• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain that a little bit further, please? As you can easily image I want to collect any information on the Queen, the wonderful Cynthia that I can get. But that background you mentioned is not quite familiar to me since I don't speak Japanese, so it's not so easy to get the connection.

Anyways, it kind of hurts me if people want Cynthia to lose against Iris.... On the other hand, rooting for the underdog is a very common behavior, so I can at least understand why people think that way. Still, I absolutely don't want it to happen! (and it won't ...otherwise...)
I'm convinced Cynthia will defeat Iris, but unfortunately, I don't think Cynthia will curbstomp Iris, either. Simply because our Queen is way too kind-hearted and supportive (another proof of her greatness!). I think this episode will be all about Cynthia secretly trying to mentor Iris and in the end Cynthia will acknowledge Iris' progress.
Nevertheless, I absolutely hope the episode will not just be an Iris-centered epiode as that admittedly very confusing title implies. After all, it's Cynthia, the one and only, who should dominate and shine in the end. :notworthy:

The problem is iris doesn't shine. They find a way to give a match to such as as axew learn outrage out of nowhere.

Axew baby learn the attack that need the final evolution in highest level imagine. It learn giga impact which are more difficult than learning hydro pump solar beam fire blast and so one.

Learn it and perfect it in first time so frustrating for sure. So this time, iris will win because the super unnatural dragon and axew fibal evolution will learn both special rend, and roar of time or one of these two attacks.

Wmolga won out of nowhere, drillbur won 99 matches when she still never reached ten tears old. The probl is that she is saying to 3 people shun nick and the third one in Ash catching krokorok episode that how they are playing matching when they are to young it doesn't make any send when she the most kid one won 99 wins before every person beating the trainers just by playing with pokemon. She beat a pokemon when she was kid hahaha cN you imagine?

So winning to Cynthia will be so frustrating miss Cynthia fans. I want 3-0 3-0 3-0

Reading some of the above posts is giving me flashbacks to 2011. It seems some people can't move on.

Its nice that Cynthia has so many fans and its cool that the first female Champion in the series is often regarded as one of the toughest, but some of you people are really going overboard. You're treating her like she's a literal goddess who should absolutely curbstomp everyone she faces in battle. Do I think Iris'll lose? Most likely since she and Ash have already battled, so more than likely the show writers want Ash to face Cynthia instead. But I severely doubt Iris'll be taken out that easily. When it comes to the narrative it just wouldn't make sense; Alain was most likely brought back to hype up Leon even more, but Cynthia doesn't need that kind of treatment, people already know how tough she is. I think Iris'll put on a damn good show, maybe even ending the battle with Haxrous vs Garchomp. Wasn't there a trailer that shows Cynthia Mega-Evolving said Garchomp? I doubt she'd go that far against opponents who don't deserve it, that'd just be overkill.

Reading some of the above posts is giving me flashbacks to 2011. It seems some people can't move on.
It’s been 11 whole years…it’s time for fans to let this grudge against Best Wishes go.

Last edited:
Some of these posts smh

There's two events:
1. Cynthia wins
2. Iris proves herself as a worthy challenger and dragon master

And guess what, both can happen in the same battle! Iris's goal as a dragon master is more about her skills as a dragon trainer and much less about beating other people's dragons. So her losing to MGarchomp is not a big deal as long as Haxorus gives one hell of a fight.

Iris shows up in m8 and I feel the same as some of you - bothering me mainly because the waste of showing us trainers that could be presenting the 7th rank and make it interesting. As challengers we know they could get into the Semis against Leon/Ash. Or at least their rank will be convicable. Maybe a trainer that we would like to see his progress, a rival maybe?

But, for me all of this thread is about ppl that can't stand the fact Iris is getting screentime. It is painful for somewhat reason other than the above. Is it because you are living the former seasons with Iris? Is it because her character? I would like to understand the point of view.

Thank God they didn't go with Alder, he would be boring as hell here and instead we get to see a former main character.

Alder? Yes ok. He has boring unova Pokemon nothing more but its bad that we dont see him in a episode in there we have seen his past and how he lost to Iris. And what Pokemon he has. I am not very sad that we see Iris but its very sus that we dont see Tobias with his two Legandaries.

So you guys want as to forget what happened in BW or ignore it all with just saying that she really improve so much.

If you are like this then we aren't like this. Do you know what mister/miss iris the worst character fans?
Look to my opinion in this quote OK then I will explain why i wrote it

She was the same and really I am waiting for Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you guys.

I wrote this because I wasn't here in that thread times or you will see my opinion really for sure. And because I wasn't saw a lot of episode until maybe 2012 and because my account wasn't Been designed so I didn't express my feeling but really a lot of people there reflected my opinion very well such as Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you guys.

I want to write Hidden Mew names with the list also but I am sure that she will not answer me or post with my post and quote my answer so I didn't write her name. I knew that she doesn't like me and like ignore my posts even if she like it such as answering my thread without answering my post in my thread so I ignored her name. Hope she comes this time and express our feeling. But I am sure that she will answer her friends post only

Outrage and giga impact were so easily to be learnt by baby axew. Hahaha? It is so funny hahaha, no it is so frustrating mister

Outrage and giga impact were so easily to be learnt by baby axew. Hahaha? It is so funny hahaha, no it is so frustrating mister
That was BW trying to make Axew look strong while keeping it marketable. Now that Iris is no longer in the spotlight, that no longer applies, so Axew has been allowed to evolve into Haxorus and learn strong moves to believably make it strong.

But what we got from BW is what we should talk about even if it is not in the same season, this is my opinion. If you didn't agree then shouganai desu.

I will let Shinneth, Hellion, Masurao and who reflected y opinion in this thread Do you think the writers are doing enough with Iris? to answer you and reflect my opinion.

I want to write Hidden Mew names with the list also but I am sure that she will not answer me or post with my post and quote my answer so I didn't write her name. I knew that she doesn't like me and like ignore my posts even if she like it such as answering my thread without answering my post in my thread so I ignored her name. Hope she comes this time and express our feeling. But I am sure that she will answer her friends post only

Judging Iris on early/mid BW is like judging Misty only on the Kanto saga, or Dawn only in early DP when she could barely win Contests, or May in early Hoenn when she was a rookie and didn't know how to battle.

It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change.

It's not fair to judge Iris solely based on BW. She's achieved much more since then.

No it is fair, from her story in BW then I thought that we will find a way to let her be the champion even if she doesn't deserve one single match.

Judging Iris on early/mid BW is like judging Misty only on the Kanto saga, or Dawn only in early DP when she could barely win Contests, or May in early Hoenn when she was a rookie and didn't know how to battle.

It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change.
No, it is not like that. Misty was better than Iris so much in Kanto saga, she didn't trained so much but she never had the favour that we so with the worse Iris. If she deserve the champion then cilan should be abo e and above.

May' the same she had a well story so it will be believable for her to change in another season because we knew that she tried her best to improve.

Dawn had the best story so they must show that she trains offscreen but they didn't. They didn't give het a new pokemon at least.

However, Iris she was the worse, the first 26 or so so on episode, she was extremely weak and doesn't know anything then buff magic she had the power to be the dragon master. She is the lid but no one tell her that but Ash without any reason been the kid. Axew learnt dragon rage without reason then puff unnatural attack that cannot learn by any pokemon only the final evolutions or second evolution but they must be high level. These two attack even much harder to learn than hyperbeam but no axew can do them even if its baby but because it has unnatural power then it can do them then give it hyperbeam, special rend and roar of time

Yes as you said, It's almost as if people can't understand characters can grow and change. But however in anime case then it is impossible because no one will think it is believable but because you are her fans then you said this

So, naming Iris over a show that was quite a long time ago (I don't know how long, but a long time) isn't fair at all. Sooo many things happened that we didn't see but still prove how strong Iris was. Right, we don't know how strong Alder was but he was still the champ. And that in a region where probably not the weakest trainers lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom