• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

So, let me ask this just so I fully understand: It's not a Pokemon going bipedal that people have a problem with. It's when it becomes a "human in a suit" that people complain about, right?

That depends though, since 2 humans in suit have been popular lately (Incineroar and Cinderace).

So, let me ask this just so I fully understand: It's not a Pokemon going bipedal that people have a problem with. It's when it becomes a "human in a suit" that people complain about, right?
Yeah. There’s a lot of Pokémon that stand on two legs that don’t look like humans—blastoise, charizard, empoleon for a couple—but recently when they make starters bipedal they also make them extremely anthropomorphic

Greninja would be a better example a Popular Pokemon who went from Quadrupedal (Froakie) to Bipedal Humanoid

froakie.png
658Greninja_Dream_3.png
658AGreninja.png

And tbh I really do believe Greninja's popularity is the primary reason for why every other Starter since has been a Humanoid

Had the Frog not been as popular as it is, things might've been different

Okay, new idea; what if Sprigatito becomes our first multi-bodied starter? It would evolve into a literal Siamese cat (both the species and the twin type), which would then split upon evolution into a humanoid cat lady and a quadrupedal jungle cat working as one. Sounds perfect for a Dark-type to me, and it’s unpredictable enough for Game Freak to consider it.

Okay, new idea; what if Sprigatito becomes our first multi-bodied starter? It would evolve into a literal Siamese cat (both the species and the twin type), which would then split upon evolution into a humanoid cat lady and a quadrupedal jungle cat working as one. Sounds perfect for a Dark-type to me, and it’s unpredictable enough for Game Freak to consider it.
They would have to do that for the other two starters, though.

Y'all be over here hurtin poor Incineroar's feelings.

Go on and hate Cinderace though. Bland ass bunny.

Also if Sprigatito becomes hilariously femenine when it evolves it will be the first time I hope my luck stays poor and I get a male starter. Because good lord the troll energy. chefs kiss

that idea sounds so surprising that it could work! :unsure:
It could even be like an exclusive evolution depending on the game you have!
They would have to do that for the other two starters, though.
yes is true!

And tbh I really do believe Greninja's popularity is the primary reason for why every other Starter since has been a Humanoid

Had the Frog not been as popular as it is, things might've been different
I don't know, Charizard was and is extremely popular as well and it didn't seem to turn every following starter into a similar design.
Plus despite being so well liked GameFreak don't really push Greninja that much. It got an anime tie-in ability for Sun/Moon and that's about it. They never even made it to gen 8.

I'll give you the hoodie but monkeys and other primates also have prehensile hands (though ironically none of the monkey Pokemon have hands) so I won't count that as a human trait.

I'll give you the hoodie but monkeys and other primates also have prehensile hands (though ironically none of the monkey Pokemon have hands) so I won't count that as a human trait.
It's distinctly referencing people here, though.

And also, between that and the fabric, makes its wings very less wing-like. The only things really truly bird left about it is its beak, the shape of its legs, and the feather on its head.

As much as I'd like to see the Litten line remaining quadruped until the end, I can't say I hate Incineroar. Am I alone in this? I at first didn’t like his design but after a while, it has really grown on me, like a lot. He always seems to be getting lot of undeserved hate. I love its smug expression ((it looks better when glaring rather than grinning like it does 99% of the time) and it's personality. Also Incineroar, since it's release, has been one excellent pokémon competitively due to it's Intimidate ability and good typing. That being said, Torracat evolving into a quadruped tiger would have been better.

Back
Top Bottom