• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Removing the Gym Challenge/Island Challenge

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Months ago, I asked how the games would change if the evil team was removed. Now, my question is this: What if the Gym Challenge was removed? How would the game change? Obviously, the player would need a different motivation for traveling the region since the Badge Quest is gone. What do you guys think?

Eventualy a completly new idea that you ply as Pokemon or ar part of the evil team.
Here are my ideas:

Playing as Pokemon
•Wild Pokemon as boss
• Trainers as boss that trie to catch you
Food searching is in my opinion a thing that makes it more realistic

Playing as evil team 1
•Fight trainers and steal there Pokemon
•Fight in raid's with NPC eventually in the M.S Anne
•Make mission's to higher your rank in the team

Playing as evil team 2
•Playing as boss and recrute more members
•Eventually online?
•Grow bigger and build an Evil-universe.
•Take care of the other teams.

To be honest, I would like a game that doesn't have gyms or the island challenge and has something completely different to shake up the formula. The question is, I wonder what they'd do? It'd probably only be a game in the past, honestly, like Legends.

A game with no gyms very likely means a game with far more freedom, you know, like most other RPGs. But there would have to be bosses of some sort, it doesn't even have to be an evil team, just checkpoints of some sort.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom