• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Plus the SwSh reveal video gave us VIDEO of the starters. We don’t even know a single thing about how these new starters move or even what they look like from a different angle. That’s kinda wild.
Consider that back in 2016, around this month, all we knew about Sun and Moon from their announcement trailer were the names (and that maybe they were settled in Hawaii even if not officially confirmed). So I guess we were pretty lucky with S/V, we got less info about the starters but we also got a better look at the region than sw/sh.

REALLY hoping next week is finally time for SV news. It has been pointed out also that there's hidden videos for Unite, with one of them obviously being Delphox's reveal. They revealed Hoopa in the Pokemon Day event, so with Delphox coming on the 6th, it would make sense to do it there. So get that out of the way and move onto a big Scarlet and Violet trailer.

REALLY hoping next week is finally time for SV news. It has been pointed out also that there's hidden videos for Unite, with one of them obviously being Delphox's reveal. They revealed Hoopa in the Pokemon Day event, so with Delphox coming on the 6th, it would make sense to do it there. So get that out of the way and move onto a big Scarlet and Violet trailer.

Agreed. It’s pretty wild that we don’t even know the region name or the official in game model of the starters at this point when SwSh revealed all of those back in Pokémon Day in 2019.

Agreed. It’s pretty wild that we don’t even know the region name or the official in game model of the starters at this point when SwSh revealed all of those back in Pokémon Day in 2019.
We didn't actually see in game models of Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey until the June Pokemon Direct in 2019. What we saw on Pokemon Day was CGI footage.

Though we said the same thing about Espeon and we're still waiting. XD

Still, hoping for it.

Granted SuMo's Pokemon Day announcement only gave us concept art and a WIP look at Pikipek's model... but the next trailer for that came sooner than this one.

We didn't actually see in game models of Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey until the June Pokemon Direct in 2019. What we saw on Pokemon Day was CGI footage.
Well, I should’ve clarified and said 3D models rather than in fake models but yes, those are what I mean. I still count those.

When we finally DO get some news, which I seriously hope is next week and they don't just wait for a Nintendo Direct and do one after it...I imagine the things we'll get will be

• An in game look at Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxley
  • Explanations about how Pokemon will function as an open world game.
  • 4-5 new Pokemon, possibly including the regional rodent, bug, early grass type, and bird.
  • The region's name and map. Please. I love analyzing new region maps.
  • Possibly some details about the whole grape/orange school thing.
The whole regional gimmick is a wild card. For Sun and Moon, we didn't find out about Z-Moves until August, though Sword and Shield gave us info about Dynamax in the first big news drop.

Last edited:
Like many have speculated, I’m certain the games will have past/future theme. Especially after looking at the clock in the trailer, I’m pretty sure its design is inspired by the Andalusian era of Spain in the past. Like the attached pic, it’s very similar to the clock from the trailer. I’m a fan of Andalusian style architecture , so I can’t wait to see all the inspiration in the games.

Attachments

• 1653648765093.jpeg
    1653648765093.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Would Volo appear through timetravel? That would make sense for Hisuian Pokémon getting into the game...
I mean he did say "I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!" so maybe he's got some eternal life situation or something.

We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.

We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.
as far as the first post-release trailers go, that was only for swsh. sun/moon was may on a tuesday. others were earlier

Last edited:
as far as the first post-release trailers go, that was only for swsh. sun/moon was may on a tuesday. others were earlier
This is true but they're also not wrong that we usually get a trailer in the first week or so of June.

But really, we've been in "can expect a trailer any day now" mode since mid-May.

Something I forgot, when comparing this cycle to SwSh specifically… really SwSh was announced in 2018 when they announced LGPE (something along the lines of them being hard at work on a brand new main entry for the Switch, at the very end of the LGPE video or whatever).

Meanwhile no one really EXPECTED them to announce SV when they did (I predicted they would, but that’s different than an expectation).

So it makes sense that they showed more during the SwSh reveal than the SV reveal. Everyone had already been waiting for like a year for Gen 8 news, but Gen 9 news was like an exciting surprise.

Back
Top Bottom