• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Scarlet & Violet Edition)

Reaction score
Welcome to the Simple Questions and Simple Answers thread! As the name implies, this is where you should ask any and all questions (Pokemon locations, evolution methods, sandwich recipes etc) pertaining to Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet. Like with the travelog thread, this thread will contain spoilers.

does this game have a regional bird and bug 3-stage line?

Welll... i don't know if we can classify them as such... because of the lack of routes.

But...
Wattrell and Kilowattrel are probably the birds that classify as the regional ones, cuz they are the only evolutionary flying family and Tarountula and its evolution Spidops probably classify as the regional bug, due to their evolution level and low BST compared to the other Bug lines

I am still debating on how to tackle the storylines. Should I go with three separate teams for each one and go one at a time? Or Should I just rotate Pokémon in and out as I go?

I'm hoping to catch a Pokemon with a unique Tera type (like Floette becoming grass type, or something). What is the earliest time in the game that you can you encounter specific Wild Tera Pokemon?

A (not-so) quick question regarding the Gym Badges and the "obedience" thing. Does the "obedience" thing affect all the Mons you catch or is it just traded ones? Because if it's the former then my Starter should not be listening to me right now, as it's level is above the Badge level limit (my starter is 44, I currently have up to Iono's badge, which only lets Mons up to 35 listen to me). Yet it's obeying me no problem, as are my other Mons (though only one is above 35 atm). So does the badge thing only work on traded Mons or is for every single one?

About Paradox Pokemon, can you catch them as much as you want, or they're only available for limited amount like Ultra Beast?

Bombirdier.jpg
Hrok Model.png

Wasn't sure exactly where I would post something like this, but anyone else get similar vibes from these two? (For reference, the second non-Pokemon bird is a Legend of Zelda enemy called a Hrok, which is able to drop boulders from its mouth to attack.) It kinda reminded me of Bombirdier, especially considering how Bombirdier's Hidden Ability boosts Rock type moves, it learns plenty of Rock moves, and it also drops things to attack. Just a little something I thought I'd mention.

Last edited:
A (not-so) quick question regarding the Gym Badges and the "obedience" thing. Does the "obedience" thing affect all the Mons you catch or is it just traded ones? Because if it's the former then my Starter should not be listening to me right now, as it's level is above the Badge level limit (my starter is 44, I currently have up to Iono's badge, which only lets Mons up to 35 listen to me). Yet it's obeying me no problem, as are my other Mons (though only one is above 35 atm). So does the badge thing only work on traded Mons or is for every single one?
From my understanding of it, it is all Pokemon, but if you have developed a bond with them (so you've had them for awhile) they still obey you. If you were to catch a Level 35+ Pokemon right now, it would not obey you.

About Paradox Pokemon, can you catch them as much as you want, or they're only available for limited amount like Ultra Beast?
From what I can tell, you can catch as many as you want. They seem to be just regular spawns in Area Zero, so they're not finite.

I'm hoping to catch a Pokemon with a unique Tera type (like Floette becoming grass type, or something). What is the earliest time in the game that you can you encounter specific Wild Tera Pokemon?
Fairly early! You can find Pokémon with unique Tera types from Tera Raids, and from occasional glowing spawns on the overworld. I don't think either of those things are locked behind story progression either.

If you're looking for something specific, you might just have to be lucky in finding it, though you will unlock the ability to change a Pokémon's Tera type yourself during the main story.

Can you do more than one mission at a time?
Yes, doing one story path doesn't lock you out of the other two, if that's what you're referring to. So you can work your way through all three of them simultaneously however you'd like.

I am still debating on how to tackle the storylines. Should I go with three separate teams for each one and go one at a time? Or Should I just rotate Pokémon in and out as I go?
(Replying to this as someone else could have similar questions) You need to make progess in the Path of Legends to unlock new ride modes for Koraidon/Miraidon and also on Victory Road to get Pokemon from high levels to obey you, anything else I think it's free. As for the multiple teams, grinding options are...different from previous generations, there are less trainers, but sometimes they can be rematched, and like in SWSH you can stack up on candies by participating in raids, so take that into account.

How do Vivillon's forms work? I had heard only one was available, but a Trainer in-game uses the Polar form, and it doesn't make sense they promote something transfer-only this early.

How do Deerling's forms work?

How do Paldean Tauros' forms work? Can you change between the three or they are just collectibles?

Do Terastalized Pokemon still get their STAB for using moves that match their original type?

Like, when I'm using a Terastalized Water-Tera type Wooper, would it still get STAB for using Sludge Wave and Earthquake?

How do Deerling's forms work?
Deerling and Sawsbuck are able to change forms again just like in Gen V, only now it varies depending on what area of the map you're in.

I think to change it you just have to keep it in your party, and when you next load the game it will be the form corresponding to the place you loaded in. I'm not totally sure of the specifics, but I recall seeing the Winter form in the snowy areas, and the Spring/Summer/Fall forms in various other parts of the region.

Some of the yellow stakes aren't loading in for me, is this a common/known bug? (I'm using a guide)

How do Paldean Tauros' forms work? Can you change between the three or they are just collectibles?

I think they can't change forms. I've heard somewhere that the version exclusive ones can only be found as the leader of a pack, so it's kinda special.

Is there any specific location that I can find a Fire Stone (excluding from the Delibird Present)? Been searching for one in the West and East Province to evolve my Pokémon, but without much luck.

EDIT: Already found one in the northern side of East Province, along the river near Levincia.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to find Charcadet? I see its icon on my map sometimes but never actually SEE one. I want a Ceruledge for my team. I do know how to evolve it. Just can't actually get one...

Back
Top Bottom