• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Nice to have confirmation that the hexadecimal riddle is not fully resolved yet. I knew the answer could not be so vague, it should point to a single Pokemon I think.
Same for the matador riddle, there has to be something more, almost nobody talked/used the fact that the bull's head is repeated in the image.

Nice to have confirmation that the hexadecimal riddle is not fully resolved yet. I knew the answer could not be so vague, it should point to a single Pokemon I think.
Same for the matador riddle, there has to be something more, almost nobody talked/used the fact that the bull's head is repeated in the image.
Confirmation?

Not surprised, though. I only cracked the type part. Didn't seem like anyone got anywhere after that, though.

Well, many people were like "YEAH, riddle solved, thank you next". Maybe now that Khu concretly said there was more, people will go back to this riddle a little.

Looking at the starters:

Gen 6:

• Chesnaught ---> Masculin Humanoid
  • Delphox ---> Feminine Humanoid
  • Greninja ---> Hybrid Humanoid

Gen 7

• Decidueye ---> Hybrid Humanoid
  • Incineroar ---> Masculin Humanoid
  • Primarina ---> Feminine Humanoid

Gen 8

• Rillaboom ---> Masculin Humanoid
  • Cinderace ---> Hybrid Humanoid
  • Inteleon ---> Masculin Humanoid (I think they also tried to make this one politically correct or a more modern idea of masculinity compared to Rillaboom. It has strong masculine traits but its pose, shiny form and coolness are meant to pay homage to the LGBT community)

Gen 9

• Sprigatito ---> Feminine Humanoid
  • Fuecoco ---> Hybrid
  • Quaxly ---> Masculin Humanoid

I'm quite sure Quaxly will be the Masculin design of this gen (I expect a design that mixes Pirates of the Caraibbean's Johnny Depp with Grease's John Travolta). Sprigatito will probably be the feminine humanoid, if the interpretation of Khu's riddle is correct. This leaves Fuecoco as the hybrid one. Let's hope it won't go humaoid, it would be the first time for a starter in 12 years!

Ummmm as a member of the LGBTQ+ community and an Inteleon fan, Inteleon is literally just James Bond. Nothing about it reads as being an homage to my community. It’s literally just “cool”, which is a common critique of the Galar starters: they’re all mono-type, humanoid “cool” types instead of being three different kinds of final forms

Yeah, Inteleon's pose and suaveness is a pretty straightforward James Bond homage.
1655117509394.png
1655117520791.png

t0pmHaq.png
nI3NPRo.png

Immediately deleted but i got a screenshot and the png
This was posted on https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/pokemon/gasprout/ but it was instantly deleted. I downloaded the png off the site too. There was nothing other than the name and the picture.

From 4chan this morning. Looks a bit too wonky to be real. Also a big coincidence they managed to catch it before it was suddenly deleted and no one else saw it. What do you think?

Ummmm as a member of the LGBTQ+ community and an Inteleon fan, Inteleon is literally just James Bond. Nothing about it reads as being an homage to my community. It’s literally just “cool”, which is a common critique of the Galar starters: they’re all mono-type, humanoid “cool” types instead of being three different kinds of final forms
Clearly Inteleon is James Bond. What I meant is that Inteleon rapresents a different idea of masculinity compared to Rillaboom/Chesnaught/Incineroar (but also Machamp/Conkeldurr etc.) which are basically body builders / macho guys in the traditional way of rapresenting strong men. Even pokemon like Lucario, Greninja and Mewtwo, which are still humanoid, despite not being body builders have a body with clear muscular details. Inteleon was a shy lizard and became cool and strong with no need to acquire the physical traits of the others, despite being as humanoid as them. It litterally has no muscles in its body. The LGBT comunnity fights for this rapresentation of men detached from its sterotypical macho figure. This and its colourful shiny form helped Inteleon to become a symbol of the Lgbt community when it was revealed. I totally remember that moment.
ddqd7lo-30600354-7ceb-4c6d-8aac-3013bfb0a86a.png

Clearly Inteleon is James Bond. What I meant is that Inteleon rapresents a different idea of masculinity compared to Rillaboom/Chesnaught/Incineroar (but also Machamp/Conkeldurr etc.) which are basically body builders / macho guys in the traditional way of rapresenting strong men. Even pokemon like Lucario, Greninja and Mewtwo, which are still humanoid, despite not being body builders have a body with clear muscular details. Inteleon was a shy lizard and became cool and strong with no need to acquire the physical traits of the others, despite being as humanoid as them. It litterally has no muscles in its body. The LGBT comunnity fights for this rapresentation of men detached from its sterotypical macho figure. This and its colourful shiny form helped Inteleon to become a symbol of the Lgbt community when it was revealed. I totally remember that moment.
The coloration celebration was because, like Primarina, Hatterene, Sylveon, etc, it shares its colors (to different degrees of exactness) with that of the trans flag.

Yes, the idea of masculinity being able to look a number of different valid ways is something that the LGBTQ+ community fights for (which also helps straight cis men with their mental health by destroying toxic masculinity, but you know whatever).

But linking that fight to Inteleon feels strange because it literally is James Bond, which has never been a figure fighting toxic masculinity, and the same kind of thing should then be said about literally every starter that isn’t buff… which means the link isn’t really there.

Yeah if anything James Bond is a pretty toxic character what with him banging all the ladies everywhere making him a symbol of WINNING HERO MAN GETTING ALL THE LADIES BECAUSE MANLINESS.

What I know of James Bond: He's a secret agent that goes by 007. He fucks. All the ladies want him. He has gun. He British. Sean Connery played him at some point. "Bond. James Bond." His movies always start with some nice tunes played over silhouettes of women dancing weirdly. I have seen one James Bond Movie. Moonraker.

Actually no.

Inteleon is a form of Masculine that's much more common in Japan than in the West called an "Ikemen"
(It's also a Big reason why it has way more fans over there compared to the West)

Ikemen are typically characterized as being "sharply dressed individuals with slanted intelligent eyes, deep husky voices, slender wrists and fingers, a tall masculine build, an unruffled appearance, pale skin, and clean smelling with an air of mystery around them. Ikemen are typically reserved with the ability to become passionate in their interests with the impression that they are literary geniuses."

Almost all of that Fits Inteleon to a T

Back
Top Bottom