• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Geeta?

The stats are offset by how utterly terrible most of his moveset choices are.
Then the problem isn't the pokemon itself, it's bad move distribution. The problem with Geeta is the bad pokemon selection, mainly the aformentioned Avalugg and Gogoat and i will also add Espathra (it's weak without Speed Boost ability). No movepool is gonna make any of these into threats, in fact some of the move choices for these are terrible (like Crunch on Avalugg and Play Rough on Gogoat).

And to be fair to Gen 1, there were much less moves back then compared to now.

I agree with the ones that said her team is okay. It might not be the most combat-ready, smart or whatever but it's intimidating and type-varied, and her design has some chemistry with Espathra, Kingambit and Glimmora, with Glimmora being nice foreshadowing of the Area Zero plot.

Her design is fine, her colors and deep eyes are memorable, though her legs are a bit too long. Also, she appears to have some gypsy influence which complements well her etheral vibe. My problem comes with her personality and dialogue, coming from Leon it's not fun or memorable and even though she appears more than Diantha she only states the obvious. We should have gotten more backstory on her to get invested.
@Nicolas721 Forcing a kid to work for you is softened child labour. Irl she wouldn't have the right to do that to Penny.
We all have different opinions, but I see how Geeta treated Penny more as a punishment for the bad things she did. Also I think that while the student characters don't have a set age in general they are closer to their late 10s, as their designs look that age and they also possess abilities like sewing, fashion designing, music composing, hacking, etc. that children are usually not interested in or aren't developed enough (except Poppy, though she is called exceptional by everyone).

We all have different opinions, but I see how Geeta treated Penny more as a punishment for the bad things she did. Also I think that while the student characters don't have a set age in general they are closer to their late 10s, as their designs look that age and they also possess abilities like sewing, fashion designing, music composing, hacking, etc. that children are usually not interested in or aren't developed enough (except Poppy, though she is called exceptional by everyone).
It's not a matter of opinion. Telling Penny to give back what she stole is a punishment. Forcing her to work for the pokémon league and threatening her is not a punishment, she is trying to exploit her.

Penny doesn't look like she's in her late 10s, she looks like a kid and in the post game it is said that she's only one year older than the protagonist who clearly looks like a kid.
Also there are kids with programming abilities just like her in real life, Tom Anderson hacked a bank's system at the age of 14, there's a 14 yo kid who won smash tournaments because he hacked his switch, Moot created 4chan when he was 15...

Last edited:
She is OK. Probably not very memorable aside of her very obvious Spanish face design and theme. Her team is sort of weird and I didn't struggle with her at all. I found the last battle with Nemona harder, and even then it wasn't that hard.

For me Geeta is not as memorable as Cynthia, Lance or Leon. I would give my ranking of Champions as such (from best to worst)

1. Cynthia
2. Leon
3. Blue
4. Lance
5. N (I consider him the actual Champion of Unova, I never challenged Alder)
6. Nemona
7. Steven
8. Geeta
9. Kukui / Hau
10. Diantha

I took into consideration their personality, their uniqueness, their team and how involved they were with the story and with us as players.

I am not including Wallace since I never played Emerald. I also didn't consider the rival from the Let's Go universe since I think it is not canonical.

EDIT: I didn't mention Iris, but since unfortunately I haven't played Black/White 2, I don't have an opinion about her.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of opinion. Telling Penny to give back what she stole is a punishment. Forcing her to work for the pokémon league and threatening her is not a punishment, she is trying to exploit her.

Damage repair is an obligation/duty of the criminal, not a punishment. In turn, Community service is one of the alternative penalties in Brazilian law, this is, an alternative, depending on the crime, to imprisonment (18+) or compulsory detention in an educational establishment (12+).

Penny, like it or not, is a CRIMINAL/OFFENDER, she invaded someone else's computer system through undue violation of a security mechanism and with the aim of obtaining an illicit financial advantage. She is also responsible for having created and led a gang, a criminal association of delinquent students who perpetrated various misdemeanors in Paldea.

But, of course, 11-year-old Penny in our world would be a child, not a teenager and much less an adult, so she wouldn't be subject to such laws. But given how overdeveloped and almost independent 10-year-olds are in the Pokémon world, it would not be appropriate for us to impose our criteria for criminal liability on them.

Last edited:
Damage repair is an obligation/duty of the criminal, not a punishment. In turn, Community service is one of the alternative penalties in Brazilian law, this is, an alternative, depending on the crime, to imprisonment (18+) or compulsory detention in an educational establishment (12+).
Except Geeta isn't a judge or a policewoman, it's not her role to do that and she isn't even asking for damage repair, she's forcing Penny to be her new employee.
The usual penalty for hackers is a (big) fine, not community service.

Except Geeta isn't a judge or a policewoman, it's not her role to do that and she isn't even asking for damage repair, she's forcing Penny to be her new employee.
The usual penalty for hackers is a (big) fine, not community service.

You're right, but questions of justice were never really addressed in Pokémon. So, it's not surprising that the game proposes a simpler solution to Penny's wrongdoings.

Moreover, the intention exposed in the game, by punishing Penny with the obligation to improve/repair the security mechanism of the Pokémon League, seems to me to come from the notion of repairing the violation that she perpetrated in that system, as well as having the educational character of demonstrating that her talents can and should be used in a positive way, and not to practice wrongdoings.

So, I don't see the Punishment that Geeta and Clavell inflicted on Penny as morally reprehensible.

Last edited:
You're right, but questions of justice were never really addressed in Pokémon. So, it's not surprising that the game proposes a simpler solution to Penny's wrongdoings.

Moreover, the intention exposed in the game, by punishing Penny with the obligation to improve/repair the security mechanism of the Pokémon League, seems to me to come from the notion of repairing the violation that she perpetrated in that system, as well as having the educational character of demonstrating that their talents can and should be used in a positive way, and not to practice wrongdoings.

So, I don't see the Punishment that Gheta and Clavell inflicted on Penny as morally reprehensible.
I think Clavell's intents were good too.
But Geeta on the other hand not so much. Clavell was trying to find a right punishment, Geeta seemed very manipulative (and the fact the gym leaders all think she's a control freak doesn't help)
Penny didn't want to work with her and instead of trying to discuss it with her, Geeta doesn't care and says "Thank you in advance for your willing and eager cooperation." with her hypocritical grin.
She's using her position as a way to get what she wants even though she doesn't have the right to do that : forcing someone to work even when it's considered community service is illegal.
But even if we forget about this, in the post game Arven tells the player that Penny got a job at the Pokémon League. She has finished fixing the system, it doesn't have to do anything with her punishment anymore, it's just child labour. The worst thing about this is that Penny did not even want this job in the first place.
This isn't the only time Geeta does something questionable with a kid. When you give her your report she asks you to let her into your room. Adults aren't allowed in children's rooms, this is downright creepy.

This isn't the only time Geeta does something questionable with a kid. When you give her your report she asks you to let her into your room. Adults aren't allowed in children's rooms, this is downright creepy.
IIRC, She also invaded the PC's privacy with an earlier phone call (granted so did Penny, but the game won't let you call that out)

I like her. She has an over-the-top stern personality in regards to her work, which I find absolutely amusing. However, she does have a seemingly calm and friendly attitude to her, which we see in her interactions with the player, and we love to see that.

Now her team... I think her team is fine. Pokémon fans need to realise that not every Champion needs to be over-the-top strong, with teams filled with top-tier competitive Pokémon. No, I have seen people hate on her team because she uses Pokémon like Gogoat and Veluza, which are apparently weak. :bulbaFacepalm: I, for one, do not like teams of Pokémon, all with 600 BST or some shit lol. So, yes, I like Geeta's team. It has underrated Pokémon in it and that's why I adore it.

I, for one, do not like teams of Pokémon, all with 600 BST or some shit
Only one pokemon in Cynthia's team is 600 BST and she's arguably the hardest Champion in the series. You don't need high BST to have a good team and unfortunately at least half of Geeta's team is far too weak for a Champion. Yes. Gogoat, Veluza, Espathra (at least without Speed Boost) and Avalugg are far too weak for a Champion, and there are much better choices even just in Generation 9 pokemon that can replace these to give her a much better team.

A Champion should be the last test for a trainer, and them having like four out of six pokemon that pose no threat regardless of team setup is a bad thing in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nemona is a champion but Geeta is classified as the Top (main) champion of the region and is the one you need to defeat in order to earn the Champion title.

She's not all that bad, although I really think they should fix her team just a tad. Her Glimmora is pretty useless since she sends it out last. Kingambit can actually be a challenge depending on when it's sent out, and I lost to her a few times when she sent it out second to last. But, I don't think she's the worst champion, Diantha is right there.

Ruminating on this again, you know who would have made a good ace for Geeta? Lucario.

It’s fitting with both her color scheme and her persona as “strict authority figure”. Then Glimmora could have been a spike setter like it should have been in the first place. Also, it follows Leon’s Charizard in the tradition of “overhyped Pokemon now being used by the champion” which makes me smirk.

How would you build her team?

Ruminating on this again, you know who would have made a good ace for Geeta? Lucario.

It’s fitting with both her color scheme and her persona as “strict authority figure”. Then Glimmora could have been a spike setter like it should have been in the first place. Also, it follows Leon’s Charizard in the tradition of “overhyped Pokemon now being used by the champion” which makes me smirk.

How would you build her team?
Leon could have been given Charizard to start a tradition as you mentioned, but it most probably was given a Charizard, instead of, say, Dragapult as the "final boss" Pokémon because of the Generational gimmick of Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing.

In Paldea, any Pokémon can Terastallize, and there are no special Terastal forms. However, Glimmora has been directly linked with Terastallization; this is probably the reason Glimmora and not any other Pokémon is Geeta's final Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom