• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Looks like we missed a Khu post, y'all! It's a followup to the June 18th picture with all the treasures.

Since we're in Spain this time around, and this is related to the coin objectmon, it's almost definitely a hint at the Spanish real, also known as pieces of eight. There are six slices here, so maybe you've gotta catch/collect six slices to get a full coin? That'd fit with the traditional Pokémon party size.

There are also a few new tweets:
View attachment 161502
"To make it more clear, one of the gimmicks used in gen 9 was teased, nearly all of the important npcs will use it in game. The other one is the so-called new concept which will also influence battles someway. RFake is also another new concept but more like official teased memes."

View attachment 161503
"The flag thing is a new sys, tho I haven’t teased anything abt it yet, you could also guess how many types that thing is gonna have lol."

View attachment 161504
You know, an open world game needs to involve tons of new syss, gimmicks, concepts and other things to go. Or play what? Do you mind the official being riddlers themselves with trailer 1 and 2?

Looks like we've got somewhere "three types" fits into now! I wonder what that's gonna be...
Could these regional fakes have three types? I mean, if they're man-made like we are assuming them to be, people could do whatever to them,right?

1657004322496.png

I don't think we've seen any speculation about this spider-web-like pattern here. Could that be a bug-type gym leader hint?

Oh, I found another thing I haven't seen much talk about while going through the trailer:

1657004604961.png

An S-shaped lightning bolt inside of a star...could that be the symbol of the team this time around?

EDIT: oh right, it was on the big flags in trailer 2! And Khu just hinted to us that there are three types of flag...
1657005024181.png

Last edited:
Gym leader typing from Khu, Twitter ruins cropping so I will just say it in text
Gym Leader Types 40% with an image of all the Kanto Gym Leaders (Including Koga's daughter I forget the name of and Blue)
Gym Leader Types 50% with an image of all the Johto Gym Leaders
And all the E4 types are repeated, I assume meaning no new E4 type

So presumably 40% of the Kanto Gym leaders share a type with an SV gym leader and half of Johto's

Edit: Also

View attachment 161498
Not in that order, and Champion later this month!

Edit 2: Tweet has a small trick not to fall for apparently

So... we have already seen Fire. I think Ground is also a given (Especially since we have seen that area with the Geyser and Ground hasn't been a prominent Gym Leader type since gen 5, with gen 7 being on a Kahuna and Gen 6 and gen 8 skipping the type altogether on a prominent NPC. So lets make a bold prediction towards the last Kanto type being Poison. Also hasn't been prominent on an NPC since gen 5. So its time we are getting one (And no Klara doesn't count, since she is a DLC character and as such not everyone has acces to her).

People are thinking Smoliv might evolve into a Waifu mon. What if its loses its Grass typing upon evolving to become a Normal/Poison type and becomes the ace of the Waifu gym leader.

For Johto typing, i think Flying at least is a given, especially with those windmill thingies + hasn't been prominent either since gen 5. i think Steel is another one of the typings, since it hasn't been prominent on GL teams since gen 4 and E4 team since gen 6.

So that leaves 3 gym leaders, 2 of which are from Johto.

I personally wouldn't mind a Bug and Normal gym leader (Again, Normal hasn't been prominent since gen 5).

Wow, seems to be a trend here.

What if that E4 types are repeated relates to Johto and Kanto as well... but we are getting a mix for them (With 2 E4 types from each).

So... Psychic, Ghost, Fighting, Dark with the Champion being multi typed (Since it seems like that is what they like to give us lately, but with having a Psychic, Dark, Ghost and Fighting type on the team). Would also give us something nice effectiveness wise (Psychic is weak to Ghost and Dark, strong against Fighting, Fighting is weak against Psychic, weak against Dark, Dark is weak against Fighting, strong against Psychic and Ghost and Ghost is strong against Psychic, weak against Dark and has that immunity to Fighting).

The more female than males thing is also interesting.

I think 5 female GL and 3 males, with 2 male and 2 females for the Elite 4.

Another interesting thing is that based on this, we aren't getting exclusive gym leaders either, since only 12 are listed (So 8 for the gym leader and 4 for the Elite 4). If we would get exclusive ones, there would be 14 or 16.

However, if the ratio is 4 female and 4 male gym leaders, that would also mean the ration for Elite 4 is 3 females and 1 male. And in that case, the Champion is most likely male as well... else the Female>Male ratio is extremely high and i don't think they want that.

Last edited:
Yup, the dancer portrait was the only thing I could imagine being a teaser of a waifu GL.

About the Gym type, my guess is grass, fire, ground, and water. We've seen something that looks like Gym in the second trailer, the one with a windmill and flower bed around it. That reminds me of Erika's and Milo's. The fact that the fiery flag and that tower of Pisa-like structure was shown together made me think it's related to Gym challenge. And water because we have grass and fire.

Gym leader typing from Khu, Twitter ruins cropping so I will just say it in text
Gym Leader Types 40% with an image of all the Kanto Gym Leaders (Including Koga's daughter I forget the name of and Blue)
Gym Leader Types 50% with an image of all the Johto Gym Leaders
And all the E4 types are repeated, I assume meaning no new E4 type

So presumably 40% of the Kanto Gym leaders share a type with an SV gym leader and half of Johto's

Edit: Also

View attachment 161498
Not in that order, and Champion later this month!

Edit 2: Tweet has a small trick not to fall for apparently
Should we ignore the fact that Kanto and Johto gym leaders together cover 16 of the 17 existing types back then?
So, he's litterally just saying that Gen 9 gym leaders will have one of the existing types and one of them will be fairy or dark. Great news.

Am I missing something? edit: sorry I forgot how to math.

40% out of 10 Kanto GL = 4
50% out of 8 Johto GL = 5 4
5+4 = 9 and there is no intersection between the types represented in Kanto and Johto.
That could mean 1 pair of exclusive GL.

Or is it the other way around? 50% of the SV gym leader types are found among Johto GL and 40% of the SV gym leader types are found among Kanto GL, leaving 10% for another type? However, to get integers, that would mean 10 GL.
That could mean 2 pairs of exclusive GL.

In this regard, the trick in the male/female list might be the number: 12, looking like 8 GL + 4 E4, but maybe one item of the list is for 2 characters.

Last edited:
Am I missing something?

40% out of 10 Kanto GL = 4
50% out of 8 Johto GL = 5
5+4 = 9 and there is no intersection between the types represented in Kanto and Johto.
That could mean 1 pair of exclusive GL.

Or is it the other way around? 50% of the SV gym leader types are found among Johto GL and 40% of the SV gym leader types are found among Kanto GL, leaving 10% for another type? However, to get integers, that would mean 10 GL.
That could mean 2 pairs of exclusive GL.

In this regard, the trick in the male/female list might be the number: 12, looking like 8 GL + 4 E4, but maybe one item of the list is for 2 characters.
Maybe one of the gym leaders is version exclusive? Like for scarlet you'll get a male of a certain typing, but you'll get a female for the same typing in violet.

Oh, I was counting 10 Johto GL instead of 8 :ROFLMAO: I knew I was tired.
Thanks

Last edited:
What's the point of having types associated with gym leaders if it's just motocycle races in the end.

EDIT: oh right, it was on the big flags in trailer 2! And Khu just hinted to us that there are three types of flag..
Did he say three? I thought he said we could guess it. The flag thing confuses me because he makes it sound like it's unrelated to gym leaders.

My guess would be five types because the star has five points and the legendaries have five forms.... Don't know why they're typed though.

Back
Top Bottom