• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

The only similarity they have is they both evolve into Steel types with a Metal Coat when traded.

They also both have a Mega Evolution, both are mons that couldn't evolve in gen 1 and gained an evolution that is Steel type in gen 2.
Yeah. They’ve never been version exclusives in any main series game, for one thing.

For something to be a counterpart, it doesn't need to be a version exclusive, especially since counterparts seem to change occasionally.

For gen 1, Beedrill and Butterfree are considered counterparts. This changed in gen 6 however, when Beedrill got a Mega, and Butterfree did not.
Gligar and Sneasel are considered Counterparts. Both are version exclusives, bot received a gen 4 evolution. However, this didn't stop Gamefreak from including Sneasel line in Sword and Shield, while Gligar wasn't in, not even added in the DLC.

Onix and Scyther became counterparts from gen 2 onwards, while Pinsir changed counterpart partner from Scyther to Heracross (Both are non-evolving bug types, both have gained a Mega)

Another mon that is a counterpart is added in gen 8, but isn't exclusive to a game either, the Hattena and Impidimp line, despite this, they have the same evolution levels, which as such mimicks Steelix and Scizor, who both evolve trading with a Metal Coat and both gain the Steel typing, losing another typing in the process. However, you can make the argument Onix and Scyther aren't counterparts anymore with the existence of Kleavor

Is it just me or does recoil damage not work properly? I've been attacked by Chanseys using double edge, the game said it took recoil damage but the health bar doesn't deplete and other things don't happen either. I got attacked that way by a Chansey with 1% health and it didn't faint.

Havent gotten to play the game yet so my only opinion is that grusha is transneu rika is transmasc and iono is transfem i think. This game is full of gender juice

Is it just me or does recoil damage not work properly? I've been attacked by Chanseys using double edge, the game said it took recoil damage but the health bar doesn't deplete and other things don't happen either. I got attacked that way by a Chansey with 1% health and it didn't faint.
I’ve noticed this too

Yeah, counterparts mean nothing nowadays.

It's not an indication of DLC-additions, either.

If GF would stop to spoil the E4 members that would be great :bulbaFacepalm:

Do you mean them having us meet E4 members after we defeat gym leaders?

I kinda like that we meet them beforehand, I don't really like when you have gym leaders or E4 who just show up suddenly with no story. While I wasn't crazy about the Alola elite four being characters we had already defeated before, I liked even less the flying elite four member who just appeared out of nowhere.

The only one I wouldn't be against appearing out of nowhere would maybe be the champion, since it adds an air of mystery.

I guess to be fair, it's not like the E4 or the champion would actually be mysterious figures. Realistically, they would be like celebrities who everyone knows about.

I'ld rather prefer it if you'ld mostly hear rumors about them, like the names or stories how they defeated a really strong pokémon during a journey while being in a serious pinch already.
And if they really need to reveal them before, please come up with something better than This kid defeated another gym leader, let's meet it and introduce it to the others! - give me a serious crisis which requires the best of the best to show up to help out, but not this. It just felt way to forced, just for the sake of showing the E4 beforehand imo.
Out of all of them, the champ occasionally showing up is the only thing that I could imagine, simply based on the idea that many of the challengers would probably get stopped by the E4 before they reach the champ.

I do agree with you though, that (especially in the new "era" of the Pokémon world) they would be known fairly well.

The only one I wouldn't be against appearing out of nowhere would maybe be the champion, since it adds an air of mystery.

Now this I do completely disagree with, given that the champion is essentially the game’s final boss. It would be pretty annoying if the final boss, the most powerful trainer in the region, is some no name we’ve never even heard of before

I will say, though, that it annoys me that they have the elite four members appear, introduce themselves as though they’re going to play some role in the story, and then immediately leave. If I don’t get to know the characters beforehand, why bother introducing them? That adds no depth or characterization, and it just wastes my time

Ground could be, fire and rock not apparently. Clodsire didn't show a reaction after being cleaned, Garganacl and Talonflame seemed to like it (Talonflame's fire type is its second type only, this could matter). Gonna run a few more tests but I don't think that it's type based since it's used to increase friendship, which would lock out a lot of mons otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom