• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash-free episode (or at least mostly Ash-free)? :unsure:

Because him leaving the Master's 8 tourney to check on Chloe doesn't feel right...
(even though they could do just that if they want to :sick: )

Though yeah, there better be something good here. There's a could chance this will be Chloe's last focus episode (though there COULD be just one more, though I'm not sure how the pacing will work out for that), and if it's a semi-filler of Chloe and Eevee being cute and Chloe going "I'm gong to do THIS with my life!" after an awkward last minute epiphany.... :mad:
There’s always the chance that there are short periods between rounds to allow for the competitors to recoup and for their Pokémon to recover. Plus, if this does feature G-Max Eevee, Koharu would have to come to Galar anyway. So maybe Koharu comes to Galar to cheer Ash on and this happens during the downtime (plus if it is set in Galar, this could be her chance to meet Iris since she missed out on that last time).

As I mentioned before, any chance Dawn might appear here? There's still the scene in the opening of Dawn and Koharu talking that hasn't happened yet or been replaced/removed.

I really, really, really hope that the resolution to this arc is a new Eeveelution instead of Gigantamax Eevee, because I feel like the latter would be too boring (it certainly doesn't help that out of the non-Eeveelution gimmicks Eevee has recieved, the Gigantamax form is by far my least favorite), not to mention kinda weird, since every other Gigantamax form hasn't been treated as that much of a big deal, so why would this one warrant an entire subplot dedicated to its reveal? Sadly I have a feeling in my gut that Gigantamax Eevee is what we're more likely to get, since I've been suspecting (against all my hopes and wants, mind you) that we won't be getting new Eeveelutions anymore, and if that's the case, then how else would Chloe's Eevee's arc end? Oh, well, at least Gigantamax Eevee would guarantee that Chloe will join Ash and Goh, since the PWC final tournament is taking place in Galar, so that'd actually be a plus.

All that being said, though, there's actually a third possibility besides New Eeveelution and Gigantamax: Gen 9's gimmick. I think that one's the least likely of the three (especially since there's a chance, however small, that Gen 9 won't have a gimmick at all), but it's there, and would certainly be far more interesting than Gigantamax Eevee if only by sheer value of being a shiny new thing.

I wonder if Chloe might meet someone else with an Eeveelution, Cynthia is a tough trainer with a Glaceon
Chloe already met a Glaceon trainer, though, so it'd be weird for her Eevee to interact with the same Eeveelution twice unless maybe she's going to evolve into that one, but seeing how a former MC girl already had a Glaceon, that seems kinda unlikely.

It's going to be revealed that Koharu's Eevee was really a Ditto all along (the one from JN019). That's why evo stones are useless on it. "Endless possibilities" refers to it's ability to become anything without having to make a lifelong commitment. Koharu in turn becomes an actress.

Last edited:
What if Serena appears here and then goes to watch Ash
We’d have a higher chance of Leon getting disqualified from the PWC for them discovering that he was giving his Charizard performance enhancing drugs than thar happening. Besides, I’d imagine Serena is super busy now that she’s formed an idol duo with Lisia.

Wow, the first time the've got good news for us since that Leon vs. Alain mess!
I'm glad they decided to put a break between round 1 and 2 because I was honestly afraid they would cram all the Master Tournament episodes into that short time slot. Now I hope Chloe's and Go's story will be concluded first before we'll (hopefully) get a worthy conclusion of the Masters Tournament .... and above all an epic battle between Our Queen Cynthia and Ash (I personally don't care much about the inevitable final battle between Ash and Leon. As long as Cynthia vs. Ash is epic and legendary, I'm fine)

We’d have a higher chance of Leon getting disqualified from the PWC for them discovering that he was giving his Charizard performance enhancing drugs than thar happening. Besides, I’d imagine Serena is super busy now that she’s formed an idol duo with Lisia.
that would be a good comedy for me! XD

Do you think this episode being about Chloe means Chloe will be in Wyndon to watch Ash battle in the Masters 8?
Imagine all his female companions so far being there in the stadium, watching his final battle and then getting into an argument over which of them is Ash's favorite :LOL: And clueless Ash will be all like: "Huh? Mummy's the best!"

Terrible thought, does Masters have the clout to go 'hey, give us a canonical episode where Ash is warped to Pasio. Do whatever you want but it starts with Ash falling in a portal and ends with him leaving it'

I fully expect them to end this storyline on the most boring way possible.

I agree. I can predict the episode will conclude with Eevee realizing that it doesn’t need to evolve, and it’s just as strong as an Eevee (or something along those lines).

Also I feel like Chole’s interaction with Lana in the most recent Alola episode hinted that Eevee will remain as is.

Terrible thought, does Masters have the clout to go 'hey, give us a canonical episode where Ash is warped to Pasio. Do whatever you want but it starts with Ash falling in a portal and ends with him leaving it'
No, they don't have the clout.

Besides, all these old characters appearing from across the series in PM2019 more or less counts as Masters promotion. (Not GOOD promotion, but promotion of sorts none the less.)

Imagine all his female companions so far being there in the stadium, watching his final battle and then getting into an argument over which of them is Ash's favorite :LOL: And clueless Ash will be all like: "Huh? Mummy's the best!"
Serena would not participate in the argument and just smile because she is Ash’s favorite

People put to much stock in the opening to begin with. Half of the things in the opening never happen.
Almost everything in that opening happened though. We got eps for every scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom