• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame SM for that one. They started it (which only compounds the nonsensical nature of it when Journeys kept the holders for Pokémon that had it in XY yet Pokémon from beyond it lack it).
Uggggh, you're right. I think I actually thought of SM when I was writing that earlier post. And I didn't like it any better there, either. But I guesssss the Mega Stones were placed on their heads, so that's somewhat better, right? JK, that was sarcasm. It wasn't better, not really, considering they just spontaneously appeared there on their heads when it was time to Mega Evolve, and weren't present beforehand.
I think also he shouldn't beat her. But honestly Ash has to face Leon.
Well.......Ash is much more of a match (if perhaps maybe more of one,) now for Cynthia. I don't know why people don't want him to beat her. Don't you want Ash to win?

No problem! And actually, a different version of Ash vs Cameron would go in the Rewriting Battles thread.
Once again, thank you for all your help! :giggle: Ummm, it's actually mainly battles I think that I've come up with headcanons for, since battles are my favorite part of the anime. So the latter advice you just gave me will be particularly helpful. Thanks! :)

Yeah, there you are right. When we get a silly Champ fight i will die by shame. No surely not but. When that episode goes wrong...nah i will hate Pokemon if it destroys this legacy moment.
They better do Ash vs Leon right at the very least. Making Cynthia's battle memorable and exciting wouldn't hurt either of course. I wonder, was 3v3 just the first round? And will Ash vs Cynthia involve more than three Pokemon on either side? :unsure:

That where good when they use more than 3 Pokemon. That makes it more memorable and it has higher chances to be one good battle under them.
Hopefully, Ash vs Cynthia will encompass not just more than 3 Pokemon each, but also more than one episode. After all, the best battles in the Pokemon anime are almost always the ones that span multiple episodes (Ash vs Gary, Ash vs Paul, etc.)

Realistically he shouldn't beat her. This is why Journeys is the outright worst series of the anime, plot armor is just completely way out of control now.
I don't see why after waiting 12+ years after DP concluded Ash shouldn't be able to beat Cynthia. How much longer should we wait? The year 2030+?

I don't see the problem. Champions are strong but they're not unbeatable.

Why should Ash lose? Why? That makes no sence:

1. Cynthia was the OP character in many region. He should be defeated.
2. Ash vs Leon is a must have.
3. Don't understand me wrong but is Cynthia so strong against Ash?

I don't see why after waiting 12+ years after DP concluded Ash shouldn't be able to beat Cynthia. How much longer should we wait? The year 2030+?

I don't see the problem. Champions are strong but they're not unbeatable.
It’s more because of the messy progression curve he’s gone through in these 12 years.

It’s more because of the messy progression curve he’s gone through in these 12 years.
Yeah, different people will have different conclusions as to when the curve broke but I think almost everyone can agree it happened--and the series made Elite Four and Champions too strong in gen IV, and without many opponents to bridge the gap between them and Gym Leaders/normal League winners after the post-game stopped having enough prominent trainers to use as in-between points.

And frankly I think some people--perhaps subconsciously--just don't want Ash to ever beat the game champions and would never be satisfied with it happening.

I think als the plot armor was in early seasons not so incredible worse. In JN is it light worse what the much strong trainers came out that are sometimes stronger then Ash and he must defeat there to come to Leon. I think Leons eliminates another place holder like Lance or Diantha in seconds and fights then against Ashovollo. One thing is curios: Why they make the fight between Alain and Leon so so short.

Yeah, different people will have different conclusions as to when the curve broke but I think almost everyone can agree it happened--and the series made Elite Four and Champions too strong in gen IV, and without many opponents to bridge the gap between them and Gym Leaders/normal League winners after the post-game stopped having enough prominent trainers to use as in-between points.

And frankly I think some people--perhaps subconsciously--just don't want Ash to ever beat the game champions and would never be satisfied with it happening.
I don’t think it’s a matter that people don’t want Ash to beat game champions as much as they would have wanted that, when it happened, it would be with an all star mixed team of his best Pokémon rather than just with his newest Pokémon because the writers, being inflexible with Ash’s Pokémon, only ever let the newest toys get any glory logic and fan service be damned.

I don’t think it’s a matter that people don’t want Ash to beat game champions as much as they would have wanted that, when it happened, it would be with an all star mixed team of his best Pokémon rather than just with his newest Pokémon because the writers, being inflexible with Ash’s Pokémon, only ever let the newest toys get any glory logic and fan service be damned.
Which makes so little sense since a lot of Ash's previous aces are pretty marketable, especially his Charizard, which is a fan and creator favorite Pokémon. It's just that everyone else that has a Charizard seems to be able to use it except him. I hope I'm wrong and the later episodes in the Masters 8 surprise me and Ash brings back his own Charizard, or any of his other aces, like Sceptile, Infernape, etcetera, but that doesn't seem likely unless Lance doesn't have or use a Charizard against Diantha and loses the battle against her keeping him from showing it off against Leon and Leon can't Mega Evolve his, which is unlikely given some of the recent merchandise being a figure for a Mega Charizard Y.

Welp, Imma go cryogenically freeze myself. Wake me up when this episode comes out, or if there are Silksong news in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom