• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

I would like Goodra and Druddigon. Why not? She also can use Excadrill or Emolga.
None of those are Johto Pokemon, though.

And besides, Goodra has already appeared in a relatively recent major battle under Raihan, so it's sort of unlikely that another one will be used here so soon. Even then, I'd much rather Diantha were to use a Goodra than Iris, since Goodra is Diantha's pseudo-legendary of choice in the games.

Excadrill I think we might actually see, though. But that'd still leave one slot open for another Pokemon (which imo should be another Dragon-type)

And besides, Goodra has already appeared in a relatively recent major battle under Raihan, so it's sort of unlikely that another one will be used here so soon.

I do not agree with that.
Since the creators had no problem showing Altaria twice in a row (episode 114-Drasna, episode 115-Lisia), showing another Goodra so quickly is credible for me.

Hmmm... maybe. Why not Excadrill nobody said she only uses dragons. Also, I never thought they were Johto Pokemon. That with Goodra was just an idea. I can't think of any dragon pokemon that could still use Iris that aren't overused. Oh nO i found the best Dragon Pokemon for Iris: Appletun!!!:sneaky:

Since the creators had no problem showing Altaria twice in a row (episode 114-Drasna, episode 115-Lisia), showing another Goodra so quickly is credible for me.
Yes, but I did say I'd much rather see Goodra with Diantha if that were the case.

Giving Iris a Goodra would make her Dragon-type lineup way too similar to Ash's (they both already have a Dragonite and a Gible for crying out loud), and that's something that just doesn't sit well with me. Let Iris have a more unique team with dragons from her actual home region.

Yes, but I did say I'd much rather see Goodra with Diantha if that were the case.

Giving Iris a Goodra would make her Dragon-type lineup way too similar to Ash's (they both already have a Dragonite and a Gible for crying out loud), and that's something that just doesn't sit well with me. Let Iris have a more unique team with dragons from her actual home region.
I dont wont dislike that! Goodra has a good structure.

I dont wont dislike that! Goodra has a good structure.
I'm not sure what having a good structure has to do with me not wanting Iris's dragon team to be a near-exact carbon copy of Ash's.

I left it perfectly clear that I don't want Iris to have a Goodra because she already shares two whole Dragon-types with Ash, and to me that's just boring. Diantha having Goodra is okay.

I don't think Gibble needs to be mentioned anymore! And tell me honestly: if you put a Dragon in someone's hand, it's someone like Tyrantrum who doesn't go with Iris at all. The mental character also has to match a bit.

I don't think Gibble needs to be mentioned anymore! And tell me honestly: if you put a Dragon in someone's hand, it's someone like Tyrantrum who doesn't go with Iris at all. The mental character also has to match a bit.
Dragonite is a little bit rough but it is the best Pokemon for Iris. In the series it was like becoming a dragon master in a Pokemon.
Okay, first of all, you need to stop double-posting. It clutters the pages and makes it diffucult to keep track of your replies.

Second of all, what "fits" a character is extremely subjective; you may think Dragonite and Goodra are good fits for Iris, but not everyone will agree.

Thirdly, my argument had nothing to do with "what fits". I left it perfectly clear that I just don't want Iris to have so many Dragon-types that Ash also has because I think that's boring and would much rather see her use other Dragons. That's literally it.

Sorry for spliting pages and in one point your right: We need other dragon types. But wich for Iris is makes sens. And: I dont speak of the meaning of all Pokemon-Fans. I only tell you my sight of the thing.

I agree. There was also the 23 episode gap from when Ash battled Barry's Empoleon to when he battled Kenny's Empoleon. Them bringing back another Goodra again for Ash/whomever to fight wouldn't be an outlandish thing, especially since they already have animation to reference/recycle like they are for Alain's Charizard.

I agree. There was also the 23 episode gap from when Ash battled Barry's Empoleon to when he battled Kenny's Empoleon. Them bringing back another Goodra again for Ash/whomever to fight wouldn't be an outlandish thing, especially since they already have animation to reference/recycle like they are for Alain's Charizard.
Agree, especially when we all thought Ash against 3rd and 2nd ranked before final against Leon wont be writer's choise but it did happen.
Plus it was confirmed there are mult. trainers who are uaing Dragonite/Charizard.

But for Lance, We dont know what will be their 3rd option. Maybe we can imagine what Ash and Steven will use in their match. But it makes 5 pokemon that can be anyone realy. Alain's 3rd just might be a Metagross (like Steven)? Will Iris use Hydreigon (like Lance) or Garchomp (like Cynthia?). Etc..

We do. The initial trailer showed Gyarados (Mega Evolved) while the recent trailers have shown Dragonite and Hydreigon.
I mean the othwr way around, only Lance we know for sure. Got it wrong written?

After today's Leon vs. Alain catastrophe I'm so disappointed that I start thinking it's no use if we go on speculating here... Sure it's fun but what's the use of speculating if most of it won't come true anyways because the writers just seem to give a sh** what we fans are thinking and hoping for....I doubt they even get to read this.
Sorry, I'm really frustrated today so I temporarily lost my excitement.

After today's Leon vs. Alain catastrophe I'm so disappointed that I start thinking it's no use if we go on speculating here... Sure it's fun but what's the use of speculating if most of it won't come true anyways because the writers just seem to give a sh** what we fans are thinking and hoping for....I doubt they even get to read this.
Sorry, I'm really frustrated today so I temporarily lost my excitement.
The battle somewhat suffered from not being a full episode one. The following battles won't have that issue.

The battle somewhat suffered from not being a full episode one. The following battles won't have that issue.
I can't agree here. Even a full episode isn't enough for a showdown of the strongest trainers in the world. Each battle should at least be two episodes, if not three.
Look at Ash vs. Kukui in Alola. It was a three-episode battle and that was intense for sure! You would at least expect the same amount of time being spent for each battle of "the greatest tournament in the world" (as it was described today).
Although I'm a little less angry than before when I watched the episode, I really doubt the following battles won't have the same issue. Or maybe the writers will come up with totally new and "creative" ways of messing those battles up and thus showing their disrespect for the other (real?) champions... (Sorry for the irony)

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom