• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Faves
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 7*

Least Faves
Gen 5
Gen 8

Meh
Gen 6
Gen 3
Gen 4
PLA

*Gen 7 has a lot of pokemon I really love, but I hate the Ultra Beasts and dex balance with a passion. Too much of the dex was legendaries/UBs/mythicals, and too much of what wasn't was single stage pokemon. It also introduced Incineroar which is one of my all time least favorite pokemon.

Last edited:
Whoops. Since I guess I kind of started this argument, I guess I'll contribute. Here's my ranking to the best of my ability:

Gen 3: I love almost every design and I like how unique most of them are. I like how it has a lot of 'abstract' designs like Manectric and Breloom that don't just look like a cartoon version of a real animal but still resemble a real animal.
Gen 6: Every design is pretty much perfection. It's only really hampered by how small a dex it is. But, it's got a frilled lizard, so it wins in my book
Gen 5: I used to hate almost all of these guys, but I've grown to love them. I've done a complete 180 on almost everyone except a couple that I still think are irredeemably ugly. My personal journey with this gen has a deep impact on how I view them. I also spent like 2 years drawing all of them on post-it notes and they now proudly adorn my bedroom wall.
Gen 1: Smack dab in the middle. Some of the designs are a little too plain, but nothing beats nostalgia.
Gen 2: All the designs are very aesthetically appealing, but the pokemon themselves are kind of forgettable. With the gen 4 evolutions, I'd put this above gen 1, but on its own, it feels incomplete.
Gen 7: Love half; hate the other half. I echo Oriden's sentiments on the gen.
Gen 4: Looking at JUST the new evo lines, I don't hate any of these designs, but I also wouldn't buy a plush of any of them. It exists. The designs I like the most are evolutions of old pokemon.
(But as a mini rant, why does this gen have 4 useless early bug pokemon? (Kriketune, Wormadam, Mothim and Vespiqueen?) None of them are badly designed, but they're also very boring. (Well Wormadam is bad)
Gen 8: Maybe I need more time to appreciate this gen, but so many of the designs just don't click with me. Admittedly, this is hampered by the fact that too many of them are mono-type pokemon and the fossils are weird and feel like they belong in a different game.

gen 3 is my top, but i also like those games/that region the most. gen 5 gets too much hate imo–the biggest problem is that most of them are just shittier versions of gen 1 mons imo. i think 4 has probably the biggest gulf of great designs to awful ones. most of the cross gen evos they introduced absolutely look like garbage and barely resemble the original pokemon they come from

1654839857258.png

New stuff from Khu soonish

He's also revealing some stuff in the replies to that tweet. When asked if Sprigatito would become bipedal he says it "stands up."

He also says that it looks like some Pokemon that didn't make gen 8 still won't be in the base game, but he's not certain yet.

The only things I really care about when it comes to Riddler Khu are his replies to others where he ACTUALLY flat out tells people info or heavily implies things rather than his convoluted riddle filled petty, unnecessary, and childish insults. Nothing wrong with liking the riddles though. Ohhh boy though...Some are not gonna be happy about Sprigatito.

Last edited:
Hahahaha Sprigatito stands up. My condolences to those that hate that, but I always assumed it would.

Eh, totally not unexpected. I hope the design is good enough to keep me from disliking it. Now if Fuecoco3 is real, then I won't really mind since that's what I'll choose whatever the case. And even if it's not at least Quaxly's typing is not bad. I don't want to box my starter for the second time in a row.

Speaking of, has anybody asked Khu about that image? I know he said he usually don't comment about other leaks, but just in case.

Eh, totally not unexpected. I hope the design is good enough to keep me from disliking it. Now if Fuecoco3 is real, then I won't really mind since that's what I'll choose whatever the case. And even if it's not at least Quaxly's typing is not bad. I don't want to box my starter for the second time in a row.

Speaking of, has anybody asked Khu about that image? I know he said he usually don't comment about other leaks, but just in case.
I tried asking about it, but he never replied. =/

He's also revealing some stuff in the replies to that tweet. When asked if Sprigatito would become bipedal he says it "stands up."
:bulbaFacepalm:
sighs I expect nothing and I'm still let down...
Might either not evolve it or switch to Fuecoco after all (if the information in question turns out to be true, which usually seems to be the case)

If Sprigatito is indeed becoming bipedal, I'm kinda hoping for a Zorro themed final evolution. It could fit with the Grass/Dark type that we'll supposedly get.
My initial prediction back in February became “Zorro” when I realized its face already has a mask. I definitely see that being the trait that links the stages together, especially with the dark typing (I predicted Steel because I thought they might combine the concept with Don Quixote but that feels like too much going on really).

People said I was wrong and pointed at Thievul, even though that’s clearly a thief and not a Zorro figure (I don’t care if Zorro means fox… that thing is a thief). Zorro is called Zorro because they are cunning like a fox, but NOT a thief like Nickit and Thievul.

The dark type can easily be tied to the secret identity, sketchy, and cunning nature of Zorro while still being a hero figure since it is a starter.

PLUS Japan loves Tuxedo Mask, just like they love The Little Mermaid, Tiger Mask, etc, so it’s only a matter of time before we get a Tuxedo Mask starter. Sprigatito seems perfect for it.

I'm totally expecting an Incineroar/Delphox 2.0 now... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: yeah they’ve totally just abandoned the monster theme for starters at this point. I guess we should expect them all to be humanoid from now on.

Please just be a joke:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom