• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Team Rocket Expedition which stands by the evils of love and truth

I guess we will have these shorts to promote Paldea for a while.

Yoshizaku Miyayo tweeted about a new Prokemon Project implying to be about Paldea (due to the images). However, considering he neeeded to erase the tweet, this project is likely still a few months away from its premiere.

I guess we will have these shorts to promote Paldea for a while.

Yoshizaku Miyayo tweeted about a new Prokemon Project implying to be about Paldea (due to the images). However, considering he neeeded to erase the tweet, this project is likely still a few months away from its premiere.
Or the information wasn't supposed to be tweeted before an official reveal. That's my theory.

Or the information wasn't supposed to be tweeted before an official reveal. That's my theory.
Even so, the official reveal of a S/V season would be roughly two months before the premiere (since they would promote this new season). Not to mention that we would have some hints before the official reveal.

If it's too early to reveal a hint about a new Pokemon project, that means the new project is about three months away from its premiere (at least).

Last edited:
This came out alongside today's episode:

Heh, Meowth with that pokéball is still a funny sight. Now I can't stop imagining him as a pokémon trainer in an area. :p

Makes me wonder though, how hard has a pokéball has to touch a wild pokémon to activate the capture mechanism in the anime. We've seen pokémon being caught after gently touching a pokéball in the past. But here, Meowth seem to be fine. (And I don't think he took Wobbuffet's pokéball just for show.)

Edit: after rewatching I saw TRio, including Meowth, have gloves on, so the pokéball isn't touching him. A nice thought of the writers/storyboarders/staff if it was intentional.

Last edited:
That was pretty cute. I wasn't expecting them to have little shorts for Paldea. At least we already see how Sprigatito looks in the anime and I assume that they'll have two more to feature Fuecoco and Quaxly.
With two confirmed episodes left to go before Journeys end, that seems very likely

Well...that's one way to bring Paldea elements into the Show.

Let's just pray to Arceus it's not the ONLY way. I feel like I speak for a lot of people when I say I don't want Paldea screwed over the way Galar was...

Well...that's one way to bring Paldea elements into the Show.

Let's just pray to Arceus it's not the ONLY way. I feel like I speak for a lot of people when I say I don't want Paldea screwed over the way Galar was...
Hoping the same. The treatment Galar got was abysmal. Paldea is a wonderful region full of charming characters and great Pokemon. It doesn't deserve the same.

This worries me. It feels like they will continue Journeys and just add SV elements to the mix. I want the new anime to only focus on Paldea.

I also hope that we will get an actual female protagonist this time. If Penny is in the anime they could use her for the Eevee promotion instead, no need to sacrifice another girl character for the sake of selling Eevee merchandise to kids and their Genwunner parents lol.

This worries me. It feels like they will continue Journeys and just add SV elements to the mix. I want the new anime to only focus on Paldea.

I also hope that we will get an actual female protagonist this time. If Penny is in the anime they could use her for the Eevee promotion instead, no need to sacrifice another girl character for the sake of selling Eevee merchandise to kids and their Genwunner parents lol.
I can understand that concern given that this is the first Paldea related content from the anime, but I'm pretty positive that Journeys is going to be ending soon. They've already wrapped up the storylines for Ash and Chloe and they should be wrapping up Goh's Project Mew storyline soon. There isn't much left for them to do with Journeys story-wise, so it seems unlikely to me that they'd just continue Journeys with some Paldea trips thrown into the mix when all of the main storylines are over or close to being over.

I do hope that we'll get a proper female lead too. I like Chloe and despite the issues I have with how she was handled, I would still say she was a highlight of Journeys. That being said, not having a proper female lead felt like such a backward step for the anime that it still baffles me. Chloe really should have become a proper main character once she became a trainer too.

I think what might happen is that this series will still end, but there'll be a proper setup for the next one like BW ending with Ash heading to Kalos and SM ending with Ash taking Olivia's advice and deciding to travel around the world.

Last edited:
I love that Sprigatito was the first Paldea Pokemon to debut in anime, considering how the anime treated the previous grass starter.

If I am not mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong), this is the first time that Team Rocket arrives to the new region before Ash (assuming he will be in the Gen 9 anime).

I'm really hoping Team Rocket has a real purpose this generation of anime. Maybe they will encounter Team Star, and decide to take on all the Team Star bases. That will give them a purpose and a goal in the anime, and some wins too.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom