong if I don’t organize, well, anything related to an artistic project. It sends my mind into chaos otherwise, both practically and mentally speaking. I need order
(EDT 08:42) I kind of have that overdrive feeling too, actually, but I can also hear that part of my mind staying “stop, please stop!”. I think that my IT background may have cultivated that (discipline is key there), as well as my OCD tendencies, haha. Quite real ones, in the latter case.
(EDT 08:43) That’s a story for another time, though…
(EDT 08:43) Kawaii ghost fish~!
(EDT 08:46) I’m gonna have to give my vote to the second one too, haha.
(EDT 08:47) Although the OG ghost fish certainly has its charm, too!
(EDT 08:52) “Draw/write a bunch of lines until something happens”. Sometimes, that’s art, indeed.
(EDT 08:54) Haha, maybe you’re right, Dawning.
(EDT 08:56) I always have too many ideas, and not nearly enough time for them all.
(EDT 09:08) @Blanc: 5D’s, haha. I stopped following around… OG Yu-Gi-Oh? You know, the one where there were basically no rules and everyone just did whatever the hell they wanted, I think? I was never a big fan of the franchise, though.
(EDT 09:11) Things kind of start blending together after the first hundred episodes or so, I think.
(EDT 09:12) I can respect the video games, though. Mostly for their often bangin’ tunes more than anything else.
(EDT 09:16) Now that I think about it, Kaiba might have been many young kids’ first exposure to the modern-day concept of an edgelord in anime. “Screw the heart of the cards” and all of that. He’s a true badass (especially if you watch the anime subbed; he blocked freakin’ bullets with his briefcase!), but that kid has some issues, even in a world where literally everything revolves around card games.
(EDT 09:18) Oh yes, Shadow the Edgehog…
(EDT 09:19) Moe, haha. You may be onto something there, Blanc. Maybe all they really want is a hug!
(EDT 09:20) You’ve gotta love shounen anime, right?
(EDT 09:21) Why does Shadow need a gun? Why does Sonic need a car?
(EDT 09:22) Because it’s cool cute
(EDT 09:24) I don’t think it’s possible for anyone to have anime hair quite as ridiculous, pound for pound, as Yugi. Although perhaps @Orchid might have something to say about that…
(EDT 09:26) Everything is really for the thrill in Yu-Gi-Oh, isn’t it? Even the backstory.
(EDT 09:27) I still remember that “card games on motorcycles” meme… like, was that actually a thing?
(EDT 09:29) Yeah, of course that was a fan favorite. No doubt…
(EDT 09:30) How on Earth do you even top that?
(EDT 09:33) Yeah, I think that’ll do it, haha. Will they do the multiverse next, I wonder?
(EDT 09:34) Would certainly be a lovely excuse to bring some characters back…
(EDT 09:35) It seems like that kind of series.
(EDT 09:37) I’m surprised they didn’t bring the King of Games himself back!
(EDT 09:39) So, I’m wondering what the second layer of brushstrokes are for?
(EDT 09:47) Hey, that turned out quite nice there!

Well, it looks like we’re done now, haha. Thank you so much for opening your little virtual atelier for us, @DawningWinds! It was a pleasure to watch you work. You’ve very talented — as your works here and elsewhere have clearly shown — and I hope you continue drawing. And you’re welcome, @Blanc! It was a pleasure to have you around here with your encouragement, humor, and insights as well.

Last edited:
That said, I'm feeling a lot better today and hoping to get back into the swing of things! Last month I did an art stream on YouTube and I'm hoping to do another one soon, maybe like tomorrow at seven PM CST? Doing that really helped knock my motivation up a few notches last time and hopefully we'll get the same effect again? Also it was just pretty fun. I'll put the link here and in my blog when it goes live for anyone interested.
Announcement that I'm crossposting from my art thread, figured it'd be better to announce it there first this time since most of the art interested people hang out there.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom