• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN121: The Climax Begins! Satoshi's Masters Tournament Experience!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rushed how? If the SwSh climax and Arceus special each got 4 episodes, so will Project Mew at the very least (there should be at least 9 episodes left after the first Cynthia episode). Except there's actual build-up this time.

We typically get a break in July and another one in August. This time they extended the July break and added two clip shows, which is bad news for anyone expecting Ash to get an epic battle against Leon. But hey, we know that he's going to lose, possibly to Cynthia.

In the end, the reputation for Journeys is in shambles from wasted potentials, rushed arcs with unsatisfying or DEM resolutions, overfocus on Grookey and making him a creators pet, major baitings to draw in audiences, and now two clip shows within a month. In fairness, COVID is partly to blame for the mess we've got, and other shows were impacted as well; I'm still waiting for RWBY Volume 9, which has been delayed to 2023 from a late 2021 airing.

But hey, we know that he's going to lose, possibly to Cynthia.
I expect a 50/50 odds on Ash's battle with Cynthia, although given the writers' overuse of baiting, he has no chance of beating Leon. Heck, I expect this series to end with Leon remaining undefeated unless the writers randomly decide to bring back Tobias.

In the end, the reputation for Journeys is in shambles from wasted potentials, rushed arcs with unsatisfying or DEM resolutions, overfocus on Grookey and making him a creators pet, major baitings to draw in audiences, and now two clip shows within a month. In fairness, COVID is partly to blame for the mess we've got, and other shows were impacted as well; I'm still waiting for RWBY Volume 9, which has been delayed to 2023 from a late 2021 airing.

I expect a 50/50 odds on Ash's battle with Cynthia, although given the writers' overuse of baiting, he has no chance of beating Leon. Heck, I expect this series to end with Leon remaining undefeated unless the writers randomly decide to bring back Tobias.
Unless Leon is also the Scarlet and Violet Champion (which I highly doubt) I expect him to lose.

Then again I kinda wanna see a recap again of the PWC but clip shows are stupid and they shouldn’t take up episode slots.
It would have made way more sense for it to be done before the Masters 8 because then Ash vs Steven would be awkwardly placed in their. It’s like putting one round of playoff highlights in regular season highlights.

Where does it say they're changing directors mid-series?
It happened early last year:

Summary and partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The Pokémon World Championships semifinals are starting any minute now! But first, PWCS News will bring us an exclusive, thorough analysis of the Masters Tournament! They'll present all kinds of material ranging from analyses of the various competitors to confidential information on them! In addition, the the radio show "A Dragon Dive Into Your Hearts" will present letters from its listeners!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Who loves clip shows, I don't

All these clip shows are so grim. Timing couldn't be worse. I was okay with the Chloe episode breaking up the tournament a bit (a little reprieve between rounds isn't so bad) but three episodes away from it with two of them being clip shows? I just can't understand why Journeys loves to stop its own momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom