• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What future video games are you currently looking forward to?

I don't really get excited about video games all that much, but I am mildly looking forward to Final Fantasy 16. I'm relieved to hear it isn't open world. Unlike most people, I don't tend to like that genre because it often means an incoherent/minimal story with an empty, boring space and little to do. It looks a bit too realistic and convoluted for my liking, but it'll be fun to watch my husband play it. [I'm really only into playing old school FFs, which they stopped making after FF10. Also, FF14, but that's an MMO, so it is a bit different from the more action-heavy stuff they lean into nowadays.]

Also am quite looking forward to the Crisis Core remake that's coming out. More so than FF16, honestly. That's a more simplified action battle system I could get into. Probably the thing I'm most excited about. Yes, I'm more excited about it than the FF7 remake, since this one doesn't deviate from the original so much that it might as well be a completely different thing.

Scarlet and Violet of course have my attention. But it's more tentative and nervous about how many of Legends Arceus' innovations will be cut out, because Game Freak tends to do that.

I would really look forward to the next installment of my most favorite game of all time: Valkyria Chronicles. Sadly, it hasn't been announced yet because the current chapter isn't selling that well.
While it's not always perfect, I'd do anything to see the franchise continue.
For now, though, Triangle Strategy is not a replacement but a similar experience in some regards.

New Digimon Survive trailer dropped! I'm honestly not sure whether this is new information or not because the game's just been in "Releasing Eventually" limbo for so long but I noticed at the end that the release date is the end of the month! I'm so pumped I've been waiting for this game for literal years at this point and it's finally happening!

Just learned that there's a Mario + Rabbids sequel coming out in a few months.

The original had no business being as good as it was. Like, I can't stand Rabbids, but that game made me very nearly consider liking them.

It's the first time I am hearing about Mato Anomalies but from what I've seen it's exactly what I want: combination of retro/diesel punk and modern aesthetic, cool character designs and gritty asian noir atmosphere. I am not sure about the writing since it's a Chinese game and there is no manga level writing in Chinese games but, to be frank, I'd play it just for the atmosphere alone because it looks like all I ever wanted.

Finally, after waiting 3+ years from its announcement, I will soon be able to play Digimon Survive. My patience has been rewarded, as I just have to wait a few more days. And judging by what I've learned about this game it's gonna be a wild ride. And I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they can be a bit more clear on the Guilmon bonus DLC thing upon release, as that's causing a lot of confusion. But overall I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully it'll be well worth the wait.

Well, that makes my wallet all that much lighter between Survive and Xenoblade.

Yeaah I try to stick to one $60 game a month so I went with Xenoblade 3 this time since I've been excited for it for so long. But I do plan to get Digimon Survive next month after that's done.

Now just hoping this tracker is mistaken and I'll be getting it tomorrow like originally planned and not Saturday. This is my first time preordering a physical copy of a game for delivery.

Tactics Ogre is getting reborn once again and I am all for it. :bulbaLove:

Hearing the Ogre Battle overture there brings back so much nostaliga for me.(y)

I initially thought it might be a smooted up port of the PSP version but there seem to be more changes than I first thought; individual levels are back and I've noticed characters have significantly more hit points than in the old versions (I haven't seen anyone else comment on that part, yet).

Back
Top Bottom