• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Very… interesting to read these sales reports. Not quite sure how to feel about it, really.

SV sold 10 million copies in the first 3 days, making it the single biggest launch in Nintendo history

Say what you will about the game itself, but this'll likely sell like hotcakes

Personally I think if it didn’t have the performance issues AND we didn’t get PLA, this game would blow so many people away.

So apparently the NPCs don't use items anymore, just in case exp share doesn't decrease the difficulty enough already
I did notice that myself. I think it's more so, they realized that the AI using healing items just makes the battle longer and more annoying than hard. After all, why have the AI heal if your Pokémon is going to two shot their Pokémon anyway? As for Held Items that are not berries, I think it's more of a fair play type of thing as opposed to wanting to decrease the difficulty?

I did notice that myself. I think it's more so, they realized that the AI using healing items just makes the battle longer and more annoying than hard. After all, why have the AI heal if your Pokémon is going to two shot their Pokémon anyway?
Fair enough I guess, just felt a little odd when I first noticed it
As for Held Items that are not berries, I think it's more of a fair play type of thing as opposed to wanting to decrease the difficulty?
NPCs (besides BDSP) used hold items other than berries outside of battle facilities? :oops:
Guess one can always learn something new ^^
I do remember someone using a focus sash, but iirc it was to show the player the focus sash in practice.

Fair enough I guess, just felt a little odd when I first noticed it

NPCs (besides BDSP) used hold items other than berries outside of battle facilities? :oops:
Guess one can always learn something new ^^
I do remember someone using a focus sash, but iirc it was to show the player the focus sash in practice.
I think Charen in Black and White (not sure about Black 2 and White 2) used Held Items other than berries. I could be wrong though.

Ground could be, fire and rock not apparently. Clodsire didn't show a reaction after being cleaned, Garganacl and Talonflame seemed to like it (Talonflame's fire type is its second type only, this could matter). Gonna run a few more tests but I don't think that it's type based since it's used to increase friendship, which would lock out a lot of mons otherwise.

I feel like I had a Pokemon get upset once when I was washing them but they only got upset once and never again after that.

Maybe it has to do with if you're doing it for too long or maybe Pokemon you have low friendship with are more likely to get upset?

I haven't used the picnic feature that often during my playthrough though.

Apparently there are certain spots they don't like get touched iirc, similar to petting certain spots in Gen 6/7.

Also, I know that there's not much data about them and stuff, but man, those paradox mon dex entries are kinda disappointing.
Most of the 'lore' on the Paradox Pokémon is actually in the magazines/books on the shelves of the university.

Chances are the Paradox Pokémon might not even be from a 'real' past/future, but created from the imagery from those books by the mysterious Legendary Pokémon who's also responsible for the Terastal crystals.

Chances are the Paradox Pokémon might not even be from a 'real' past/future, but created from the imagery from those books by the mysterious Legendary Pokémon who's also responsible for the Terastal crystals.
If that's true than they did the right thing by calling them Paradox

You know who could really use an evolution, = Heliolisk. Palafin is uber Water, but Palafin cannot learn Earthquake or any Ground-type move. So Electric is the way to counter Palafin. Then, there's Houndstone, who can know an uber Ghost type move if he is the last pokemon(s) surviving. To counter that you would need a Normal type. So to counter those 2 Pokemon together, = Electric/Normal, so would be amazing if Heliolisk was given an evolution in the next DLC.

Back
Top Bottom