• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I was convinced that the Fighting E4 was basically confirmed being
the girl dressed in black with Hariyama seen in the trailer
I think its still very possible, but the girl does not quite match up with the leaked information I've seen about the Elite Four so far:

• Kaka previously claimed that the E4 have the following characteristics
    • Child
    • Teacher
    • Gym Leader
    • Female
  • He went on to say that out of these four, "Teacher" and "Gym Leader" are already "public", but "Child" and "Female" are not. This was on August 5th, after the second trailer.
    • From this, we can assume that the "Child" and "Female" E4 members have not been shown yet, so we can remove them from the equation for now.
    • I do not think these terms are necessarily mutually exclusive, which means that "Gym Leader" could also be a teacher at the school, its just that this is not how Kaka chose to define him/her.
  • Later, Khu Tweeted an image of a Man in a Suit that was seen among the school staff in the second trailer, labelling him "E4". We can deduce that this person is the "Teacher", and he has since been speculated to be the Dragon-Type member. So we can remove "Teacher" from the equation.
  • The remaining member that we can identify is "Gym Leader", which could mean the following:
    • Option A: One of the E4 is literally a Gym Leader, in which case they must be either Bug, Ice, Water, Normal, Grass, Electric, Ghost, or Psychic. However, none of these match the leaked E4 types.
    • Option B: One of the E4 is a family member or is otherwise related to one of the "Gym Leaders", which means they can have any one of the leaked E4 types.
  • Freeing this up, "Gym Leader" could very well be the Girl with the Hariyama, but there isn't anything to suggest that she is related to one of the known Gym Leaders. Alternatively, "Gym Leader" could be the Lady in the Coat next to the Man in the Suit, as she looks similar to the leaked image of the Ghost Gym Leader.

So unless Kaka made a mistake (which he does sometimes), I personally don't think the girl with the Hariyama is the Fighting E4. I think we only have enough info to know for certain that the Man in the Suit is one of the E4, and we'll have to wait for more info before we can definitively identify the rest.

Here’s a potential opening ceremony leak for worlds tomorrow from 4chan:

3F9C44A7-B562-42A7-92EE-01915DA47E8C.jpeg

opening ceremony tomorrow

'Meet the newly-discovered evolved form of Primeape, Cantankaque!'

Fighting/Ghost

'This Pokemon found peace in meditation, but its old temper still remains so be careful not to disturb it or you'll be in trouble!'

'Tera Types are coming to the Pokemon Trading Card Game!'

'Collect different typed variants of the same Pokemon to diversify your decks!'

example given is Raichu card with the same artwork and moves but with different crowns and typings, Grass, Fire and Water shown.

'Welcome to the Pokemon World Championships family, Pokemon Go!'

just a generic clip show, we're so happy to be back together etc.

Type: Null teased at the end

'The mythical Pokemon Mew joins the fight in Pokemon Unite!'

'Use Mew's Synchronize passive ability to increase the movement speed of you and your allies after using moves!'

'Mew can attack in a variety of different ways thanks to its expansive moveset!'

Seems pretty safe to me, but this would fit with their marketing strategy as of late.

Here’s a potential opening ceremony leak for worlds tomorrow from 4chan:

Seems pretty safe to me, but this would fit with their marketing strategy as of late.
Cantankaque
really doesn't roll off the tongue well, and it doesn't seem to fit the pattern we've seen lately with cross-gen evolution names like Sneasler or Ursaluna.

I think it is fake...

Cantankaque
really doesn't roll off the tongue well, and it doesn't seem to fit the pattern we've seen lately with cross-gen evolution names like Sneasler or Ursaluna.

I think it is fake...
Cantankerous + Macaque seems like two words they would combine. I mean it's awkward sounding...but it does sound like something they'd come up with.

Personally they should have gone with Ultraboon or Uberboon or something that used baboon instead of macaque if it's real. I mean nobody is going to look at the name and think it's pronounced can-TAN-kack.

Though I do suppose macaque makes sense because of this.

Last edited:
Probably meant to be a pun on Can't attack?

I had no idea what I was reading the first time I saw it, but once you hear it being pronounced it will probably roll off the tongue.

I agree that Cantankaque is a bit too much of a mouthful, and is probably the biggest thing that points to the leak being fake. If they wanted to come up with a name that sounded silly or confusing, I would personally have picked Senioape. It follows the previous evolution's naming convention, and is a logical progression as well (Prime + Ape evolves into Senior + Ape).

Cantankaque is possibly the worst name I've heard for a Pokemon. It doesn't just not roll off the tongue well, it tries to strangle it on the way out.

Not to mention the evolution for Primeape is meant to be a wise sage type character isn't it? In which case it wouldn't make a lot of sense for "Cantankerous" to be a part of it's name.

Cantankaque

I think it is fake...
Yeah, as a non-english person, I had to read it 3 times to understand how It is pronunced.

Edit. Kaka confirmed the Fairy Hammer pokemon is a 3 stages and it's also part Steel
so the 4th E4 is Steel too
The Tumbleweed evolves and the boss bird is possibly a crane.

Last edited:
So the hammer pixie is Fairy/Steel and its the ace of a now confirmed Steel type E4 member, if I recall.

So Gym Leaders are: Ice (Grusha), Grass, Normal, Water, Electric, Ghost, Bug, and Psychic.
Elite 4 is: Ground, Dragon, Flying, and Steel.
Fairy/Steel is really a dangerous Type Combo. We only have 4 pokemon with those types and they are all standalone. A 3 stages mon that is also the ace of an E4 will have high base stats total for sure, if It also has a good ability It will be a monster.

Fairy/Steel is really a dangerous Type Combo. We only have 4 pokemon with those types and they are all standalone. A 3 stages mon that is also the ace of an E4 will have high base stats total for sure, if It also has a good ability It will be a monster.
It could be a real powerhouse for competitive if it gets a good ability.

Yup. It also seems like a Fire or Ground type is mandatory on the team in order to properly beat it, since Fighting isn't gonna cut it.

Dragon being an Elite 4 type is interesting, since that means there either isn't a proper champion (Which makes sense with the multiple people being champions thing), or the real champion is multi type (Which perfectly falls in line with every champion post-Steven, with the only outlier being Iris).

Back
Top Bottom