• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Legends Arceus)

How do the research tasks work?

I defeated a Buizel using Shinx's Thundershock and it gets recorded, but there's no marking on the left side's check box. The Pokédex also says Buizel's entry is complete since its Research Level 10 despite having both red background with white arrow check boxes and blank check boxes.
You don't need to complete all tasks to reach level 10, you only need to reach 10 points among all task to obtain them. The reward for reaching Level 10 in all Pokemon is the Shiny Charm and the reward for completing all tasks is an increased shiny chance on the specific Pokemon.

Task will appear green and thus won't count as completed until you talk with the Professor.

How would I prevent Pokemon from running away that I'm trying to catch and battle? I know there are items for this, but I threw a Dazzling Honey at a Combee and it flew away.

I've also been having mild trouble with moving around. Sometimes I just slow down to a crawl, I'm not even going up a slope, merely walking around Jubilife Village can cause this.

How would I prevent Pokemon from running away that I'm trying to catch and battle? I know there are items for this, but I threw a Dazzling Honey at a Combee and it flew away.

I've also been having mild trouble with moving around. Sometimes I just slow down to a crawl, I'm not even going up a slope, merely walking around Jubilife Village can cause this.

I would just simply stockpile and use Oran Berries. Berries are the universal food for Pokemon so you don't have to play preferences with the Mons, especially if you don't know their preferred food yet. And since Oran Berries are ridiculously common they're easy to gather and use. in one playthrough I already had over 200 Oran Berries before I even fought Kleavor, as I tend to horde as much as I possibly can when I can. Also, I suggest you throw the food not directly at the Mon, but near it so you can guide it to where you want it to be, such as putting it in range of your throws. Throwing it directly at the Mon will alert it to your presence and cause it to either attack or flee, depending on the species. While the various types of Cake Lures (such as Honey Cake and Bean Cake) are considered the best at luring Mons into desired spots, I prefer to simply use Oran Berries since they're universal to all Mons and only take up one inventory slot, making them easier, especially early on.

As for the movement issue, you might be having some Joy-Con drift or another similar issue. It sounds like your Joy-Cons are the problem, not the game itself. Considering my Joy-Cons are also having some issues (they cause the PC to move even when I don't want to every now and then) it sounds like you either need to get the Joy-Cons fixed or replaced, as they might be causing the issue.

eh, I actually also tried throwing food near the mons, but same thing pretty much, but I guess I could work on my aim

I did consider joy con drift, but it was fine in other games and I checked the calibration for good measure.

eh, I actually also tried throwing food near the mons, but same thing pretty much, but I guess I could work on my aim

I did consider joy con drift, but it was fine in other games and I checked the calibration for good measure.

When throwing food it's best to aim roughly a few in-game feet from it, being just far enough to divert its attention from you yet close enough for you to set it up into the spot you want it. It may take a couple of attempts to get it right, as aiming isn't easy in this game and even the slightest angle change can make all the difference, but, again, it's better to use Oran Berries for lures over the other food items since they're universal and don't require much effort to get.

That's good to hear. I'd still keep that in mind, though, as even if it doesn't affect all games it might still need to be addressed eventually, as it could be the early stages of the Joy-Cons deteriorating.

Minor addendum to what CL said, though Oran are easier, if and when you get to the point where you have easy access to a good amount of Razz berries those make Pokemon more likely to be caught when eaten, serving a dual purpose and thus it's my berry of choice.

In terms of trying to Catch them, the biggest thing is making sure they don't see you. Tall Grass and Smoke Bombs are your friend, then use berries to position them where you want, and hit them in the back with the ball of choice. If you want to Catch a pokemon, whenever possible you want to avoid them ever knowing you're there, and avoid the battle interface coming up at all, or else you risk them running away and this game lacks the abilities and moves which would allow you to prevent it. If you never catch them in the balls you're throwing, you might be too low level for the Pokemon in question, or you might need better Pokeballs.

Note that if you Do get spotted, or if you just can't get them to cooperate to where you can throw at their back, you can use Spoiled Apricorns or equivalent (Balls of Mud or Snow or Sticky Globs or whatever) to stun them, then run around to their back and they'll still be in a "catchable" status.

For Battling a skittish Pokemon, all the same stuff applies! It's just a Pokemon you'll throw into their back instead of an empty Pokeball. Catching them "unawares" by throwing a Pokemon into their back while they're "catchable" makes them skip their first turn or two, which should give you time to defeat them with the move type of choice before they can run away.

I hope that helps!

What does the little star and berry-like icons next to massive mass outbreaks mean?

If memory serves, the star icons indicate that the outbreak can gain a second level to them (in other words a new horde will form after the first one is finished, usually consisting of the Mon's evolved form, an Alpha horde, or whatnot). I'm not 100% sure but that's what happens to me whenever I go to one of those outbreaks. The berry icon indicates that you can get Aguva Berries from catching/defeating the Mons in the outbreak, which is a good way to replenish your Aguva Berry stock as the only other way to get them is via the special berry farming in Jublilife Village, and that costs 20,000 Pokedollars a pop. Hope that helps.

If memory serves, the star icons indicate that the outbreak can gain a second level to them (in other words a new horde will form after the first one is finished, usually consisting of the Mon's evolved form, an Alpha horde, or whatnot). I'm not 100% sure but that's what happens to me whenever I go to one of those outbreaks. The berry icon indicates that you can get Aguva Berries from catching/defeating the Mons in the outbreak, which is a good way to replenish your Aguva Berry stock as the only other way to get them is via the special berry farming in Jublilife Village, and that costs 20,000 Pokedollars a pop. Hope that helps.
Okay, that make a lot more sense. Thanks!

People have said that mass outbreaks and massive mass outbreaks have increased shiny rates, but I'm not finding this to be the case at all. Is there a mistake? I now have a total of five shiny Pokemon that were completely random and not from outbreaks (not including the guaranteed Ponyta). And only one from an outbreak. I thought this might just be weird luck, but it's looking less and less like that now.

I actually found two shiny Pokemon just today, neither from outbreaks even though I check them constantly.

Can Cherubi appear in massive mass outbreaks? I recall having Cherubi normal mass outbreaks in the fieldlands, but ever since the update I haven't got a single cherubi outbreak, massive or otherwise. Are they no longer in the game or am I just unlucky?

I've only just started the game basically, and I'm at the Cobalt Coastlands (third main area). My first question for everyone is what team would you recommend, because specifically, I'm looking to assemble one that doesn't consist of Pokemon that can be found in the wild (I already have a Staravia which I want to store for another Pokemon). Second question, how do you evolve Haunter in this game?

My current team: Haunter Lvl. 30, Quilava Lv. 30, Luxray Lv. 30, Staravia Lv. 28 (see before, one I'm thinking of storing), Beautifly Lv. 28 (can be found in the wild too, want to keep it though for now but may store depending on answers), and Floatzel Lv. 29.

The only Hisui specific Pokemon I have gotten so far is Kleavor, working on trying to get the others.

There's an item called Link Cable (IIRC) to evolve all previous trade-evolutions. You can found it in a Time-Space Distortion or, I believe, from that one lady in front of the training ground.

Both Luxray and Floatzel can also be found in the wild, even in the Obsidian Fieldlands. I believe Pokémon that can't be found in the wild are mostly special Pokémon (nobles and ride Poké) and trade-evolutions, so maybe that's your best chance.

There's an item called Link Cable (IIRC) to evolve all previous trade-evolutions. You can found it in a Time-Space Distortion or, I believe, from that one lady in front of the training ground.

Both Luxray and Floatzel can also be found in the wild, even in the Obsidian Fieldlands. I believe Pokémon that can't be found in the wild are mostly special Pokémon (nobles and ride Poké) and trade-evolutions, so maybe that's your best chance.
Thanks very much for this, appreciated!

I also found if you throw spoiled apricots at pokemon they will be stunned. For how long? I do not know because I mainly do it for catching.

Back
Top Bottom