• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Geeta?

Reaction score
I was really intrigued by her design when she was first introduced in the trailers, as well as excited by the prospect of more Indian representation (at least if her English name is anything to go by; her Japanese name is Omodaka). That's why it makes me really sad to see all the dialogue revolving around her being "the worst champion ever".

The layout of her team, to me, feels like either an oversight on the dev's part or a way to make sure she doesn't overshadow Nemona as the true final battle. Listening to everyone's comments on team order I feel they are justified; it's a broken record at this point but Glimmora first as a setter and Kingambit last just makes perfect sense. That being said, I must not have had the optimal team because my battle with her was definitely not a cakewalk. I still won, but 3 or 4 of my Pokemon fainted in the process. Lastly, some comments out there are suggesting something more sinister with her and that the weak team connects to it; I'm not buying it.

I'm fine with her, I just don't like her eyes. They're too big and bug-like imo. Should've just sized them down a bit and she looks absolutely fine. She also looks related to that one Sinnoh Frontier Brain, Dahlia.

She gave me some problems, but that was probably because my team was under leveled more than anything else.

A supposedly champion level trainer such as herself shouldn't be using stuff like Avalugg and Gogoat. Like, mono Grass and Ice types are riddled with weaknesses to start with, and Avalugg in particular is not a great Ice type in general. Literally all you need to do to take it out is select a moderately fast, specially attacking Fire type, click Flamethrower, aaaand it's dead.

Last edited:
She's honestly alright as a character, but not very memorable as a Champion. Her team isn't that interesting. I mean I feel like you could have picked anything over Gogoat and Avalugg. Plus, two Pokemon she has really aren't utilized to their full potential. Glimmora leading would have made things more interesting given the Toxic Spikes that thing can set up. Plus, Kingambit's placement doesn't allow for its ability Supreme Overlord to be taken advantage of. She could have been a real challenge if that happened.

Wow she was pretty easy. I beat her with 3 mons (grimmsnarl for the lead, Skeledirge swept then Pawmot finished off). Surprised how good fire does against her. Her ace was really underwhelming to me. She also felt generic imo. But Nemona felt like the true champion battle anyway which I think delivered

Wow she was pretty easy. I beat her with 3 mons (grimmsnarl for the lead, Skeledirge swept then Pawmot finished off). Surprised how good fire does against her. Her ace was really underwhelming to me. She also felt generic imo. But Nemona felt like the true champion battle anyway which I think delivered
A Pawmot alone can probably easily sweep Geeta.

She's...alright, I guess? Not the worst Champion we have but nowhere close to the best. I think they try and play her up to be more than she actually is, and they wait until the postgame to try and develop her a little further. I think it's interesting that she uses a Crater Pokemon as her signature, though it would be more fun if she used it more effectively.

I usually don’t like to share my thoughts and opinions too heavily, but I figured I’d put my feelings somewhere. Reiterating the common mutual feelings about her team aside, I don’t think Geeta is the worst champion in terms of characterization… but it feels like she fell just short of being actually impactful.

Geeta’s design absolutely nails a nice palette and overall really interesting features that add to that “mysterious” vibe she has.

But that’s the thing though, is Geeta gives off this aura of being both an imposing and mysterious presence, but… that curiosity is never fulfilled. Why does she use Pokemon from Area Zero? What is her personal interest in the area? Besides being La Primera, who is she really? It doesn’t really help that the Elite Four this region was absolutely bursting with different personality and dynamics and I absolutely loved it… but Geeta doesn’t really bring anything to the table as anymore than being a mighty figurehead.

I agree with Battista’s opening statement that Geeta was probably watered down both in team and presence to make Nemona’s battle against us feel more impactful, but if this were the case, why not at least give Geeta a little more to work with story wise if the fear was her team overshadowing Nemona above all else?

Maybe when or if there’s DLC we’ll see more of Geeta and exactly what her own motives beyond her stature as champion are. I want to believe she has some of her own intrigue regarding Area Zero, but I don’t think she ever mentions it to us personally once?

Could be wrong though.

The main thing I don't understand about Geeta is that you fight her as soon as you beat the Elite Four. If she's supposed to the Top Champion, the strongest out of all the Champion rank trainers, wouldn't it make more sense for her to be a post-game boss? You still have the Nemona battle at the end so it's not like you lose a Champion fight after the Elite Four.

The main thing I don't understand about Geeta is that you fight her as soon as you beat the Elite Four. If she's supposed to the Top Champion, the strongest out of all the Champion rank trainers, wouldn't it make more sense for her to be a post-game boss? You still have the Nemona battle at the end so it's not like you lose a Champion fight after the Elite Four.

On the one hand, it is tradition to have a Champion fight after the E4 with only BW breaking that trend (and likewise still having a Final boss despite that). OTOH I don't think they are gonna go back to the "Blue" twist after Gen 7.

Plus It prolly woulfdn't help her that much with that team, if anything it would just made her more dissapointing gameplay wise.

I've heard some people theorize that she's more of a 'political champion' rather than a.... 'people's champion'? Like with Leon from SwSh! Everyone LOVED him (I think?), and with Geeta, that isn't the case. Esp Larry, he was (relatively) outspoken about his... distaste? for Geeta, his boss.

Basically, if Nemona (and the E4) can crush Geeta easily, there's probably something weird happening right?

(and the Area Zero Pokémon has to lend itself to something right?? like, there's no way they don't expand on that in the DLC! SwSh also focused on corruption with Rose, so I think that it'd be possible for it to happen once more with Geeta? there's something about her I think....)

Unlike most people, I kind of like the character.

I think her design is sick, I love her hair which references a Glimmora and which is made up of yellow highway stripes indicating that a Pokémon trainer's path inevitably leads to La Primera.

I find her personality, which is strict and austere, but at the same time affable, quite commendable. Her relationship with Larry is genuine and pretty interesting as well. In other words, she ideally conveys her suitability for the position of Chairman, both of the league and the academy, which she holds.

But unfortunately for all of us, as many have pointed out, she's not very memorable, or rather, challenging as a Champion, despite her La Primera title. A, in that sense, like everyone else, I was quite disappointed.

At long last, Geeta seems to me a character with a lot of potential that, unfortunately, is not very well explored in the game, especially as champion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom