• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

There is something I don't understand with Khu's starter riddle.
The first time the image was show was a practice for the mascots riddle. And at that time, the gear on the left was for the Pokemon on the right and vice versa.
So now, why, with the same image, everybody assumes it's the left gear for the left Pokemon and right for right?

Additionally, a bipedal dark cat as starter would be very redundant... And I could easily see PLA starters as foreshadowing the types of SV starters.

I'm totally expecting an Incineroar/Delphox 2.0 now... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: yeah they’ve totally just abandoned the monster theme for starters at this point. I guess we should expect them all to be humanoid from now on.

Please just be a joke:(
Gagging if that's the case. =_= I am so sick of humanoid starters.

There is something I don't understand with Khu's starter riddle.
The first time the image was show was a practice for the mascots riddle. And at that time, the gear on the left was for the Pokemon on the right and vice versa.
So now, why, with the same image, everybody assumes it's the left gear for the left Pokemon and right for right?

Additionally, a bipedal dark cat as starter would be very redundant... And I could easily see PLA starters as foreshadowing the types of SV starters.
It was secretly always about the starters, and we just assumed that it was referring to the Hisuian starter final evos because the pokemon were Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott. But he confirmed that it wasn't practice, which means that the gear was out of order intentionally.

If we're going humanoid, I'd rather have Grass/Fairy flamenco dancer over Grass/Dark puss in boots any day.

I still don't get why another dark cat. I mean we just had two in gen 7. Is it possible they couldn't find another type that could fit Sprigatito?

While it may be bipedal, I don't think it'll be another Incineroar. GF does try to differentiate between their Starters, especially those that are similar in species, and having another Dark type cat turn into a buff macho beast would have it overlap way too much with its predecessor. They'd probably go in a different direction to allow it to stand out in some way, and whether it's making it Puss in Boots, a Flamenco Dancer, or otherwise I think they will try to keep it from stepping on the Tiger Mask's toes.

Everything from Khu so far for anyone coming into this late (or who just would like to see the full context)-

7J11aww.png

-------------
DeJgxVt.png

-------------
tUg95sh.png

-------------
tt9EgWV.png

-------------
2xPDSJy.png

I honestly hate the idea of it being a flamenco dancer more, but I could see flamenco being Grass/Dark.
Desperately clinging onto hope that it's like Typhlosion who is both quadruped and bipedal at the same time.

Or be like Sceptile or Charizard who are still very much monsters despite being bipedal.

Please, GameFreak. Don't ruin my cat.

Desperately clinging onto hope that it's like Typhlosion who is both quadruped and bipedal at the same time.

Or be like Sceptile or Charizard who are still very much monsters despite being bipedal.

Please, GameFreak. Don't ruin my cat.
Do you know any bipedal species of cats, though? XD Typhlosion, Sceptile and Charizard are all based on creatures that normally stand up.

I still don't get why another dark cat. I mean we just had two in gen 7. Is it possible they couldn't find another type that could fit Sprigatito?
It’s extremely likely that they have a pool of starter concepts they gradually add to whenever they think of one, and choose three that (1) look great together as a base stage trio and (2) have final stages that work together with the theme(s) of the region.

So it’s nearly certain that they have had a Tuxedo Mask (zorro) concept for a while, since the character is iconic in a Japan just like The Little Mermaid and Tiger Mask are (see Primarina and Incineroar).

And then, even though Zorro is from the USA I think, the character grew up in Spain so it makes sense to pull this concept for SV.

I really REALLY won’t be surprised if they even go full Tuxedo Mask and have Sprigatito hold a rose, an evolution of the whole “sweet smells come from its front paws” concept.

DISCLAIMER: No leak yet mentions Zorro for Sprigatito, but with it going bipedal, getting dark type, the mask-like leaf shape, the sweet smells from its front paws, and looking at past examples of Japanese pop culture influencing final starter designs… heck yes I’m going all in on this one.

Sprigatito going Biped would make me happy BUT we gotta remember guys

"It Stands Up" is a pretty vague statement

Technically speaking Quadrupeds stand up

Or it could be like Samurott where it stands up only when it attacks

We don't know for sure if Khu said that as a trolling statement or not

Back
Top Bottom