• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Just finished Digimon Survive's truthful route.

I, until today, have not managed to finish the truthful route. I've been in chapter 5 of the new game plus for ages, without much courage to replay dozens of repeated dialogues and several pointless battles. Honestly, if more than the final chapters were different, or if it wasn't necessary to replay almost the entire game, I would have enjoyed it even more than I did.

PS: I know I could speed up the dialogues tremendously, which I did quite a bit. But with that, I miss the few new dialogues of the many repeated chapters, which also frustrates me.

Last edited:
Got a little more done in Breath of Fire 4, but not a lot because I was running around a lot. Enter the secret route to reach the next area, but I ended up backtracking to Rwolf (who is one of the game's Masters) to report getting a least a 10-hit combo (actually 13), which earned me the Plateau spell, giving it to Nina. Then I went through the secret route to the next story area. Did the annoying tag and hide-and-seek minigames that Chino drags you into before learning that Marlock saw Nina's sister, Elina, last, which the party doesn't like because he also has ties to the Empire. Now it's time to fight the game's resident chew toy, Kahn, and watch Cray grab both the Idiot Ball and Jerkass Ball at the same time when dealing with Marlock. Some leader he is.

PS: I know I could speed up the dialogues tremendously, which I did quite a bit. But with that, I miss the few new dialogues of the many repeated chapters, which also frustrates me.
Wait, they don't do like Zero Escape where you can skip all the dialogue in the next playthroughs except the ones that differ from the other routes?

FFX-2: Completed Chapter 4, and started up on the sidequests for Chapter 5. This game is pretty good actually? I'm definitely getting a lot better with the battle systems as I get more diverse and useful abilities and dresspheres, and the story's shaping up to be really good. Yeah, I'm a fan.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Started exploring the Carja Sundom. Significantly more common appearances of more varied and dangerous machines make things... Interesting. Beelined the Tallneck first, for maximum ease of navigation, and then I cleared out another bandit camp with Nil, and cleared Cauldron Rho, granting access to several more machine override codes. I also Blazing Sun'd the first trial of a new trial ground, and bought a ropecaster so that the next time I go past I can take a shot at the second two.
I, until today, have not managed to finish the truthful route. I've been in chapter 5 of the new game plus for ages, without much courage to replay dozens of repeated dialogues and several pointless battles. Honestly, if more than the final chapters were different, or if it wasn't necessary to replay almost the entire game, I would have enjoyed it even more than I did.

FYI you can go into the menu and set dialogue skipping to only do previously read dialogue. The skipping will stop automatically if it comes across a scene or line you didn't get in one of your previous runs. For the battles you can also turn on the auto-battler, which is decently competent, especially in the early chapters when you're so far above anything the game is going to throw at you. Just tell it to go full-force and it'll auto-evolve everyone who can and just walk straight up to the enemy and grind 'em into the dirt. And then you can, like, go make a sandwich or something while you wait for the battle to play itself. Makes the repeat playthroughs a lot more bearable imo.

Pokémon Sword...

I didn't think I was going to play an 8th generation Pokémon game ever, but I somehow convinced myself to try it... It's kinda fun! I've only just obtained the 7th gym badge, so I'm not quite done with it, but I have a generally positive opinion of the game. I like the reduced amount of trainer fights and the non-existent need to level up your Pokémon due to the exp. system. The dialogue is amusing at times. Hop is perhaps too enthusiastic about trying to become champion and about Pokémon battling, but it makes sense given his relation with Dande. Team Yell and Mari aren't given too much focus, but they do serve to extend the length of the story-line and are interesting. Of course, I have yet to see what ultimately occurs with Chairman Rose and the legendary Pokémon so I'm looking forward to see how the plot finally reaches its conclusion..

Finally picked up Yakuza Like a Dragon. I've only reached Chapter 4 so far but I'm loving it. The turn-based combat works much better than I thought, it's very fun and I can't wait to unlock job class switching later. Huge shame I can't drag enemies into convenience stores or fast-food shops anymore though lol.

Meant to update my progress in Breath of Fire 4 but I kept forgetting.

Did all the events with Marlok, including the annoying minigames he promotes, and got Stoll as a new Master (I purposely bought as much as I could so I'd have very little Zenny to give him, as he requests all your money in order to apprentice under him). After a boss battle with Captain Rassho--I mean Captain Rasso and his newest warrior spirit the party makes it to Imperial territory. Sadly, the party is caught sneaking around and are sent back to the Alliance in shame, with Cray needing to stand trial, as he's the leader of Worrent, home of the Worrens. Scais is our new party member who was "assigned" to the party to "keep an eye on them", but as Nina deduced that doesn't mean he was told to stop us from going anywhere, so off to Worrent we go. But first a quick pitstop at a small town where sandfliers come and go, trading the Lead Ball for a Copper Ball, picking up a few new items and gear, trading in some fish for points, and then went to a new fishing location. God, I hate fishing in this game, but I need to get enough fishing points in order to get another Master later on. After catching what fish I could the party enters Wychwood where some mischievous fairies shrank Nina and a bird mistook her for one of its chicks, carrying her off. After a "boss battle" with the Sparrow (which was a OHKO thanks to Cyclone), Nina is recovered and the party makes it through the forest without further incident. Ryu is Level 15, Nina is Level 14, Ershin is Level 15, Scias is Level 14.

Forgot to mention in my we set up a Switch and the last game was Pokémon Shield. I picked Gloria and named her my teacher. I picked a male Scorbunny and nicknamed him Usagi. I now am in the Forest. Back with HeartGold, caught Raikou and am trying to get Entei next. I got Ho-Oh lured but will catch after Entei. Leaving my Jynx that has Mean Look at the Daycare and am coming back when she has grew 5 Lvs. or Lv. 40 like my other Pokémon. I do have a Master Ball but am saving it.

Still working Breath of Fire 4.

The party tracks down Cray's mother and comes up with the plan to create a fake King's Sword that Ryu broke. First the party needs a Solid Gold Poop Fairy Drop. That means tracking down the fairies again. After liberating their home from the various nightmares and Fantam, got the Fairy Drop and crafted a new King's Sword. ...Which was all for nothing as the Empire crafted one first in exchange for seizing land at the border, meaning Cray's in deep trouble now. I kinda wish Ryu would've just thrown the broken King's Sword at them so they can see the Empire tricked them but, alas, that's one headcanon that won't become a reality. So it's time to do things the old-fashioned way: break Cray out with force. After a successful jailbreak (sorta) the party retreats back to Worent (yes, this is the actual spelling, the previous spelling was my mistake) and then it was off to talk to Cray's mother again. And now we can count Ludia as an enemy.

Nina deduces that Ryu is the reason why the Empire seized land: to search for him. So the team decides to meet up with the Wind Dragon of Wyndia. After going through the ruins and traveling through the marshland the party runs into the fairies again. Time to build up Fairy World... er... wrong series. But now it's time to start the fairy village side-quest. And it means I can now perform the hunting mini-game, which will randomly appear in "?" areas, with the rate increasing depending on how many fairies are hunting. This means one thing: free healing items! Yes, sure, don't worry, the party maxed out the food for the fairies pretty quickly, helping themselves to some of the spoils. And as a result of starting up the fairy village side-quest I gained access to Njomo, a new Master. Anyway, made it to Wyndia, did some shopping, traded in some fish for items, met and cleaned out Momo's Master Skill list, and met with the King. Now it's off to meet the Oracle of Wind so we can get the means to meet the Wind Dragon. But first a quick pitstop for some fishing in a new spot. Ryu is Level 19, Nina is Level 20, Cray is Level 16, Scias is Level 19, and Ershin is Level 20.

Forgive the double post but got some more done in Breath of Fire 4.

Met the Oracle of Wind and learned that Ryu is a dragon, more or less, but the party also learns that Scias has reported what's been going on to Ludia. Now the Ludians want Ryu to become their new weapon against the Empire. After meeting with the King the party enters the underground area of Wyndia to recover the Wind Flute (why are there monsters lurking underneath castles? Wouldn't someone be worried about them, you know, leaving the dungeons and attacking people? Meh, game logic.). After doing the wind puzzles it was time to head for the tower where the party can meet with the Wind Dragon. After figuring out those wind puzzles the party makes it to the winged gondola... only for the Ludians to show up and demand Ryu be handed over. One battle later the Ludians summon reinforcements but Scias to the rescue! Breaking his contract with the Ludians he joins the fight as an NPC. One victory later Scias rejoins the party, to Nina's delight. After getting catapulted into the sky the party meets the Wind Dragon. He confirms that Ryu is, in fact, an Endless, albeit incomplete, but he's also a blank slate right now. His powers, and therefore his future, are not set, thus depending on who controls him will determine his allegiance. The Wind Dragon takes the party to Ice Peak to go to the place where Ryu was (supposedly) summoned. One trek through the icy mountains and the party arrives at Chek. Ryu is Level 21, Nina is Level 21, Ershin is Level 21, Scias is Level 20, and Cray is Level 17.

Meant to post yesterday but the day got away from me. Played a lot more in Breath of Fire 4.

The party learns that Ryu and Ershin (or rather, Deis inside Ershin) are Endless. After freeing Deis and heading to the shrine where the people of Chek summon the Endless, revealing that Ershin is able to move on his own due to Deis' energies rubbing off on him. Accidentally grinded on some Bots (as their EXP doubles when hit with a combo like Firewind) before meeting the dragons.

Also a few scene cuts to Fou-Lu, where Mami is taking care fo him. Fou-Lo deals with a boar that became a monster due to his energies, and later destroys the fake mountain god, causing Mami's landlord to sic the Empire on him and Mami is captured while Fou-Lu escapes. The same boar sacrifices itself to open the hidden passageway for Fou-Lu, where he obtains the Serpent dragon form, and later makes it to the forest. However, Mami has been tortured and gets used as the sacrifice for the hex cannon thing, which strikes Fou-Lu, making him go mad when he realizes that she was used as the ammo when her hair bells fall next to him.

Meanwhile, while meeting with the dragons the Empire, led by Captain Rassho--I mean Rasso, attacks Chek. Ershin sacrifices himself to save the Abbess. The party returns to learn what happened, wanting to go to the hidden village to find the villagers. Ursula captures them but even she's horrified at Rasso's methods, as he tortured and murdered all the inhabitants of Chek out of petty spite. The final battle with him and his final warrior spirit ends with Ryu's newly obtained Kaiser form obliterating him in a satisfying fashion. Ursula soon joins the party. After making it down the mountain and watching Ursula and Scias attempt to hijack Marlok's sandflier he gives them the money to buy one. Several annoying minigames later the world map is now more open. After checking in with some Masters, meeting some of the dragons to gain their powers, and getting past a sticky situation with some guards, the party is now on their way to get a ship. Which leads to one of the (rightfully) most loathed segments in the game. Ru is Level 27, Nina is Level 27, Ershin is Level 25, Cray is Level 26, Scias is Level 25, and Ursula is Level 25.

FFX-2: Cleared out all the available Chapter 5 sidequests and jumped into the Kilika hole. Fought through Shiva, Anima, and the Magus sisters. I think I might be coming up on the final boss, 'cause Vegnagun is in the back of the next area that I've died in several times. But even though the random encounters have become suitably bullshit for an FFX final dungeon, the story vibe isn't quite there yet? It feels like we're leading up to something, but I'm not sure it's the final boss. I dunno could be either.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Explored the area east/south-east of Meridian, including the local cauldron, which was actually a very pleasant surprise in its presentation. Like, the cauldrons are fun on a baseline level, but I do appreciate the effort to mix up the vibes of it and keep them fresh. I entered Meridian afterwards, progressed the story and started a number of sidequests, including joining the Hunter's Lodge as a Thrush. Most of them, including the story quests, ask me to travel north into an unrevealed region, so I think I'll explore the rest of the surrounding Meridian area before heading north to do any of that stuff.

Pokémon HeartGold: Decided to just use the Master Ball on Entei. I will figure something else to capture Latias with. I’m training my Pokémon to Lv. 45 and am giving the other Pokémon the Exp. Share to level up 1 by 1 while training my first Pokémon. Am training near Blackthorn City. I think I’ll hold off on Bug Catching Contests because of my low budget of Poké Dollars.

UPDATE: I decided to catch Ho-Oh. My team was probably okay. They don’t have to be on the same level. I at least leveled them up a bit. The Quick Ball failed (which shouldn’t have since it was the start of the battle) and I worked very hard. I bought Repels to get up to the Bell Tower to catch Ho-Oh. I only had one Revive and more Pokémon had fainted but I managed to catch the Pokémon with an Ultra Ball. It was paralyzed and at red HP.

Last edited:
Taking a break from Breath of Fire 4 to try out a game I've never played before: Sly Cooper and the Thievous Raccoonus (I hope I spelled that right). I've heard of the Sly series but never actually played it when it first came out (exposure issues strike again). Since I can play it for free on the PS4's PS Plus network I decided to give it a try. Normally, I'm good with platformers, but man, Sly is a tricky game. Doesn't help that he's a one-hit wonder like Crash. I died several times in the first few levels (not counting the very first level), but I completed all the levels in "Tide of Terror", got all of the safe codes to get several pages of the Thievous Raccoonus, and beat the boss (on one try, too, though having two Lucky Charms certainly helped). Whew, I need to take a break, but I won't deny I can see Sly's appeal.

Taking a break from Breath of Fire 4 to try out a game I've never played before: Sly Cooper and the Thievous Raccoonus (I hope I spelled that right). I've heard of the Sly series but never actually played it when it first came out (exposure issues strike again). Since I can play it for free on the PS4's PS Plus network I decided to give it a try. Normally, I'm good with platformers, but man, Sly is a tricky game. Doesn't help that he's a one-hit wonder like Crash. I died several times in the first few levels (not counting the very first level), but I completed all the levels in "Tide of Terror", got all of the safe codes to get several pages of the Thievous Raccoonus, and beat the boss (on one try, too, though having two Lucky Charms certainly helped). Whew, I need to take a break, but I won't deny I can see Sly's appeal.
I might need to try this game in the future, although I might skip the 4th game... (there are... controversial issues with that game).

I might need to try this game in the future, although I might skip the 4th game... (there are... controversial issues with that game).

You can get the first three games in the Sly Cooper Collection, with Thieves in Time being separate, so you can easily dodge the latter. I intend to not play it, either, and not just because of the controversial issues it has surrounding it. Fortunately, from what I've been told, Sly is only a one-hit wonder in the first game, with the second and third games making him (and the Cooper Gang) more durable, which does alleviate some of the difficultly compared to the first game. Plus the second and third games are considered even better than the first. But it's a fun series from what I've played so far. Good characters, spot-on humor, witty script, good gameplay, I can see why it was so popular back in the day. Shame it kinda died out like its fellow PS series Jak and Daxter.

Since getting my new PC I have been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, finally.

I've fallen out of playing anything else, including FFXIV. But I want to get back into it soon because of the new update.

Back
Top Bottom