• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
It would be weird to have her appear after the tournament unless it's just a Pallet town celebration or something.
I don't know if they'll have every battle for the Master Class in a row. I'm not sure if that was established beforehand, but given how the PWC has been handled, I just assumed that they'd still have some episodes in-between the Master Class battles, especially when we probably won't see much of the non-Ash battles. That's a big reason why Misty appearing still seems more than plausible to me.

Either way I feel like if they wanted to make a visit to Cerulean Gym it would have happened by now. My guess is the writers counted the SM cameos as her recent appearance so they didn't feel the need to do the same thing again
By that logic, Brock shouldn't have come back for the Legends Arceus special. I know that they were going for some DP nostalgia, but he appeared in SM too and they still brought him back. I'm not sure why Misty's SM appearances would be considered too recent while Brock's weren't.

I don't know if they'll have every battle for the Master Class in a row. I'm not sure if that was established beforehand, but given how the PWC has been handled, I just assumed that they'd still have some episodes in-between the Master Class battles, especially when we probably won't see much of the non-Ash battles. That's a big reason why Misty appearing still seems more than plausible to me.
Given that it's going to be a tournament arc, I think it's likely that the battles will be in a single streak of episodes.

IMO this pretty much closes the door on any other old character returns unless:

1. People come to watch some matches in person

2. There's a victory celebration at Pallet Town after

Besides that it doesn't seem like Misty, Cilan or whomever will be getting solo episodes like everyone else.

Given that it's going to be a tournament arc, I think it's likely that the battles will be in a single streak of episodes.
That's possible, but I'd also be a bit surprised given how the other PWC matches were handled. This is the final stretch of the tournament, but considering that Ash isn't going to be battling everyone and Journeys probably won't end until November, I kind of expect to have some breaks in-between the battles, especially to wrap up Project Mew and do something with Eevee to wrap up Goh and Chloe's storylines.

That's possible, but I'd also be a bit surprised given how the other PWC matches were handled. This is the final stretch of the tournament, but considering that Ash isn't going to be battling everyone and Journeys probably won't end until November, I kind of expect to have some breaks in-between the battles, especially to wrap up Project Mew and do something with Eevee to wrap up Goh and Chloe's storylines.
If you consider the previous battles equivalent to Gym battles, this is basically this series's Pokémon League, which would mean a tournament arc of consecutive episodes. That's what I expect to happen, with Project Mew wrapping up later.

If you consider the previous battles equivalent to Gym battles, this is basically this series's Pokémon League, which would mean a tournament arc of consecutive episodes. That's what I expect to happen, with Project Mew wrapping up later.
The problem is that I don't consider the PWC matches to be the equivalent of Gym battles. Most of those battles aren't really treated the same way Gym battles are and the fact that they're more random encounters as opposed to specific trainers Ash needs to defeat kind of makes the comparison not work for me too. Plus, I don't know why they'd wrap up the PWC before Project Mew. The PWC hasn't been handled well and I haven't seen enough of the Project Mew episodes to comment on it, but I can't really see them stretching the majority of the rest of the series' runtime to the Master Class battles.

Oh my god, Butch and Cassidy appeared in the anime and I just found out about it now! I wonder, what else did I miss? Anyway, on the way to see the episode.

The episode was pretty cool, that classic and nostalgic nonsense that only the Rocket trio is capable of providing.

But while I enjoyed the episode, Butch and Cassidy's cameo was a little disappointing, that is, their appearance were a little too brief, lacking in detail and especially in energy. Too bad that the former members of Team Rocket didn't have the opportunity to interact with each other.

Last edited:
We got cameos from Hau and Team Skull

FTwb1p3aMAAlgqj

FTwb1p9aAAA1KO9

I think if Tracey shows up, I think Misty is a lock honestly. I have a good feeling about Cilan too. I think only the AG companions will end up not showing in Journeys. I get the issues with May but it'd be cool if Max showed up again by himself just so it didn't feel like that whole journey was forgotten

I think if Tracey shows up, I think Misty is a lock honestly. I have a good feeling about Cilan too. I think only the AG companions will end up not showing in Journeys. I get the issues with May but it'd be cool if Max showed up again by himself just so it didn't feel like that whole journey was forgotten
IMO just showing characters watching without a speaking role in a 3 second screen like we saw of Hau or Guzma in today's ep would feel insulting for old main characters.

I want to see all of ritchie, casey, zoey, may, n with concordia and anthia, misty, branden, tobias, burgundy and Georgia.

If Ash wins Brock and Misty should show up and congratulate him! They were his first friends after all. If they didn't care about him becoming a Pokémon master after all this time I would be very disappointed as an OG fan who has watched since the 90s.

- A Video Call, at least, is mandatory, as Brock can be far away due to his assignments. But, obvious, I think we would all like to see all the protagonists reappear, if not several other characters too, even indirectly, through messages, postcards and etc...

What are the chances of either Cilan, May, and/or Max making a physical reappearance in Journeys, either as a nonspeaking cameo or otherwise?
Considering that at this point, they seem to be focused entirely on moving the plot forward, pretty low unless they’re shown to be watching Ash on TV or they, by some miracl, have May appear to meet Koharu.

What are the chances of either Cilan, May, and/or Max making a physical reappearance in Journeys, either as a nonspeaking cameo or otherwise?

I think Cilan's chance is high because both Ash and Iris in M8. He has a flashback and was hinted in Ep. 106.
Moreover Cilan is a pokemon connoisseur. He makes some observations on pokemon and trainer, appraises them than advises something to develop their relationship. Koharu is looking for this kind of people. There can be some interactions between Cilan and Koharu for Eevee.

Alain might very well be the worst treated returning character in history. And it's not because he lost, it's because he got half an episode of screentime and his VA barely got any lines on top of that, oof.

Look at the respect Gary, Paul and Gladion were given in their returns, Alain was like the worst treated returning rival.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom