• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I’m 99% sure “regional fake” is quite simply Voltorb, Foongus, Galarian Stunfisk. A fake item aka a mimic.

Diglett is round. This one probably looks like a PokéBall from above, and when you try to pick it up, Diglett springs up out of the ground (hence why the geyser was on the right track) and attacks you for pulling on it.
I mostly agree.

However, I find it hard to believe that Diglett will have a regional form again (OK, Meowth had severals, but it is kind of a special Pokemon).
Also, Regional Forms were the theme for May. Khu started the poll with RF to decide the theme for June. It does not make sense to have the same theme twice (even if RF meant Regional Fake in the poll, if Diglett was the one supposed to be leaked, it would still also be a Regional Form), even more considering how he organized his leak calendar.

But maybe I am overthinking this, as a regional form for Diglett also correlates well with Khu retweeting the official Diglett Youtube live.

I mostly agree.

However, I find it hard to believe that Diglett will have a regional form again (OK, Meowth had severals, but it is kind of a special Pokemon).
Also, Regional Forms were the theme for May. Khu started the poll with RF to decide the theme for June. It does not make sense to have the same theme twice (even if RF meant Regional Fake in the poll, if Diglett was the one supposed to be leaked, it would still also be a Regional Form), even more considering how he organized his leak calendar.

But maybe I am overthinking this, as a regional form for Diglett also correlates well with Khu retweeting the official Diglett Youtube live.
The chronological order of things is a bit lost to me. So, the theme of May was 'true' regional forms? Not the 'fakes', correct?

If so, which rumours fall under the Regional Form theme, and which under the Regional 'Fakes' one?

The chronological order of things is a bit lost to me. So, the theme of May was 'true' regional forms? Not the 'fakes', correct?

If so, which rumours fall under the Regional Form theme, and which under the Regional 'Fakes' one?
Correct. edit: oh, forgot that the calendar indeed mentioned RF & RF for May.

• Bull and numbers riddles are the Regional Forms riddles (theme of May). Most likely the colored Upa from Steins Gate is also related to the numbers riddle.
  • Theme for June was Starters, but Khu decided to give hints also for the other items of the poll. And since at the time of the poll we were still in May, he commented on RF (but actually meaning Regional Fake and not Regional Form). Just that the geyser diglett fanart has "somehow nailed it". And the morse code was the riddle for understanding that the F from RF meant Fake.

Last edited:

May was both RF+RF, Regional Forms and Regional Fakes. The bull and water/ground were Regional Forms, Diglett was a Regional Fake.

RcdvlpN.png

I'll be happy if Khu's riddle is about Diglett not having a regional form. It doesn't need another one. Actually, I can do without it (the whole species) for the entire generation.

I wonder what Khu means with regional fakes, I hope it’s related to future forms or something..

I think it’s just a joke on the zodiac killer
I hope he does kill the Pokémon Zodiac-theory regarding the fire-starters, though.

Hate those endless discussions.

@Articfoxgamez Oh, interesting. I don't know what kind of conclusion I have to draw from that tweet; His way of talking is always a bit vague.

EDIT: This means a Girafarig-evo is hypothetically still possible! :p

Last edited:
So....i just logged on and saw that the Morse code riddle has just been solved. "F means Fake". So, regional fakes? As usual, after cracking one of Khu's riddles, we are left with more questions than answers. What does regional fake even mean?

What does regional fake even mean?
I've seen two major schools of thought, depending on which of the two words you place the emphasis on:
  • Regional Fake - Which would be referring to the "mimic" of this Gen, a 'mon that hides itself as an item only to attack you when you try to pick it up like Voltorb and others did in the past.
  • Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.
Personally I don't lean strongly one way or another. I just hope the normal Regional Variants are still in because I loved that concept.

Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.

For me, I also base this on the fact that Khu originally said it was a "riveting" new RF.

Riveting of course means exciting, but it could also be considered a pun for something that has rivets.

He emphasized his use of the word in his post talking about the diglett, so I think it should be considered a clue.

I can’t get behind the “artificial variant” concept for many reasons:

1. That leans 100% toward the future/Violet and has zero balance with the past/Scarlet in terms of new designs.
2. Miraidon is not an artificial variant of Koraidon because it’s its own species and not Regional Koraidon, meaning anything based around their concepts would also be a new species and not a variant.
2. “a riveting new RF” implies it’s not a new concept, just a new one of the RFs.

It’s a Diglett that only has the top of its head sticking out (like Alolan Diglett in the Isle of Armor) and it shoots up like geyser (in motion, not in being a water type) and attacks you if you try to pick it up like an item.

I can’t get behind the “artificial variant” concept for many reasons:

1. That leans 100% toward the future/Violet and has zero balance with the past/Scarlet in terms of new designs.
2. Miraidon is not an artificial variant of Koraidon because it’s its own species and not Regional Koraidon, meaning anything based around their concepts would also be a new species and not a variant.
2. “a riveting new RF” implies it’s not a new concept, just a new one of the RFs.

It’s a Diglett that only has the top of its head sticking out (like Alolan Diglett in the Isle of Armor) and it shoots up like geyser (in motion, not in being a water type) and attacks you if you try to pick it up like an item.
Yeah, regional forms already set a good precedent; Especially Galar (with regional evolutions) and Hisui (with the concept blurring between regional evolutions and regular, new evolutions). The latter also using Pokémon that 'used-to-be'.

This would make past-forms kind of redundant. Having some kind of new form would set a precedent for future generations, with the current one (regional forms) not even at its height yet. It would be unnecessary bloat. Would it also be temporary, like Mega and G-max forms? Or not (like regional evolutions)? Just, ugh.

I don't see it being a good idea, to be honest. Let's stick to 'normal' Pokémon and regional forms, first. Other unique forms are always welcome (Shaymin Sky Forme, Oricorio forms, etc.), don't get me wrong, but to base a whole mechanic-like concept on them, again? No, please. Enough kinds of (temporary) forms.

Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.
This seems much more interesting to me than just some pokemon that mimics something else. So I hope this is correct.

Back
Top Bottom