• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Masters Tournament special preview

I literally had a thought last night, in order to mix things up - Leon should Gigantamax a Rillaboom in one of his battles.

Man this is so hype - and they’re still keeping the matchups a secret, besides Metagross dodging an Electric attack (could be Pikachu’s, could be anyone’s) and Gardevoir battling a Dragonite (which could belong to Ash, Iris or Lance)

I feel like they’re gonna do good with this.

Bruh how the hell are we seeing G-Max Rillaboom debut before G-Max Cinderace or G-Max Inteleon?
Journeys you make me sick sometimes....

Also HOP MY BELOVED BABY YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!!

Aw, Ash's old Pokemon are watching. Hey, is that Tracey? Oak finally let him out of the basement, huh?

Bruh how the hell are we seeing G-Max Rillaboom debut before G-Max Cinderace or G-Max Inteleon?
Obviously Goh's Grookey is gonna evolve twice and then Goh will beat Ash and take his place in the PWC.
Remember when people were exaggerating Goh's special treatment and were actually scared stuff like this would happen?

So Diantha is battling either Lance, Iris or Ash. Funny how you can't tell who it is since there are so many people with Dragonites in this tournament. My bet is that the Dragonite belongs to Iris judging by its facial expression. Although I hope I'm wrong since I would rather see her fight Cynthia or Lance.

Maybe the match-up will be something like this:

Iris vs Diantha
Alain vs Steven
Lance vs Leon
Cynthia vs Ash

Ash vs Alain
Leon vs Iris

Ash vs Leon

Kind of lame if Cynthia loses to Ash in the first round with her Mega Garchomp but I suppose it kind of makes sense since the Paul episode will probably tie into this somehow. Even lamer if she loses to Infernape which has type disadvantage. They are really going to make Cynthia look bad...

So Diantha is battling either Lance, Iris or Ash. Funny how you can't tell who it is since there are so many people with Dragonites in this tournament. My bet is that the Dragonite belongs to Iris judging by its facial expression. Although I hope I'm wrong since I would rather see her fight Cynthia or Lance.

Maybe the match-up will be something like this:

Iris vs Diantha
Alain vs Steven
Lance vs Leon
Cynthia vs Ash

Ash vs Alain
Leon vs Iris

Ash vs Leon

Kind of lame if Cynthia loses to Ash in the first round with her Mega Garchomp but I suppose it kind of makes sense since the Paul episode will probably tie into this somehow. Even lamer if she loses to Infernape which has type disadvantage. They are really going to make Cynthia look bad...
You can clearly see Infernape isn't even there, so I'm not sure why you're getting so miffed at hypotheticals.

Anyone else think the end of Journeys will be very emotional for longtime fans? All of these characters coming back throughout Journeys has been very surreal, and I don’t take it for granted. Regardless of what they do for the Gen 9 anime, this feels like the climax of the last 25 years of my life. As someone who was young enough to start watching from the very beginning, it feels like my life is flashing before my eyes. I love being a Pokémon fan so much right now.

That seems to be Iris’ Dragonite taking on Gardevoir to me. Can’t explain it, but it looks like hers; something from the general colouring and bulkness from it seems different.
There’s Thunderbolt’s animation against Metagross, so I’m assuming Ash is taking on Steven, unless someone else has the move.

Also, hi Hop. Nice of you to drop by. So, he’s become the spectator role, probably for the entire tournament figuring that he wouldn’t want to miss a match of his brother’s (if he even is in this universe).

I don't think it is a free for all. But it might be an early round robin. Or Ash really does battle Steven first which as a game fan, I won't mind much. Steven def has an elite stature in the minds of most of the audience

I don't think it is a free for all. But it might be an early round robin. Or Ash really does battle Steven first which as a game fan, I won't mind much. Steven def has an elite stature in the minds of most of the audience
The preview is likely all from that first "The Curtain rises" episode. It's an opening ceremony showing all the champions test their Pokémon out. The scoreboard screens are blank.

That's also why we're only seeing each character use their ace.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom