• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The cooking thread

The poffins, which were based off of anpan! They were a bit dense, which makes me think I added too much or too little of something. Besides that, I filled them with strawberry jam and they were delicious!
Oh my god Mari that's so amazinggggggggg!!

did you use a recipe as a source!?!! i wanna do thissss

I made crepes!!! Waking up at 8 AM was definitely worth it!! ...and I had lots of leftover batter too~

スタックした~.jpeg

手作りクレープ~.jpeg

I might make the poffins that Mari suggested tonight!! And I'll fill a few with anko as well to make them true anpan~!!

Well, since @takoyaki suggested I do it, here it is. I made my old chili recipe yesterday because I wanted to give mom a treat after all her physical therapy post-surgery. But like I said before I had to made modifications to it due to certain factors.

For starters I had to use different BBQ sauce, as the original sauce I used was discontinued years ago (A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce) and I haven't found a suitable replacement root beet BBQ sauce. So I used Heinz Sweet and Smokey Kansas Style BBQ Sauce as a substitute. Secondly I had to omit the onions due to dad being on a special diet (as there is no way he's not going to attack this chili the second it hits his house, given how gluttonous he is). And finally, usually I use either beef or bison (the latter being my preferred as it makes my chili extra healthy but it's not the easiest to find), but since I needed to double the recipe and thanks to a food ordering service I have that comes once a month I used both bison and ground wagyu to make it really special and exotic.

I've given it a taste test and it came out really good. The chili's chillin' in the fridge right now so I can keep it fresh for when I see my mom tomorrow. But, yeah, after not making this recipe for years I dug it up and decided to make it as a little treat for mom. Here's the general recipe in case anyone wants to try it.

Chili Recipe

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or bison

½ cup of chopped onions

~8 ounces of barbeque sauce

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp oregano

1 can of red kidney beans, drained

Instructions:

Brown ground beef/bison

Add ½ cup chopped onions

Add 8 ounces or so of BBQ sauce

Simmer ½ hour, covered, stirring occasionally

Add chili powder, cumin, and oregano

Add drained kidney beans

Simmer 1 hour, covered, stirring occasionally

Made some banana bread muffins! Haven't gotten to taste them but the smell super good. The banana smashing was probably not my favorite cooking thing ever but I'm definitely feeling it'll be worthwhile and the batter was otherwise fairly standard.
20220528_211252.jpg

I did A LOT!!!

So, I finally made Poffins again!!! Some are filled with raspberry jelly like normal, and others are filled with french vanilla pudding, yay!!!!

IMG_5517.jpg
IMG_5521.jpg

My personal favorites are the star ones, they're so cute!!!! And they were really tasty...I totally ate them LOL!! And they might look undercooked on the inside kinda, but I think that's just how they look??? I think they were like that before...!!

So, on Friday, I made okonomiyaki pizza again!! And I just posted my recipe in my blog...so I'll quote it here too!! The pizza was delicious, it was all gone by Monday though!! Nooooooo~!!!

fullpizza!!.jpg

index.php

I'm going to make okonomiyaki tonight!!! Hopefully it goes well~!!! :)

Cherry Cheesecake

-Preheat Oven 325 degrees
-Mixing Bowl
-Hand Mixer
-Measuring Spoons/Cups
-Pie Crust
-Vanilla
-Lemon Juice
-Cherry Pie Filling
-Sugar
-2 Eggs
-2 Pack of Cream Cheese
-Cook in Oven for 20-30 mins
-Pour the cherry filling on top of the cheesecake
-Place the lid onto of the cheesecake,put it in the refrigerator and let it cool for a few hours before eating

Time to revive this good ol’ thread!

I made honey cupcakes today and haven’t tasted any yet. The frosting’s good tho. I was inspired by classmate of mine who brought honey cupcakes to school to make these. I could’ve taken the time to socialize and get the recipe but I figured that it would be easy enough to find it online. (And I did) It was a fun and slightly chaotic experience. (I dropped a glass(?) peppercorn shaker; it didn’t break so I’m not sure if it’s glass) The frosting was also a crazy experience. I probably could’ve had an easier time if I did this when I was younger. It definitely seems like something a little kid would enjoy. Well, let’s end this rant and show the result!

6B832655-F7A3-4975-8061-1922CE3596B9.jpeg

This is probably the best looking cupcake lol.

Here’s the website of the recipe

Time to revive this thread again, haha. (How did I not post here sooner...!?)

So... one thing that I've always like to make is banana bread. I haven't made any in a while, but I noticed some old and ripening bananas just sitting around around in my fridge and I decided to get to work!

This particular time was... interesting, though, I'll say, because I don't have the usual materials for making them in the house that I'm in right now. So I had to get creative! I'm a bit worried about how it's going to turn out — I haven't actually put it in the oven yet, haha — because when I mixed the sugar and butter together, I had microwaved the later and the former kind of instantly melted on contact, oof. The mix was more than a bit loose as everything came together, too, with a spoon instead of a mixer that I usually use (because it's supposed to be so hard to deal with otherwise). That said, when I was actually done with everything, I had a little taste of the mix as I usually do and it still tasted like banana bread, so I have reason to be optimistic about how it's actually going to turn out in the oven. Wish me luck!

baku_banana_bread.jpg

An update from the above!

Because I didn't have a proper pan to put the entire banana bread mix in, I had to improvise with what I had (which wasn't much). It didn't turn out too badly considering, though; I basically just used two pans instead of one.

As for how it tasted? Well, while it probably wasn't the best I've ever made, haha, it was still pretty delicious!

baku_banana_bread_final.jpg

My friend and I are thinking of hitting the Asian supermarket a little bit away from where we live to pick up some stuff and prepare dinner at her house... any suggestions? Neither of us are picky lol

Made a pizza for dinner tonight
IMG_20240303_224516757_HDR.jpg

Premade crust but the toppings were basil leaves, baby spinach, Danish bleu cheese crumbles, and French goat cheese crumbles.

Yum. (And yes, it was a small crust - deliberately bought small crusts because I'm home alone and don't want to deal with leftovers)

Back
Top Bottom