• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Just curious, is the last mon of row 9 definitely Enamorus or is there any chance there's more mon's between Decidueye and them? Still holding out hope for the Gen 8 starters and Legend Trio to be available through transfer.

Tldr, what makes them 'fake'?
Based on the thing Oriden linked it sounds like you have to manually pour in water to make it do the geyser thing, as opposed to normal geysers where they can get water naturally I guess? Don't know how geysers work but usually they don't need a person to pour in water.

Tldr, what makes them 'fake'?
Just curious, is the last mon of row 9 definitely Enamorus or is there any chance there's more mon's between Decidueye and them? Still holding out hope for the Gen 8 starters and Legend Trio to be available through transfer.

Based on the thing Oriden linked it sounds like you have to manually pour in water to make it do the geyser thing, as opposed to normal geysers where they can get water naturally I guess? Don't know how geysers work but usually they don't need a person to pour in water.
Yeah, the geysers are artificially made and operated, they're not natural geysers.

And I don't think there's anything else in that last row, no. But there might still be some things missing.

Looks like people saying that we weren't getting news this week and the countdown meant nothing were right. sigh
People are jumping to conclusions because Nintendo just did a Direct Mini and is doing something for Mario+Rabbids (whatever that title is) tomorrow. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get something the day after.

Pretty sure the Visit Galar video wound up being a day later than expected so the 30th would actually line up better anyway.

People are jumping to conclusions because Nintendo just did a Direct Mini and is doing something for Mario+Rabbids (whatever that title is) tomorrow. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get something the day after.

Pretty sure the Visit Galar video wound up being a day later than expected so the 30th would actually line up better anyway.
Got my dates mixed up. I thought today was Wednesday.

I'm legit curious how many new pokemon are in this gen and I don't see why Khu doesn't just tell us. I understand why he's not teasing types or teasing what they look like, I just want to know how many new pokemon there are. Is it over 100? Are they ever going to do that anymore? Is it 60?

We got notified a day earlier for the second trailer though.

But considering we are getting Ubisoft Nintendo news tomorrow, we aren't getting Pokemon news (Since would overshadow the Ubisoft news).
We were told about some of the Legends trailers as well. But other times they randomly posted it on the same day as the announcement or ended up stealthily dropping the trailer in the morning first and then going "oh boy, trainers! Did you see that swell info? Bet you didnt expect that ;)" right after. I still don't see us getting a Presents but a random trailer isn't out of the question.

Not to mention Ubisoft is more of a general publisher showcase than just info on Mario + Rabbids. Having a third trailer or a teaser for something (Hisuian Zorua found footage) probably won't take very much away from that.

(Since would overshadow the Ubisoft news)
Am I the only one who feels like people sometimes overestimate Pokémon's popularity? Yeah, sure, it's the highest grossing media franchise of all time (emphasis on the media aka. not just the games), but their advertising has been pretty shallow as of late. SV's trailers so far have been like: here's a not-so-good-looking world, here are a few of the new characters and Pokémon... and that's about it. And some were claiming that these things would take hype away from Nintendo's other franchises? Seriously, do people actually believe that these trailers would take attention away form news on the next Legend of Zelda game? Or the next Mario game? Or Metroid? Or Star Fox? Mario Strikers getting a new entry after a decade and a half is more exciting than Gen IX. News about a new Metroid game or a new Star Fox game (as unlikely as the latter may be) would generate far more hype than anything GF released about Gen IX. Even the smallest bit of news regarding BotW 2, probably the most hyped sequel in Zelda history, would blow Gen IX out of the water.

Let's be frank, what is the next trailer gonna give us? The region name, the new gimmick, two or three new Pokémon at most (perhaps one of them might even be a regional form, if we're lucky), maybe even a small look at the story... would these things be more exacting to the general public than Ubisoft and Nintendo doing a sequel to their first ever collab? A collab that, up until that point, was considered impossible by everyone? A sequel to a game that, while mindboggling at first, turned out to be great TBT game, especially for one involving Mario characters? Sure, Pokémon fans (those that are into the games and play them, that is) are probably gonna be hyped about more SV news, regardless of how little it could be. But other Nintendo fans? Or gaming fans, in general? They'd definitely be more excited about the in-depth presentation of a Mario game, even if it has Rabbids in it, than they'd be about a short trailer for Pokémon games numbers 39/40.

Sorry about the rant, it's just... can we stop pretending that Pokémon is this juggernaut of the industry that makes even other Nintendo IPs afraid of loosing their relevance? If anything, it's the other way around. Pokémon is the one who is so lacklustre now compared to other Nintendo franchises, that it's the one that should be scared of being drowned under all the other Nintendo news.

I'm legit curious how many new pokemon are in this gen and I don't see why Khu doesn't just tell us. I understand why he's not teasing types or teasing what they look like, I just want to know how many new pokemon there are. Is it over 100? Are they ever going to do that anymore? Is it 60?

I have a feeling it'll be the highest amount we've had in a while. The rumor that there is around 5 new bug type lines + 7 humanoid lines + khu saying there were "lots of cool designs" make me think we're getting a ton of new mons this time around. I don't see why we'd be getting so many new bug pokemon unless the overall count was high in general (similar to how BW had a lot of bug lines) .

Am I the only one who feels like people sometimes overestimate Pokémon's popularity? Yeah, sure, it's the highest grossing media franchise of all time (emphasis on the media aka. not just the games), but their advertising has been pretty shallow as of late. SV's trailers so far have been like: here's a not-so-good-looking world, here are a few of the new characters and Pokémon... and that's about it. And some were claiming that these things would take hype away from Nintendo's other franchises? Seriously, do people actually believe that these trailers would take attention away form news on the next Legend of Zelda game? Or the next Mario game? Or Metroid? Or Star Fox? Mario Strikers getting a new entry after a decade and a half is more exciting than Gen IX. News about a new Metroid game or a new Star Fox game (as unlikely as the latter may be) would generate far more hype than anything GF released about Gen IX. Even the smallest bit of news regarding BotW 2, probably the most hyped sequel in Zelda history, would blow Gen IX out of the water.

Let's be frank, what is the next trailer gonna give us? The region name, the new gimmick, two or three new Pokémon at most (perhaps one of them might even be a regional form, if we're lucky), maybe even a small look at the story... would these things be more exacting to the general public than Ubisoft and Nintendo doing a sequel to their first ever collab? A collab that, up until that point, was considered impossible by everyone? A sequel to a game that, while mindboggling at first, turned out to be great TBT game, especially for one involving Mario characters? Sure, Pokémon fans (those that are into the games and play them, that is) are probably gonna be hyped about more SV news, regardless of how little it could be. But other Nintendo fans? Or gaming fans, in general? They'd definitely be more excited about the in-depth presentation of a Mario game, even if it has Rabbids in it, than they'd be about a short trailer for Pokémon games numbers 39/40.

Sorry about the rant, it's just... can we stop pretending that Pokémon is this juggernaut of the industry that makes even other Nintendo IPs afraid of loosing their relevance? If anything, it's the other way around. Pokémon is the one who is so lacklustre now compared to other Nintendo franchises, that it's the one that should be scared of being drowned under all the other Nintendo news.
If anything, Pokemon has been mocked with how outdated their higher-ups way of thinking is and how terrible the graphics look when they are in their 8th gen. Pokemon has been a verbal punching bag for a while. Just because one comment you saw, doesn't mean people on here think Pokemon is better than Zelda or Mario.

But this game looks like something new, like they are, after years, giving the people what they ask for. They're actually excited for the first time in years. So am I.

I still think the lack of news is due to the leak problem. Like way back when, Pokémon was possibly the most leaked game this side of the Pokémon Craze. People were going as far as to get early CoroCoro copies, interns, game testers, editors, social media teams, bookstore workers, and gamestore workers putting their jobs on the line to get sweet potato pictures, and hackers hacked diffrent sites just to get info before anyone else. Precieved popularity has nothing to do with it. It has a lot more to do with people breaking NDAs for clout and the higher ups trying to plug all the possible holes because they don't know where the leaks are coming from.

I fear that once the Nintendo Ninjas catch up to Khu the news and leak cycles will probably get worse. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to just announce a new generation and not give out any more info on it until it's a month out. It probably won't get that bad, but it still doesnt change that new gens will probably have a worse news cycle than the one before it due to all the leaks.

Last edited:
Guuuuuuys-

AW0MbPY.png

They have fake geysers-
Omg you nailed it. We’re definitely getting regional fake Digglet inspired by geysers! Now I can see the connection with that fanart that “nailed it” according to Khu.

I still think the lack of news is due to the leak problem. Like way back when, Pokémon was possibly the most leaked game this side of the Pokémon Craze. People were going as far as to get early CoroCoro copies, interns, game testers, editors, social media teams, bookstore workers, and gamestore workers putting their jobs on the line to get sweet potato pictures, and hackers hacked diffrent sites just to get info before anyone else. Precieved popularity has nothing to do with it. It has a lot more to do with people breaking NDAs for clout and the higher ups trying to plug all the possible holes because they don't know where the leaks are coming from.

I fear that once the Nintendo Ninjas catch up to Khu the news and leak cycles will probably get worse. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to just announce a new generation and not give out any more info on it until it's a month out. It probably won't get that bad, but it still doesnt change that new gens will probably have a worse news cycle than the one before it due to all the leaks.
How did the ninjas not catch up to Khu? He's not exactly hard to find considering his exponential rise in followers on Twitter and his.... less than charming personality. Every Poketuber that covers leaks mentions him multiple times throughout their videos.

How did the ninjas not catch up to Khu? He's not exactly hard to find considering his exponential rise in followers on Twitter and his.... less than charming personality. Every Poketuber that covers leaks mentions him multiple times throughout their videos.
Because technically Khu gets his leaks from someone else rather than being the Gamefreak employee themselves.

The thing is, how long will it be before Khu's informant gets found out and then Khu themselves? Considering the penalty that one guy got for leaving his discord open means they don't care if you're a Nintendo or Game Freak employee or not, you're still getting sued into the ground.

Because technically Khu gets his leaks from someone else rather than being the Gamefreak employee themselves.
He still takes part in leaking the information,no? If he can't be caught by leaking through riddles, he answers peoples questions plainly on stuff that has yet to be revealed to the public as well on Twitter, such as saying Sprigatito's final evolution "stands up".

He still takes part in leaking the information,no? If he can't be caught by leaking through riddles, he answers peoples questions plainly on stuff that has yet to be revealed to the public as well on Twitter, such as saying Sprigatito's final evolution "stands up".
While true it makes it much harder to find out who Khu actually is beyond twitter, and his account being private probably doesn't help much. The ninjas seem to take a while unless you are showing straight up datamines or footage from early copies.

Is Khu technically breaking any laws or anything? Don't know how it works in Japan or China but they wouldn't be breaking an NDA or anything.

Edit: Speaking of, them being from china and living in china might not help any

Difference is that Khu isn't posting any Images or In-Game Footage so he's technically safe from the Ninjas

He's just posts Riddles that are as vague as they possibly can be and while he may be giving away information, he technically isn't breaking the law

Difference is that Khu isn't posting any Images or In-Game Footage so he's technically safe from the Ninjas

He's just posts Riddles that are as vague as they possibly can be and while he may be giving away information, he technically isn't breaking the law
As someone else stated, Khu is based in China. China doesn't give a shit about Japan's copyright laws, so they are safe.

Considering how Chinese Knockoffs are a thing so common I just giggle when I see them, one could joke China don't care about ANYBODY'S copyright laws. :LOL:

Also possibility of another regional diglett being a thing:

Nooooooooooo no god please nooooooo there are so many more pokemon deserving of that slot than the pokemon who's entire gimmick is you can only see its head.

Back
Top Bottom