• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN126: Go's Challenge! The Road to Mew!! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing Part 1 is a clipshow of Go's progress, and then part 2 has a "my possibilities to meet mew are also endless so I can take my time with it like Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master and Koharu's goal of being the second-best written pokegirl." resolution

Can't wait :wynaut:

Wow, journeys is really rushing to resolve everyone's arcs, is it? Okay, actually I'm excited to see Goh's character get some decent closure, let's hope these episodes will give Goh the conclusion he deserves.
What else are they supposed to do? This is the last Project Mew eps we knew were coming so what do you mean by rushing? I really don't understand what people are expecting, all the characters final eps happen toward the end of the series.

So I'm guessing Part 1 is a clipshow of Go's progress, and then part 2 has a "my possibilities to meet mew are also endless so I can take my time with it like Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master and Koharu's goal of being the second-best written pokegirl." resolution

Can't wait :wynaut:
If it was a clip show, it'd have a distinct title.

What else are they supposed to do? This is the last Project Mew eps we knew were coming so what do you mean by rushing? I really don't understand what people are expecting, all the characters final eps happen toward the end of the series.
That this could have happened before the M8.

Does anyone else think there might be a villain plot sprinkled in here somewhere too? Also, will this be happening in Galar, or are they going to trek back to Vermiliboring again, just to come right back to Galar? :unsure:

Does anyone else think there might be a villain plot sprinkled in here somewhere too? Also, will this be happening in Galar, or are they going to trek back to Vermiliboring again, just to come right back to Galar? :unsure:
Or maybe Goh leaves for the final PM mission while Ash waits for his match with Leon.

Well we could have had the Darkest Days plot but they wasted that without a care in the world so I don't see what villain plot that could happen now.

It makes sense for Ash vs Leon to be the final arc of this series.
Then Ash can retire and his kid can take over the reigns.
Regardless of how recognizable, profitable, etc. Ash is, I really wish they would retire him as the main character already. After all, I for one think you shouldn't have the same person be the main character forever anyway. It gets old after a while.

Regardless of how recognizable, profitable, etc. Ash is, I really wish they would retire him as the main character already. After all, I for one think you shouldn't have the same person be the main character forever anyway. It gets old after a while.
They've always found a way to bring him along for the next series. And him being super recognizable and profitable is quite an important thing for the Pokémon Company.

Man Journeys really has the attention span of a gnat (or think the viewer does) seeing as we really can’t get through 2 rounds consecutive rounds of the Masters 8 without them moving to something else.
Is it really that bad to have some down time between matches and use that time to wrap up storylines for other characters? I could have potentially seen them saving Project Mew for after the Master Class, mainly because Goh is actually a main character while Chloe sadly isn't, but saving Ash vs. Leon for as close to the end of the series as possible makes more sense. Plus, not having back to back battles would be easier on their budget and especially the animators. At least on paper, it doesn't really come off like Journeys has a short attention span. If they did go through all of the Master Class matches uninterrupted, then they probably would have been able to wrap it up this month, which wouldn't really be ideal considering they'd have to fill in time for another three months or so. Going from Ash vs. Leon to Chloe's conclusion or Goh getting into Project Mew probably wouldn't have been well received either, especially the latter. Wrapping up Goh and Chole's characters sooner rather than later makes sense, especially when they can use the remaining time after Ash vs. Leon to wrap up the series and lead into the next one without having to rush their conclusions at the same time.

To be fair, the anime is designed to attract new kids every few years. They generally aren't expecting people to watch through multiple series and for the same people to see Ash's adventures for decades. At this point, they're about twenty years too late on replacing Ash. Most series aren't really designed like Pokemon where it is plausible to keep the same main character for years. Personally, I just hope that Ash sticking around for the next series will get people to stop saying that each new series will be his last. I doubt it will since I've seen people speculating/hoping for Ash to be replaced since Johto, but it is a bit annoying to see that come up with every new generation's announcement.

I probably shouldn't have said rushing, I just meant it's resolving everyone's character arcs at a quick pace lately as this will be the second time the masters 8 is gonna get interrupted. It's just that Journeys seems to be resolving everyone's arcs all at once instead of doing it one by one like it older series, it just feels like the series is juggling character arcs at this point. It is better to get closure to an arc in the middle of the masters 8 rather than never tho, I just think this should've been before the masters 8.

Last edited:
I don't see what villain plot that could happen now.
FOYxdk9XIAQebLi

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Kalos Crisis at the start of Ash and Leon's match to fill out October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom